MSI Zero Frozr not working

WIGs

Hello,

I have got MSI GTX 1060 ARMOR 6G OCV1. This card should be equipped with the Zero Frozr technology and should leave fans off in idle (until reaching 60C). I am looking for a quiet build (in light to moderate load), so this technology is essential for me. Unfortunately, I do not see a way to turn off the fans - they keep on always spinning. I have tried adjusting the fan settings in MSI Afterburner, however, even if I set the fans to 0% (by editing the fan curve, I cannot set 0% fan speed directly) the fans keep on spinning at 35%. This corresponds to 1050rpm which is quite loud in a quiet room. Do you know how to enable the Zero Frozr technology and turn off the fans when possible? (I have found mostly solution on how to disable that ;-))

[ I have also tried installing MSI Gaming App but it gives me the "The platform does not support this application." error. ]

Thank you!

• 2 years later...

Hello,

I know your post is a year old but I have bought the exact same grahics card with the exact same problem. GPU is around 30-35 degress and the fans are kicking in and running at full speed (pretty loud). I wasn;t even able to turn them off with a app like MSI Afterburner.

Did you find a solution or did you need to return the card?

Thnaks ....