Floatplane (annual purchase)

lieder1987

Hey guys not sure if this is somewhere else, or should be but I have a floatplane question.

Is it possible to buy Floatplane on an annual subscription? I would rather not have to account for 3 bucks a month and would rather just pay for the year up front.

Yup, bought my year for 30 (I think?)

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious

Just now, Damascus said:

Yup, bought my year for 30 (I think?)

When I went to the store I didnt have that option, any idea where it is?

1 minute ago, lieder1987 said:

When I went to the store I didnt have that option, any idea where it is?

Don't see it now, sorry.

Just now, Damascus said:

Don't see it now, sorry.

oh well, maybe when the site launches.

10 minutes ago, lieder1987 said:

oh well, maybe when the site launches.

The sites already in beta

Annual subscriptions have been removed for now because it is anticipated that the new site, with a much better back end payment system, will launch in considerably less than one year. Once the new site launches, annual subscriptions are expected to return.

1 hour ago, Damascus said:

The sites already in beta

No, the site is currently in pre-alpha because some critical features, such as payments, are not yet ready. Content creators are not treating the site as intended for public use yet (nor should they), so some videos may be only be accessible from the forum because they haven't been set up to show on that site.

That doesn't mean that you can't use it, just that (except for a small number of specific use cases) the experience will be sub-optimal because it isn't supported.

HTTP/2 203

30 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Annual subscriptions have been removed for now because it is anticipated that the new site, with a much better back end payment system, will launch in considerably less than one year. Once the new site launches, annual subscriptions are expected to return.

Awesome thanks for hte update.

5 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

No, the site is currently in pre-alpha because some critical features, such as payments, are not yet ready. Content creators are not treating the site as intended for public use yet (nor should they), so some videos may be only be accessible from the forum because they haven't been set up to show on that site.

That doesn't mean that you can't use it, just that (except for a small number of specific use cases) the experience will be sub-optimal because it isn't supported.

This is the perfect response. Word to the wise.. They have stated on multiple occasions that the price will rise when they launch.