Cooling my NCASE m1

magicammo

im trying to get optimal airflow in my system and make it as quiet as i can and im having trouble doing so. so my system is as stated below

evga z170 stinger mobo
Zotac GTX 1080 mini stock
Intel i7 6700k stock
16GB ram 
Cryorig c7 (will be getting C1 its on the way)
3 Noctua NF F12 2 at bottom of GPU bringing air in (one not being used not enough fan headers ordered a spitter) 
one on the side of the case to the right of the CPU in taking air as well.

The temps im getting on my cpu is 68c max while playing games at 1440p 
my GPU is getting to 79c i know its in the safe range for temps but i want to try and lower it if i could. does any one have any suggestions? i know the new cooler for my cpu should bring temps for my cpu down but should i set the fans below my gpu as exhaust instead of intake?  

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

The fans below the graphics card should stay intake. You probably won't get much of an improvement in graphics card temps without replacing the heatsink.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Pronlem with small builds is that components make more heat than can be exhausted. And still they need also fresh air more than can be supplied. With bigger cases overall temp inside will raise slower, resulting lower temps in longer periods.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

59 minutes ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Pronlem with small builds is that components make more heat than can be exhausted. And still they need also fresh air more than can be supplied. With bigger cases overall temp inside will raise slower, resulting lower temps in longer periods.

yea i noticed lool i switched from a corsair 350D didnt think my cpu temps would go up 20c and same with my gpu 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900HX GPU: AMD RX 6800M RAM: 16GB  SSD: 500GB NVME 

13 hours ago, magicammo said:

yea i noticed lool i switched from a corsair 350D didnt think my cpu temps would go up 20c and same with my gpu 

Custom water cooling loop if you can be bothered and afford it. Although with a 8700K and 1080Ti it was really on the cusp of "making any difference".

Cooling in the M1 is pretty challenging. I would have thought a card with a bigger heat sink and having the fans around the CPU region as exhaust while having the fans under the GPU as intake would be a canonical setup.

Alternatively you can still squeeze a 240 mm AIO and get a hybrid cooled GPU, I think that is the most efficient way to cool in the M1.

12 hours ago, For Science! said:

Alternatively you can still squeeze a 240 mm AIO and get a hybrid cooled GPU, I think that is the most efficient way to cool in the M1.

An Accelero IV would perform similarly and be easier to install. https://www.reddit.com/r/sffpc/comments/5zqhlo/gtx_1080ti_w_accelero_xtreme_iii_oc_in_ncase/

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.