only 2 websites work? wireless problem.

Go to solution Solved by Guest Kefuren,

Ive got free avast that has no firewall and looks like either does kesperskye. The only one on is the microsoft one and I tried turning that one off It did nothing.

Have you tried disabling both the firewall(s) and the antiviruses at the same time? Seems unlikely to me to be caused by that, but it's worth a shot.

So im using that wireless combo card that comes with the maximus vi formula and its connected but its not working. As in google in google chrome says no data recieved but hotmail and facebook work but nothing else.whats wrong. Same with steam and everything else. Nothings downloading. Help please. Thanks.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Virus?

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Are you sure Hotmail and Facebook are working? Could be cached data. Does the page refresh with new content?

As far as it being a virus infection; it is possible but how weird would it be that a virus would effect all but FB and HM?

Pull up a command prompt (hold windows key + the r key, type cmd then hit enter) and type  ping www.google.com -t in the cmd prompt that opened.

If that resolves nothing then do a ipconfig /flushdns then refresh your browser.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

Are you sure Hotmail and Facebook are working? Could be cached data. Does the page refresh with new content?

As far as it being a virus infection; it is possible but how weird would it be that a virus would effect all but FB and HM?

Pull up a command prompt and do a ping www.google.com -t

If that resolves nothing then do a ipconfig /flushdns then refresh your browser.

Virus?

It cant be virus coz pcs new like 4 days and havent dled anything besides drivers. Facebook refreshes aswell. I try those things now.

In the grim darkness of the far future, there is only a GTX 1080, just a single 1080, where my glorious PC once stood....

For that is all I need, For the Emperor of Man, Jen-Hsun Huang, protects. We march for Nvidia, and we shall know no fear!

Pull up a command prompt (hold windows key + the r key, type cmd then hit enter) and type  ping www.google.com -t in the cmd prompt that opened.

Next post. Thx

Now it works forgot ping lol

post-20170-0-51055200-1386988184_thumb.j

I have no idea what or how to do those.

Ok so you are getting a ping response from Google, that is good.

CPU: i7-3930K @ 4.8GHz MOBO: IV Gene RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 1866MHz GPU: GTX 780 Ti CASE: Corsair 350D STORAGE: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256 GB, 2x WD Red 4TB
PSU
: EVGA SuperNova 650W DISPLAY: 1 x ASUS VG248QE, 3 x Dell U2414H COOLING: Corsair H100i INPUT: Corsair Vengeance K70, SteelSeries Sensei AUDIO: Sennheiser HD 280 Pro, ATH-M50s, Beredynamic DT770 Pro, Steelseries H Wireless

I have no idea what or how to do those.

The same way you did the ping command.

Windows key + R key, type cmd then hit enter. In the black command prompt box type ipconfig /release and hit enter then once that is done type ipconfig /renew and hit enter.

PSU

The same way you did the ping command.

Windows key + R key, type cmd then hit enter. In the black command prompt box type ipconfig /release and hit enter then once that is done type ipconfig /renew and hit enter.

It just came up with a whole lot of this. -photos on other post-

Your photos are sideways lol. Make it very hard to read. It looks like you have some really weird issues because you can ping Google, you have an ip address but you can't release/new your ip and nothing but Facebook and Hotmail will load. :blink:

Do you have an Ethernet cable that you can plug your computer into?

PSU

Your photos are sideways lol. Make it very hard to read.

Sorry man on my phone its straight they just get rotated for some reason.ill try taking it sideways.

Now your photos are upside down O.o

PSU

Sorry man on my phone its straight they just get rotated for some reason.ill try taking it sideways.

Wow now they are upside down lol I try the other way.

post-20170-0-26485100-1386989420_thumb.j

post-20170-0-69465800-1386989441_thumb.j

Now your photos are upside down O.o

Im try man I really am. Lol

Im try man I really am. Lol

No problem. Ok so I think you have some kind of driver issues or dns issues maybe. Are you connected to your wireless network right now? Because you show up as having a 10.X ip address but your network interfaces show up as disconnected when you try to release/renew your ip.

Try to ping www.yahoo.com -t.

PSU

Your photos are sideways lol. Make it very hard to read. It looks like you have some really weird issues because you can ping Google, you have an ip address but you can't release/new your ip and nothing but Facebook and Hotmail will load. :blink:

Do you have an Ethernet cable that you can plug your computer into?

I dont have a ethernet port in my room otherwise y would I resort to wifi. Man it sucks.

I dont have a ethernet port in my room otherwise y would I resort to wifi. Man it sucks.

I know you don't have Ethernet port in your room. But if your computer works fine on ethernet it means there is either a hardware of software issue with your wireless device.

PSU

No problem. Ok so I think you have some kind of driver issues or dns issues maybe. Are you connected to your wireless network right now? Because you show up as having a 10.X ip address but your network interfaces show up as disconnected when you try to release/renew your ip.

Try to ping www.yahoo.com -t.

post-20170-0-98976000-1386989808_thumb.j

I know you don't have Ethernet port in your room. But if your computer works fine on ethernet it means there is either a hardware of software issue with your wireless device.

Maybe if I try resetting my router?

ok in that same command prompt type

netsh winsock reset

just how I typed it.

PSU

netsh winsock reset

just how I typed it.

netsh winsock reset

just how I typed it.

I have to open as admin to do that so I have to open new one.

Start -> Accessories ->  Command prompt (right-click) run as Admin. (Might also be under Accessories -> System Tools, I moved mine).

PSU

Start -> Accessories ->  Command prompt (right-click) run as Admin. (Might also be under Accessories -> System Tools, I moved mine).

It says I have to restart my pc im doing that now.

It says I have to restart my pc im doing that now.

Running a command prompt as admin should not make your computer restart O__O

PSU