Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hellrazor

nVidia vs AMD vs Intel comparison 2018

Posted · Original PosterOP

Hello, I recently built a PC that has an Intel G4560. So far I'm playing games with the Intel HD Graphics 610. Now that I collected some money again I want to buy a new graphics card. But I want to buy a graphics card obviously better than the HD Graphics because I can say that the HD Graphics 610 have very good performance. I found the GT 1030 which has 2GB and as I searched on the internet I read very good reviews about this card. But I also read that AMD now has better drivers for their GPUs, everyone says nVidia experience sucks. So, I'm really concerned now. I like buying things that everyone prefers, e.g. I like a PC having Intel or Asus motherboard or having an nVidia GPU because all these years these companies are the most trust worthy. So, what people do you say, should I go to nVidia and if yes which card do you suggest for 100 euros, hardly 120 euros? Or should I go to AMD?

Thank you for your time.

P.S. Sorry of the long text.

I would go for the amd rx 460/560  or 470/570, they should have the most bang for the buck.

3 minutes ago, WantedStarling said:

I found the GT 1030 which has 2GB and as I searched on the internet I read very good reviews about this card.

The reviews you read were wrong.  It's got okay performance, but not for the price.  It's a weaker version of the GTX 750.  You can buy a better used card for less than that.  GPU's don't really go bad, aside from physical damage. Look for a 750 Ti or higher in the 700 series, or a 950 or higher in the 900 series.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures

What games are you playing, what performance are you expecting, and what is your budget for the card? That will dictate (generally speaking what card you're going to buy). For balance, with a G4560, live mentioned above, the RX 470/570 would be a good match, as would the 1050ti or even the 1050. Depends on pricing and availability where you live though. Also mentioned above, used last gen (or even before) cards are often pretty good values for the right price.

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 8700k | be quiet! Dark Rock 4 | Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac | 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ | 256 GB Intel® SSD 600p Series | ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 1080 Ti Mini | Fractal Design Node 304 | Cooler Master V750 | Asus MG279Q | Asus VC279 | Logitech G710+ | Corsair M65 Pro RGB

Posted · Original PosterOP

I'm playing Watch dogs, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Homefront and some other horror game like Outlast. But when there will be sales again I'm planning to buy something newer(not so new but let's say better) like GTA V or Watch dogs 2 or Overwatch or CS:GO.

15 minutes ago, WantedStarling said:

I'm playing Watch dogs, Assasins Creed Black Flag, Homefront and some other horror game like Outlast. But when there will be sales again I'm planning to buy something newer(not so new but let's say better) like GTA V or Watch dogs 2 or Overwatch or CS:GO.

The cards I listed should do fine on Medium/High settings for those games.  The higher numbers for each generation are better. Keep in mind that the 700 and 900 card start at different levels. A GTX 760 is about the same as a GTX 950, so use that as a scale when shopping.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  How to build a gaming PC for $400US or less   |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures