Nintendo Switch Mini?

IsaacThePooper

Image result for nintendo switch mini

Personally, I think that it would be a cool idea for just purely a portable device, but I'm not sure if it'll be compatible with th eoriginal dock.

Was the Switch not portable enough already? Why do we even need a mini version of a very small device anyway?

i5 12600k | ASRock Z690M-ITX 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200MHz | EVGA 2080 Super Black | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB + 980 1TB | Corsair RMx 650W | Thermaltake Tower 100 White

Doesn't the 2ds already exist?

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

I don't think this needs to exist. Even if it does, severely doubt it'll go  for < 200 USD

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

I think this product doesn't need to exist, and I also think people are overestimating the difference in size that could be achieved by eliminating the detachable JoyCons.  The cost of re-tooling the switch in this way would also not be worth it just to give a slightly more fitting product to single children and people with no friends who were already in the market and were going to buy one anyway.  The JoyCons are already almost too small to get used to, and I don't think an adult would be able to comfortably hold this thing.

I know people who think the Switch is too large to be considered portable. I'm not one to keep a 3DS in my pocket, save for like the airport, so I'm not one of those. I'm not really sure if this mock up of a mini version would be small enough though. If it's long enough to be compatible with the existing dock, then I think it's still larger than a phablet and probably uncomfortable to place in a pocket of anything but some baggy cargo pants or something. But I wear jeans so I don't even like the PS Vita in my pocket. Only the DS/3DS due to the folding design. Now that works.

I like the ideas being pitched here but as a reminder about the joycons some games are designed to use them and likely will in the future.  What do you do about Arms, Mario Odyssey (some maneuvers need them), and things like 1,2 Switch?  I do like the idea of not including a dock but making it compatible if you decide to get one later to lower the price of admission so to speak.  And that D pad does look nice I'd endorse it!

In a Switch revision from my minimal business education i would suggest

1) Bigger initial storage even if its upped from 32 to 64GB that would be a sizable improvement

2) Pre installed apps granted this is bound to happen in an update but having it out of the gate would be a nice bonus

3) Two kickstands one on each side to stabilize it simple modification but works in a big way especially if you sell it without a dock and as a portable out of the gate

4) The proper D pad

5) A basic media player app (another update possibly) to play music and videos off of external storage (SD card)

I'd rather they make a purely home console version of the Switch for $199. Then again the fucker probably wouldn't come with a power adapter or a way to charge your joycons, knowing the way Nintendo nickels and dimes their buyers.

42 minutes ago, SteveGrabowski0 said:

I'd rather they make a purely home console version of the Switch for $199. Then again the fucker probably wouldn't come with a power adapter or a way to charge your joycons, knowing the way Nintendo nickels and dimes their buyers.

If it was a "real" console and even more powerful that would be awesome. Something like an advanced Wii (I still use mine sometimes and it´s pure fun).

If they made a low cost Switch for say $250 I'd buy but at the $300+ price tag it's too expensive for most of us to buy. Back to pacifying myself with 3DS.