only 2 websites work? wireless problem.

Go to solution Solved by Guest Kefuren,

Ive got free avast that has no firewall and looks like either does kesperskye. The only one on is the microsoft one and I tried turning that one off It did nothing.

Have you tried disabling both the firewall(s) and the antiviruses at the same time? Seems unlikely to me to be caused by that, but it's worth a shot.

Have to have the s. 

Huh.. That's really strange.. tbh sounds to me like the easiest way is just to format everything and reinstall (especially if you've just had the rig up for 4 days, hope you haven't put in that much stuff yet).

EDIT: Have you got another pc you could test the connection on just in case? Can't really think of anything that could be causing this outside the computer, but just in case..

WTF  :unsure: So it only works with SSL? That is very strange. 

Might I add steam doesnt connect but skype seems to though they havnt responded to msgs yet but its 2am and the msg looks like it sent. @Kefuren and @Sheldon

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Huh.. That's really strange.. tbh sounds to me like the easiest way is just to format everything and reinstall (especially if you've just had the rig up for 4 days, hope you haven't put in that much stuff yet).

EDIT: Have you got another pc you could test the connection on just in case? Can't really think of anything that could be causing this outside the computer, but just in case..

Well my wifis fine since my dads streaming tv from India to here in Australia and my mum was watching tv shows online about 10mins ago on the other old pc.

Edit: im also talking now off my phone which is connected to wifi so thats not the proble.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Well my wifis fine since my dads streaming tv from India to here in Australia and my mum was watching tv shows online about 10mins ago on the other old pc.

Edit: im also talking now off my phone which is connected to wifi so thats not the proble.

So it can be cropped down to be in the computer then.. Have you checked if there is some firewall thing or something blocking non-secure connections?

I cant seem to watch utube vids though the site loads. The vid just says an error occurred pleas try again later. Learn more.

Skye normally works without DNS, just needs a gateway. Lets try this. Firstly run cmd as administrator and then go ipconfig /flush (wait till its done and says your don't have an IPv4) then ipconfig /renew ( it should work when your running it as adminsitrator)  Then try again to go on an http website. If that doesn't work. remove all anti virus crap and restart.

So it can be cropped down to be in the computer then.. Have you checked if there is some firewall thing or something blocking non-secure connections?

That sounds like a lead where should I look? 

Btw did I mention I need to thanks both of yous oh so very much for all the time and effort yous have taken out to help me today and that I really appreciate it. Its my first ever pc and im 15 and I just poured all my money into this pc and im really stressed about loosing 2500$ down the drain. Luckily I havnt purchased the 780ti yet whoch 800 alone. @Sheldon and @Kefuren thanks again.

Skye normally works without DNS, just needs a gateway. Lets try this. Firstly run cmd as administrator and then go ipconfig /flush (wait till its done and says your don't have an IPv4) then ipconfig /renew ( it should work when your running it as adminsitrator)  Then try again to go on an http website. If that doesn't work. remove all anti virus crap and restart.

Ill do this now but just for reference what is DNS? Srry noobling here. Hehehe.

Btw did I mention I need to thanks both of yous oh so very much for all the time and effort yous have taken out to help me today and that I really appreciate it. Its my first ever pc and im 15 and I just poured all my money into this pc and im really stressed about loosing 2500$ down the drain. Luckily I havnt purchased the 780ti yet whoch 800 alone. @Sheldon and @Kefuren thanks again.

Hey! its fine! We are here to help. Don't worry about loosing money :P Its a software problem. not a hardware! Its probably something really stupid @ForeseenVisionz 

:P well it changes the domain name www.linustechtips.com into an IP address. e.g www.linustechtips.com -> 41.41.41.15 

DNS = Domain Name Server, it's the thing that translates the text addresses of the websites to ip addresses, for example linustechtips.com -> 198.41.189.5

DNS = Domain Name Server, it's the thing that translates the text addresses of the websites to ip addresses, for example linustechtips.com -> 198.41.189.5

:P hahaha I went something simple but we both used linustechtips.com :D

Is it ipconfig/flushdns coz thats wat it says to do because its eroorr un recognised or incomplete cmd line.

Is it ipconfig/flushdns coz thats wat it says to do because its eroorr un recognised or incomplete cmd line.

ipconfig[space]/flushdns, you need the space between the two.

Go with Ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew then ipnconfig /flushdns

Maybe that block all connections thing? How do I turn it down.

post-20170-0-94794700-1387035249_thumb.j

Maybe thats what is making me have the s and it only works with the s.

Go with Ipconfig /release then ipconfig /renew then ipnconfig /flushdns

None of all the above work I still need that darn s lol.

Maybe thats what is making me have the s and it only works with the s.

Huh, I guess if you dare, you could completely disable the windows firewall for a moment and see if that helps?

Maybe that block all connections thing? How do I turn it down.

That shouldn't be the case because that is windows firewall but hay try. on the left hand side it says "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" Then change all of them to turn off windows firewall ( this is just to see, you must leave it like this) 

I dont think that is the case. Have you tested going on a website with http on IE?

Huh, I guess if you dare, you could completely disable the windows firewall for a moment and see if that helps?

That shouldn't be the case because that is windows firewall but hay try. on the left hand side it says "Turn Windows Firewall on or off" Then change all of them to turn off windows firewall ( this is just to see, you must leave it like this) 

Im gonna turn off the firewall for a sec and try google. Wish me luck.

I dont think that is the case. Have you tested going on a website with http on IE?

Yes I still need the s in http and is referring to internet explorer or?

Nah turning firewall off didnt make any difference.