{updates}Youtube posted an open letter to address the recent controversial video that went viral/trending.

:ph34r: Dab on dem haters **papaaw**

5a5649b0c66ef_Youtube3.JPG.537771a9cfbde500442ca364a52a3c07.JPG

YouTube issued an open letter regarding a recent controversial vlog that showed of a dead body of a suicide victim that got on the trending list for all public without age restriction. The video wasn't taken down for a significant amount of time while viewers beyond regular subscribers were open to the controversial scene in the vlog material.

The user issued an open apology & an apology by written format to his followers addressing the issue the best he though was right at the moment, He had to later amp up his home security due to the backlash the video received. The whole online community response was a mix of reactions while some deemed it as disturbing others saying it spread awareness .

We expect more of the creators who build their community on YouTube as we’re sure you do too. The channel violated our community guidelines, we acted accordingly, and we are looking at further consequences.

Youtube.JPG.6e1b813d6f85d9d006992c0c287048ea.JPG

Aside from all this some critics still say it's an incomplete & partial failure of an excuse issued to keep the user on the safe side of the platform while many other content creators on the same platform if they would've done something similar would be wiped off from the platform with strict restrictions being applied, so it seems like a one sided approach to some , some making it heavily political.

The video went viral and garnered more than 6.3 million views and 600,000 comments on before it was taken offline Monday night, following an intense backlash .

47b0b68d00000578-5227677-youtube_star_lo

lol  look at his face , it's like he saw a dead body or something. oh wait.

YouTube said earlier that while it may allow some graphic content if it is posted in an educational, documentary, scientific or artistic manner or limited to users who are 18 or older, Paul was issued a so-called "strike," or told in an email that he had violated the site's guidelines.   "Our hearts go out to the family of the person featured in the video. YouTube prohibits violent or gory content posted in a shocking, sensational or disrespectful manner," YouTube said in a statement.

But despite the widespread criticism, Logan's subscriber count appears to have benefited from the bad publicity. While he gained fewer subscribers than usual on the day the controversy hit mainstream attention (just 17,111), he went on to gain a whopping 81,114 subscribers, which is far higher than his usual daily subscriber increase.

current subscriber count & counting

5a565dbf38865_Loganpaulsubscriber.JPG.66de29bd1971388d07a1c5c2f4e87627.JPG

So what do you think, YouTube playing a soft side on things because of his popularity or this an okay excuse? Post your comments below & please you know how to act & respond right without attacking someone excessively. keep it from going overboard.

Sources :

https://twitter.com/YouTube

http://www.cbc.ca/news/entertainment/youtube-logan-paul-statement-1.4480568

http://www.nme.com/news/youtube-logan-paul-apology-japan-suicide-forest-2216823

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5308498/youtube-finally-apologises-for-vlogger-logan-pauls-sick-suicide-forest-video-after-furious-backlash/

Update:

A sort of harsher disciplinary action has been taken by YouTube to further damage control, YouTube Removed Logan Paul From Preferred Program also his series sequel or something from YouTube Red has been put on hold. Seems to be the right move but doesn't affect shit heavily imo.

Source Links : Thanks to @SC2Mitch for later update & links:

https://www.buzzfeed.com/claudiarosenbaum/youtube-cuts-business-ties-with-logan-paul?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/youtube-removes-logan-paul-from-preferred-program-puts-thinning-sequel-hold-1073814

https://www.polygon.com/2018/1/10/16871562/logan-paul-youtube-red-thinning

Details separate people.

It only took them 9 days

CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 1600Motherboard - Asus Strix B350-F GAMING, RAM -  Corsair Vengeance RGB 16GB (2x8GB) 3000Mhz CL15, GPU - Asus Strix GTX 1070Ti, Case - Phanteks Eclipse P400S, Storage - Crucial BX300 240GB + Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5", PSU - Corsair CS650M, OS- Win10 Pro

Just now, Tech_Dreamer said:

YouTube playing a soft side on things because of his popularity or this an okay excuse

Going soft definitely, this is no way an acceptable excuse and for them to say "We acted accordingly" is utter bollocks, YT didn't do shit, this sack of shit called Logan Paul had to take down his video, my thoughts? Fuck him and fuck YouTube

2 minutes ago, Fruitsnacc said:

Old news, youtube shared this 18 hours ago

if your complaining then why didn't you then lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

Just now, Eduard the weeb said:

if your complaining then why didn't you then lol

Im not complaining, i just dont find it interesting.

I hAve an unfinished pc build. Pls dont bully for not having one yet or i cry.

i watched the video and thought it was a joke. I don't know the context , if youtube thought the same i guess it's an excuse, if not of course they should at least restrict the video although i don't know how, i guess i never seen an example on youtube. They ask for the age? if so everyone just puts a random age i guess.

YouTube is making too much money from him for them to completely nuke off the site. They probably left it on to get as much views as possible for that AdSense money. They should at least demonetize him for this.

Just now, asus killer said:

i watched the video and thought it was a joke. I don't know the context .

exactly , it was like a scripted scene , with people next to him keeping up a weird smiley face like they're going through with a made up scene , not what you'd expect from a person seeing a dead body  , thought he faked all the stuff to get the shock value/click bait material.

Details separate people.

Delete Logan paul, or any Paul's. Unless they tech related.

The geek himself.

"We acted accordingly"

By keeping the video up. They should just admit that all Susan wants is more shekels.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

1 minute ago, Tech_Dreamer said:

exactly , it was like a scripted scene , with people next to him keeping up a weird smiley face like they're going through with a made up scene , not what you'd expect from a person seeing a dead body  , thought he faked all the stuff to get the shock value/click bait material.

if it was a joke/fake then i guess it's dark humor. I love dark humor, this was very bad dark humor in my opinion. 

What to say, this is the internet, someone can "surf" accidentally to much worse. I understand the high standards we have for youtube, still it's the internet *shoulder shrug*

"We acted accordingly" lol, what? By putting the video on trending? 9_9

So off the mark it's not even funny -_-

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

2 minutes ago, asus killer said:

if it was a joke/fake then i guess it's dark humor. I love dark humor, this was very bad dark humor in my opinion. 

What to say, this is the internet, someone can "surf" accidentally to much worse. I understand the high standards we have for youtube, still it's the internet *shoulder shrug*

didn't think like that first, as in like a dark humor, like a legit payed actor playing the dead guy or something.

Details separate people.

13 minutes ago, Being Delirious said:

Delete Logan paul, or any Paul's. Unless they tech related.

Yeah Paul's Hardware is fine.  :D 

Sorry for the mess!  My laptop just went ROG!

"THE ROGUE":  ASUS ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QR (2021)

• Ryzen 9 5900HS
  • RTX 3070 Laptop GPU (80W)
  • 24GB DDR4-3200 (8+16)
  • 2TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial P2 NVMe (games)
  • 90Wh battery + 200W power brick
  • 15.6" 1440p 165Hz IPS Pantone display
  • Logitech G603 mouse + Logitech G733 headset

"Hex": Dell G7 7588 (2018)

• i7-8750H
  • GTX 1060 Max-Q
  • 16GB DDR4-2666
  • 1TB SK Hynix NVMe (boot) + 2TB Crucial MX500 SATA (games)
  • 56Wh battery + 180W power brick
  • 15.6" 1080p 60Hz IPS display
  • Corsair Harpoon Wireless mouse + Corsair HS70 headset

"Mishiimin": Apple iMac 5K 27" (2017)

• i7-7700K
  • Radeon Pro 580 8GB (basically a desktop R9 390)
  • 16GB DDR4-2400
  • 2TB SSHD
  • 400W power supply (I think?)
  • 27" 5K 75Hz Retina display
  • Logitech G213 keyboard + Logitech G203 Prodigy mouse

Other tech: Apple iPhone 14 Pro Max 256GB in White, Sennheiser PXC 550-II, Razer Hammerhead earbuds, JBL Tune Flex earbuds, OontZ Angle 3 Ultra, Raspberry Pi 400, Logitech M510 mouse, Redragon S113 keyboard & mouse, Cherry MX Silent Red keyboard, Cooler Master Devastator II keyboard (not in use), Sennheiser HD4.40BT (not in use)

Retired tech: Apple iPhone XR 256GB in Product(RED), Apple iPhone SE 64GB in Space Grey (2016), iPod Nano 7th Gen in Product(RED), Logitech G533 headset, Logitech G930 headset, Apple AirPods Gen 2 and Gen 3

Trash bin (do not buy): Logitech G935 headset, Logitech G933 headset, Cooler Master Devastator II mouse, Razer Atheris mouse, Chinese off-brand earbuds, anything made by Skullcandy

27 minutes ago, AdoptedAsian said:

It only took them 9 days

Yeah, its just 9 days, not really a big deal. I'm glad with the response time and the fact that they took their time in order to prevent some stupid rushed reaction/answer.

1 hour ago, DildorTheDecent said:

"We acted accordingly"

By keeping the video up. They should just admit that all Susan wants is more shekels.

1 hour ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

"We acted accordingly" lol, what? By putting the video on trending? 9_9

So off the mark it's not even funny -_-

By looking at community flags, CHOOSING to ignore them, hand pick the video to go on trending, let it go viral, ignore backlash, let Logan delete it by his own choice, then wait. Like a week later put out a statement saying they acted accordingly. Youtube, millions of people know the truth, this is major BS.

I wonder what Floatplane would do if this happened on their service?

CPU - Ryzen 7 3700X | RAM - 64 GB DDR4 3200MHz | GPU - Nvidia GTX 1660 ti | MOBO -  MSI B550 Gaming Plus

The real Problem isn't really the Paul Logan Video but that the ones responding to the Video got either deleted or even community strikes.

And here we go again with youtube and their favorite content creators...

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

7 minutes ago, PocketNerd said:

I wonder what Floatplane would do if this happened on their service?

I like this. Maybe Linus can elaborate on this, and differentiate between FloatPlane and YouTube in this respect.

YouTube, a platform for creators*

*more specifically, creators that we like and make us the most money. Forget about anybody else.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

32 minutes ago, Inkz said:

By looking at community flags, CHOOSING to ignore them, hand pick the video to go on trending, let it go viral, ignore backlash, let Logan delete it by his own choice, then wait. Like a week later put out a statement saying they acted accordingly. Youtube, millions of people know the truth, this is major BS.

All about the shekels my boy!

Who cares about what is "right" when you can just make sweet sweet money!

Logan Paul and the rest of vloggers roll in dough. YouTube has moved on since it has taken on all the viners.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III