Why Did this person approach me ? He was going to stab me right?

WolfLoverPro
1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

To me it comes down to this would I'd rather be the corpse on the ground or explaining to the cops why there is a corpse on the ground, there are certain places referred to as combat zones and not being armed there is foolish, now I agree if possible avoid the fight but if not do not hesitate and use everything you have against your attacker as your life is inherently more important than theirs.

To me i'd rather avoid getting into the combat zone in the first place, i will always choose negotiation over violence

24 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

A sweatshirt would not light on fire from a gun discharge

Surely that depends on what the sweatshirt is made from, if there is fluff in the pocket, or maybe receipts which could act as kindling for your sweatshirt fire. A discharging firearm is a source of ignition, plus depending on your choice of firearm you may now also have a very hot cartridge loose in your pocket which will only increase the fire hazard.

And before you get to the firing though your sweatshirt stage, if you are in a place that allows carrying firearms won't the muggers have adapted their tactics to deal with armed victims? Such as only threatening you when they can see your hands, and shooting if you reach into your pocket? It's best regardless of how well armed you are to just give them what they want, generally you have everything to lose and they have fuck all. The best defence is knowing where and when to avoid so you don't find yourself in that situation in the first place.   

13 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

have adapted their tactics to deal with armed victims

You would think that but really it just lowers the number of muggers the places that are most dangerous are the Chicagos of the world where you can't legally have a weapon but muggers often still do, I can agree with avoiding an issue as a good policy hence why I'll never go to NYC, Chicago, DC or Detroit.

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

27 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

You would think that but really it just lowers the number of muggers the places that are most dangerous are the Chicagos of the world where you can't legally have a weapon but muggers often still do, I can agree with avoiding an issue as a good policy hence why I'll never go to NYC, Chicago, DC or Detroit.

I thought NYC was really quite safe now? Obviously there will be bits to avoid, but it's now one of the worlds safest big cities. Detroit less so, but it has a lot of history there and some spectacular architecture, albeit not all in a great state of repair. I'd check ahead where I should and shouldn't go before I got there, which I wouldn't bother with for NYC, but I'd still be interested to visit.

The vast majority of murders are gang related, or family/relationship disputes. Your odds of being murdered by a random as a visitor in one of these cities is very low, especially if you stick to the safer parts of town.

14 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So... 'Hands In Pockets' + 'Squinting' = 'Going To Stab You'

Or even, considering this quote 'both Hands in pockets are a no FUK no because that’s a threat already'

'Hands In Pockets' = 'A Threat'.

Alternative, wild, totally out of left field take: You might be a paranoid idiot.

Maybe op got a really weird vibe from the dude, we all get that sometimes.

Specs v-v

Spoiler

Cpu: Ryzen 9 3900x @ 1.1v / Motherboard: Asus Prime X570-P / Ram: 32GB 3000Mhz 16-16-16-36 Team Vulcan (4x8GB) / Storage: 1x 1TB Lite-on EP2, 2x 128GB PM851 SSD, 3x 1TB WD Blues / Gpu: GTX Titan X (Pascal) / Case: Corsair 400c Carbide / Psu: Corsair RMi 750w / OS: Windows 10

Spoiler

I'm lonely, PM me to be my friend!

2 hours ago, SgtBot said:

We have castle doctrine so you had every right to blast that fucker straight to hell.

I love that law so much. We certainly could use it here sometimes.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

19 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

snip

What made you so afraid of the world? Have you been attacked, beat up, stabbed, robbed, or held at gun point?

Or are the stories you read and hear about what has caused you to fear the unknown?

Whatever it is, unless something has happened to you. Perhaps you should calm down and read the situation a little better. The more you fear, the more problems you will create for yourself.

Reading through the rest of the posts. There are a lot of scared mother muckers out there.

I7-7700k@5.1ghz + 1080ti @ 2050mhz + 32gbs Ram + 2TB SSD = CSGO

i7-6700k@4.9ghz + 980ti @ 1501mhz + 16gbs Ram + 1 TB SSD = Backup

i7-3770k@4.8ghz + 680 4gb + 32gbs Ram + 500gb SSD = Retired/Office work

2 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So, looking at some of the OPs other threads...

Here, he thinks that if he wears a camo pattern jacket, he'll have to arm himself or the terrorists will come for him... (Maybe if he squints and keeps his hands in his pockets, he can scare away the terrorists?)

Wants to know if drawing on his skin with a pen will poison his blood.

Wants to now if the sweat from his hands will short out electronics.

Yeah, I'm going to go with 'Paranoid Idiot' here.

....or he's 11. Those all sound like things that a young child would ask, who simply doesn't know.

Though in this day in age you'd think they'd be smart enough to look it up.

Now that I read them he does sound awfully paranoid. I mean, if he arms himself, does he even know what he's doing with said instrument? A knife will just as easily cause damage to the attackee, than the attacker.

He also doesn't use punctuation. Neither of those other posts have a single period. I'm definitely going with a youngin'.

Which, in reality, just brings a whole level of sadness to this I was not expecting.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

3 hours ago, Tcrumpen said:

Same concept; if you have time to fire a gun (even concealed under a shirt) you still have time to avoid the situation and if you're in a situation where a fight is inevitable chances are you're in close quarters and you'll get a better result by using hand to hand combat (punching, kicking etc.)

With practice you can get reaaaaaaaaal fast

He who asks is stupid for 5 minutes. He who does not ask, remains stupid. -Chinese proverb. 

Those who know much are aware that they know little. - Slick roasting me

Spoiler

AXIOM

CPU- Intel i5-6500 GPU- EVGA 1060 6GB Motherboard- Gigabyte GA-H170-D3H RAM- 8GB HyperX DDR4-2133 PSU- EVGA GQ 650w HDD- OEM 750GB Seagate Case- NZXT S340 Mouse- Logitech Gaming g402 Keyboard-  Azio MGK1 Headset- HyperX Cloud Core

Offical first poster LTT V2.0

7 hours ago, dizmo said:

You just come across, to me, as antisocial and very much afraid of the world. I mean yeah, it's good to have you guard up and all that. What if he just wanted to know the time? What if he needed directions because he was lost? To completely ignore someone is also a pretty good way to piss them off. Didn't think of that? Again, hands in pockets. It's fucking winter.

Something to consider, acting the way you did makes you seem weak and a more acceptable target.

meh i mean i dont have to speak to strangers if i dont want yeah im pretty anti social anyway so you got that right lol and if he wanted to know the time look at the clock that was on the tower literally infront of him beacuse we were in a town center it has the clock tower? and even if he wants directions go ask someone else i dont have to talk to people i mean better safe than a fuk up heheeh but then u say that you still dont know if they had a knife in there pocket so why bother risking it?

5 hours ago, AshleyAshes said:

So, looking at some of the OPs other threads...

Here, he thinks that if he wears a camo pattern jacket, he'll have to arm himself or the terrorists will come for him... (Maybe if he squints and keeps his hands in his pockets, he can scare away the terrorists?)

Wants to know if drawing on his skin with a pen will poison his blood.

Wants to now if the sweat from his hands will short out electronics.

Yeah, I'm going to go with 'Paranoid Idiot' here.

LMFAO thats cool u done that there omg thats actully funny tho omg lol

but no it wont scare the terroists away cuz they kill anyone anything in sight fuking cunts

3 hours ago, valdyrgramr said:

That's just your typical city folk.  If he was going to stab you then he would have stabbed you.

mmmmmm but if he didint want to be seen he might of wanted me to come closer and the do you know a assassin stab on me like yo .. come here a sec ... Yeah? STAB

I've been "robbed" at knife point, all the idiot got was a expired monthly pass wroth like $8 in tax credits, because they asked for the time and my phone was not a iPhone, guess the stupid sap didn't want to leave empty handed xD The likelihood of some random walking Joe willing to stab you is very low. However coming from Toronto, all I will say is if someone approaches you and demands attention don't pull out valuable stuff (like your phone). If they ask for the time or change or to use your phone say sorry. You're more likely to get robbed by a person on a bike or skateboard or some other way of quick escape or in a group, than some random walker. Unless he looked like this:

Sophia-chaser-zombie-760.jpg

Then I would be running for the hills.

Move to America so you can carry a sidearm so if he whips his knife out you whip out your Dan Wesson .45, point it at his face and say, "Do you really want to die today, motherfucker? Cause if you think your crazy you have no god damn idea. I might just pull this trigger cause I feel like it. Want to give me time to decide?" And then boom! He runs off shitting his pants and you continue on your way to get a double double from In N' Out and shotgun shells for the Remington 870 Synthetic Tactical you keep next to your nightstand in case a fucker tries to walk up on your property without you giving express consent. And if you do shoot a home invader, don't worry. We have castle doctrine so you had every right to blast that fucker straight to hell.

Yea, one problem, if he pulls a knife and you pull a gun you go to jail longer... If you pulled out a knife for his knife it's deemed self defense, pull a gun in a knife fight it's deemed as threatening ones life, plus who says they don't act like they are running away but really taking their gun out to shoot you?

Also shooting someone on your property is still illegal... esp if they posed no immediate threat, like they are not threatening to kill you... Seriously sounds like you're bound and determent to go to jail for murder... Have fun :)

On 1/7/2018 at 5:22 PM, WolfLoverPro said:

so u think he was gonna stab me ?

Could have been cold out that night, he could have been out all night, bum style so maybe his hands were cold. I am 6'4" tall and have been around the world, only time I was ever afraid was at 2am on the SW corner of Oppenheimer park in Vancouver, its apart of the famed Hastings and Main intersection, or as I like to call it WASTINGS and PAIN.

I was drunk and trying to hit every bar for a drink or 10 ;) I had my tunes in my ears, walking on the curb side of the sidewalk. Lemme tell you that that guy was high on speed and jumped and took a swing at me from 5' away, luckily his meth head friend held him back. Only time in my life I ever been afraid for my life, in my life. I wouldnt even know how to fight if the opportunity was there, Id just swing and hopefully try to hit them in the chin, but I doubt that would ever happen. Last time I was in a fight, was in grade 5, and we ganged up on a kid and got caught. When in bars people always were mouthy, but they'd never step up to the plate for the follow through. I'd always stand up and they'd puss out. Or if I felt it was going to continue I'd talk my way out, like at the fond nick name called The Crack Alley, real name The Back Alley, in the parking lot, speed freak wanted it, but it never happened. Its the short guys us tall guys gotta keep an eye on, see they got the midget syndrome where they try to pick a fight with a big dude, like me.