A review of the Sennheiser HD 579s.

EnergyEclipse

Hello there!

Welcome to my review on the Sennheiser HD 579s!

Introduction: 

Its that time of year were we all don't want to have to step outside into the chilly, coldness of winter. Maybe instead sit back, put the fire on and settle to listen to those records and playlists you have stored around the place - well, at least for me that is the case! When it comes to headphone, I''ll make a bold statement and say these are among some of the most under reviewed headphone I believe I have ever seen, an astonishing amount of these headphone have surfaced brand new on the market recently here in the United Kingdom for no more than £70, which in my opinion is a downright steal. 

I'm no professional reviewer, and haven't had much of an experience with headphone as I have speakers, so I apologizes if I make any mistakes or muddle something up. However these made the scene of headphone a bit more appealing to me, and below I'll tell you why, Enjoy! :D

Packaging:

Aside from an iPhone 4s, I haven't much which is adequate for taking some nice images and I'd much rather save you from the pain of a 4s's camera quality. I've taken the images from Google images, so credit to them, but my opinions are mine.

Box:

The headphone come really nicely packaged in a matte black box, which displays a cup off the headphones. On it is a small badge which states the two year warranty you'll be able to have rest of mind with, and a brave claim of "Setting the standard of home audio excellence", in a few languages all written beneath the model name 'HD 579' in awesome silver writing which reflects light well, and the statement of which I'l see if such is true later on. Aside from that, their isn't much externally.

Image result for sennheiser HD 579

Just four serial labels, and a cool feature these headphone have. When you put the detachable 3.5mm connector into earcup on the left, you can twist and lock them into place. If you're going jogging this is a nice feature which I haven't seen on quite a few other headphones.

Inside: 

These headphones come in a very much appreciated large quantities of foam which I can guarantee will protect these headphone well from even a five foot drop! Both the slide out box which the headphone are in and the outside have this foam, and the included cable is packaged in a plastic bag. You remove the headphone but simply taking out the inner box with the headphones, taking the headphone out and then the cable and 3.5mm to 6.3mm straight plug cable for the headphone out of there plastic bag. Inside you'll also get the 6.3mm the 3.5mm adapter as seen in the bottom right

The cable is of a nice rubber, which I couldn't pierce easily with the tip of my nail, a good start. Only negative here is the bulk of carrying the 6.3mm on the headphones to 3.5mm adapter, which altogether is around four inches hanging from your device, and makes it portability a bit difficult. 

Headphones themselves:

These are breathtaking headphone which have a lovely matte grey and silver look on the outside. You'll see two black Sennheiser logos on each ear cup, surrounded by a shiny black metal grille which I assume is to prevent ear fatigue. On the top there is a faux leather feeling headband, which has a massive amount of slider adjustment range for large (Very large heads in this case) heads. They have a small pivot range however on the ear cups, not much but enough to satisfy most people. These headphones can be stretched alot and seem structurally sound with no negatives to speak of, maybe just the odd color choice? Nothing was holding finger prints and the plastic is good with no creaking anywhere. Sliders are plastic.

As for them valor ear pads, my goodness. They almost feel like silk being gently pressed against your ear, their among the most comfortable headphone I've tried in quite some time. and that is wonderful having just come from a pair of SkullCandy Crushers prior to having these. As I wear them now, the headband is noticeable, but isn't obtrusive and doesn't have any points were it digs into your head. They accommodate large heads well with well tuned clamping force which means they'll take alot of force to wiggle off and just enough to not make them dig in. Overall, a solid 9/10 for comfort and if you are wanting to wear these for awhile I doubt you'll go wrong with these. Very impressed Sennheiser! :D

SOUND.

Disclaimer, I'm not very good at sound describing sound, so I would recommend taking word from others before buying based off my look on them.

The bass is of a nice amount, its present has a polite thud but has nothing obtrusive about it. It does sound a tad like how blue tooth handles bass were it is only a little little little bit muddy, but enjoyable and pleasant and I wouldn't say bass wise it was a bad experience.

I didn't find myself struggling to pin point were sounds were located whilst listening to much, as I listen to Titans by Razihel & Aerocord I can hear even the quite bomb siren in the background, which I'd never have known was there when I used my SkullCandy Crushers or Edifer e25 Luna eclipses. When I tried classical music (6-Hour Mozart Piano), I could hear everything going on with absolute zero overlaps and a very warm feel. 

Moskau 1979 had a warm tone, and bass was little and nice. The horse like clip clomping in the very start was present very quiet presently and most headphone fail to get that sort of detail, however all the sounds were on the same level, and the voices the same volume as the instruments which was a little saddening, but nothing to take from the experience. 

Overall 7.6/10 - but don't take my word for it. A crystal clear sound experience with no distortion and nice subtle bass! 

Do I recommend these headphones?

Practicality wise - 5/10. It would have been nice for a carrying case and a need for the reduction of size of the connectors at the end is needed very much.

Appearance - 9/10. Maybe needs color options, but overall not any unwanted amounts of branding. You'll struggle to find fault in there construction :3

Sound - 7/10. (Read above), quite warm sound.

Accessories and customer care - 8/10. A two year warranty is always a positive, and the adapter to 3.5mm being included was good.

An absolute steal for the price and recommended strongly :D

Thank you for reading! If there is any feedback, opinions or questions you have, leave them below, have a good day! 

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again