Why Did this person approach me ? He was going to stab me right?

WolfLoverPro

I was out on Saturday went to a museum and it closed at around 6 it was dark I’m in uk so yeah

and like most cities it seemed a bit shit hole and the place where you know it’s full of drunks and idiots which is why I don’t go out at night 

but on way it was fine

when I was walking back Obviously at night go figure 

a guy with both hands in his pockets said excuse me 

I looked and kinda walked at same time he was like weird he was like looking at me but like half squinting with his head slightly tilted up and 

well both Hands in pockets are a no FUK no because that’s a threat already and looking at me like that u FUK off 

now it was in a fairly busy area ther were shops and stuff a fair bit people walking around but I just don’t trust none now because why risk it ? If someone needs help tbh I rather not help someone who looks shady I mean ok if someone’s like hurt but 

so u think he was gonna stab me ? He just seemed idk I mean he had no hood up or anything but when he walked off infrint of me he kept looking back at me ?

no wonder people carry knifes with people like this I mean wtf ?

Stab or mug you, or some combo of the two this is why I like the 2nd Amendment, muggers in my state often get lit up by the grandma they were robbing

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Did you see a knife? If not, why would you assume he was going to stab you?

How do you know he kept looking back at you? To know that you'd have to have been looking at him, right? Maybe he was thinking the exact same thing as you. "Why the fuck does this kid keep looking at me?!"

As @D4nt3 said, it's winter. You don't think maybe his hands were in his pockets because it's cold? I walk around with my hands in my pockets all the time. Sometimes with my hood up. It doesn't mean I'm going to attack someone.
How horribly paranoid do you have to be to think that?

You seem to be throwing a lot of assumptions on someone else, when really, they could have been thinking the exact same thing about you. It sounds rather pathetic tbh.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

So... 'Hands In Pockets' + 'Squinting' = 'Going To Stab You'

Or even, considering this quote 'both Hands in pockets are a no FUK no because that’s a threat already'

'Hands In Pockets' = 'A Threat'.

Alternative, wild, totally out of left field take: You might be a paranoid idiot.

5 hours ago, dizmo said:

Did you see a knife? If not, why would you assume he was going to stab you?

How do you know he kept looking back at you? To know that you'd have to have been looking at him, right? Maybe he was thinking the exact same thing as you. "Why the fuck does this kid keep looking at me?!"

As @D4nt3 said, it's winter. You don't think maybe his hands were in his pockets because it's cold? I walk around with my hands in my pockets all the time. Sometimes with my hood up. It doesn't mean I'm going to attack someone.
How horribly paranoid do you have to be to think that?

You seem to be throwing a lot of assumptions on someone else, when really, they could have been thinking the exact same thing about you. It sounds rather pathetic tbh.

Lol yeah because if you come up to me and just stand right  in front of me after saying excuse me while I was walking ignoring him and he just stands out of nowhere with both hands in his pockets you can’t tell if he has a knife in his pocket and then after walking around him he walks again in front of me but this time walks off and keeps looking back at me  I didint ask him to come and speak to me so I wasn’t looking at him on purpose but to do that and then keep looking back at me I mean lol

plusof course I was looking at him cuz I was walking in the dicrection after he walked off infront  of me so I was looking where I was going anyway 

oh well better to be safe than risk if someone had a knife in there pocket 

5 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

Lol yeah because if you come up to me and just stand right  in front of me after saying excuse me while I was walking ignoring him and he just stands out of nowhere with both hands in his pockets you can’t tell if he has a knife in his pocket and then after walking around him he walks again in front of me but this time walks off and keeps looking back at me  I didint ask him to come and speak to me so I wasn’t looking at him on purpose but to do that and then keep looking back at me I mean lol

plusof course I was looking at him cuz I was walking in the dicrection after he walked off infront  of me so I was looking where I was going anyway 

You just come across, to me, as antisocial and very much afraid of the world. I mean yeah, it's good to have you guard up and all that. What if he just wanted to know the time? What if he needed directions because he was lost? To completely ignore someone is also a pretty good way to piss them off. Didn't think of that? Again, hands in pockets. It's fucking winter.

Something to consider, acting the way you did makes you seem weak and a more acceptable target.

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

Spoiler

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

18 minutes ago, dizmo said:

You just come across, to me, as antisocial and very much afraid of the world. I mean yeah, it's good to have you guard up and all that. What if he just wanted to know the time? What if he needed directions because he was lost? To completely ignore someone is also a pretty good way to piss them off. Didn't think of that? Again, hands in pockets. It's fucking winter.

Something to consider, acting the way you did makes you seem weak and a more acceptable target.

"Of course I pushed him in front of that car Constable, you should have seen him, he came right at me, WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS!"

6 hours ago, WolfLoverPro said:

He probably wanted to ask something but, since you just walked by him silently he probably thought: "wow what an asshole" and just moved on.

Obviously, I can't blame you, but I wouldn't think much of it since I walk around with a hoodie + hands in pockets 99% of the time whether it's cold or not.

I don't carry knives but, I'm not afraid to throw a punch or run away to defend myself. :P

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

The person could have been homeless and asking/begging for money.

Stop and think a second, something is more than nothing.

4 minutes ago, AshleyAshes said:

"Of course I pushed him in front of that car Constable, you should have seen him, he came right at me, WITH HIS HANDS IN HIS POCKETS!"

That's when you find out he kept them there because he's a very self conscious war hero who had his hands blown off saving 2 small children from an errant grenade.

Spoiler

Spoiler

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

Move to America so you can carry a sidearm so if he whips his knife out you whip out your Dan Wesson .45, point it at his face and say, "Do you really want to die today, motherfucker? Cause if you think your crazy you have no god damn idea. I might just pull this trigger cause I feel like it. Want to give me time to decide?" And then boom! He runs off shitting his pants and you continue on your way to get a double double from In N' Out and shotgun shells for the Remington 870 Synthetic Tactical you keep next to your nightstand in case a fucker tries to walk up on your property without you giving express consent. And if you do shoot a home invader, don't worry. We have castle doctrine so you had every right to blast that fucker straight to hell.

16 hours ago, AresKrieger said:

Stab or mug you, or some combo of the two this is why I like the 2nd Amendment, muggers in my state often get lit up by the grandma they were robbing

Despite the fact that owning a gun increase your likelihood of getting shot. If you have the time to pull out a gun and shoot you have enough to punch the face/knee the groin and just run

2 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Despite the fact that owning a gun increase your likelihood of getting shot. If you have the time to pull out a gun and shoot you have enough to punch the face/knee the groin and just run

Who said anything about pulling it out, sweatshirts are replacible

Also that statistic is due to suicides

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/ Tier Breakdown (My understanding)--1 Godly, 2 Great, 3 Good, 4 Average, 5 Meh, 6 Bad, 7 Awful

Just now, AresKrieger said:

Same concept; if you have time to fire a gun (even concealed under a shirt) you still have time to avoid the situation and if you're in a situation where a fight is inevitable chances are you're in close quarters and you'll get a better result by using hand to hand combat (punching, kicking etc.)

So, looking at some of the OPs other threads...

Here, he thinks that if he wears a camo pattern jacket, he'll have to arm himself or the terrorists will come for him... (Maybe if he squints and keeps his hands in his pockets, he can scare away the terrorists?)

Wants to know if drawing on his skin with a pen will poison his blood.

Wants to now if the sweat from his hands will short out electronics.

Yeah, I'm going to go with 'Paranoid Idiot' here.

7 minutes ago, AresKrieger said:

Also that statistic is due to suicides

They can also be flammable. Even if the assailant dies, if you've suffered severe, life changing, burns, it's pushing it to call it a 'win'. Better to just hand over your wallet and phone.

18 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

Same concept; if you have time to fire a gun (even concealed under a shirt) you still have time to avoid the situation and if you're in a situation where a fight is inevitable chances are you're in close quarters and you'll get a better result by using hand to hand combat (punching, kicking etc.)

Unless you have the ability to disarm someone with a knife or sucker punch them that isn't true, the only issue of using a gun at close quarters is potential for disarm, now having a knife in extremely close quarters is an advantage but the gun at least gives you a chance and you can pre grip if things seem prior to anything occurring

(now if you want to argue that a knife would be better fine, but it's better to carry both)

6 minutes ago, Monkey Dust said:

They can also be flammable. Even if the assailant dies, if you've suffered severe, life changing, burns, it's pushing it to call it a 'win'. Better to just hand over your wallet and phone.

A sweatshirt would not light on fire from a gun discharge

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

Unless you have the ability to disarm someone with a knife or sucker punch them that isn't true, the only issue of using a gun at close quarters is potential for disarm, now having a knife in extremely close quarters is an advantage but the gun at least gives you a chance and you can pre grip if things seem prior to anything occurring

In a real street fight you don't have time to do proper self defense or martial arts, you're best bet is to go for the groin or the legs make them wince then land a solid blow to the stomach knocking the wind of of them, by the time they have caught their breath you should be to far ahead of them to catch up; of course i'm basing this from the UK perspective where gun control laws are far more severe

8 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

In a real street fight you don't have time to do proper self defense or martial arts, you're best bet is to go for the groin or the legs make them wince then land a solid blow to the stomach knocking the wind of of them, by the time they have caught their breath you should be to far ahead of them to catch up; of course i'm basing this from the UK perspective where gun control laws are far more severe

I never said anything about martial arts (i find them pointless), I'm saying that if you don't have a physical advantage and can keep from getting stabbed you've already loss. If they swing or jab with the knife and you can't manage to either avoid that or block their arm, if you hit them first then it is moot but I mentioned that with sucker punching, though you could prefire in the same scenario if you have time to make the first move

There is no downside to having the gun, a knife may be more effective up close in many cases but you could have both

1 minute ago, AresKrieger said:

I never said anything about martial arts (i find them pointless), I'm saying that if you don't have a physical advantage and can keep from getting stabbed you've already loss. If they swing or jab with the knife and you can't manage to either avoid that or block there arm, if you hit them first then it is moot but I mentioned that with sucker punching, though you could prefire in the same scenario if you have time to make the first move

There is no downside to having the gun, a knife may be more effective up close in many cases but you could have both

I see nothing BUT the downside of owning a gun; what happens when you pull out a gun, everyone either flees like madmen increasing the risk of collateral damage or several other people then pull guns out on you and suddenly you're outgunned and unless you're in a 80s action film you are not coming out of that situation alive

I'm a pacifist at heart i believe violence never solves anything however if someone threatens me i will defend myself; i do agree with you on martial arts as fun as they are they don't prepare your for street fights; they prepare for fights against other martial artists

But each one to their own, also knives are just as bad

7 minutes ago, Tcrumpen said:

I'm a pacifist at heart i believe violence never solves anything however if someone threatens me i will defend myself; i do agree with you on martial arts as fun as they are they don't prepare your for street fights; they prepare for fights against other martial artists

To me it comes down to this would I'd rather be the corpse on the ground or explaining to the cops why there is a corpse on the ground, there are certain places referred to as combat zones and not being armed there is foolish, now I agree if possible avoid the fight but if not do not hesitate and use everything you have against your attacker as your life is inherently more important than theirs.