Amazon.com to Europe?

Fibeus
Go to solution Solved by Ansger,

No, ordering from the US will bring fees. The UK is (still) in the European single market, so no fees would have to be added when ordering from there) 

If you order from the US  you'll first have to pay the European VAT. I think Germany has a VAT of 19% added onto the price. You'll also have to pay import fees. Off course you'll have to pay shipping and handeling. 

It is important to note tht the import fees and shipping and handeling are added to the amount on which the VAT is calculated .So you'll have to pay 19% VAT on the price + the import fees and the cost of shipping). 

There are online calculators if you want to know the exact amount it will cost you to buy the product and get it to your doorstep. 

I would like to know if I can buy from Amazon.com and have no added fees here in Europe. I purchased a pc case from Amazon.co.uk and it is showing to be shipping from Germany. Would any order be similarly handled to avoid fees? How about the parts for a complete system. 

No, ordering from the US will bring fees. The UK is (still) in the European single market, so no fees would have to be added when ordering from there) 

If you order from the US  you'll first have to pay the European VAT. I think Germany has a VAT of 19% added onto the price. You'll also have to pay import fees. Off course you'll have to pay shipping and handeling. 

It is important to note tht the import fees and shipping and handeling are added to the amount on which the VAT is calculated .So you'll have to pay 19% VAT on the price + the import fees and the cost of shipping). 

There are online calculators if you want to know the exact amount it will cost you to buy the product and get it to your doorstep. 

Theres also Amazon.de  and shipping fees are note for every product.

For me only way to get stuff for good prices what i cant find in my own country.

And Ebay is a mistery for me and i dont have or want to use unsafe paypal, so far i know

they dont have regulair payment methods i used to

1 minute ago, Highflow said:

Theres also Amazon.de  and shipping fees are note for every product.

For me only way to get stuff for good prices what i cant find in my own country.

And Ebay is a mistery for me and i dont have or want to use unsafe paypal, so far i know

they dont have regulair payment methods i used to

I don't know about e-bay i really don't like using it for safety reasons. Amazon.de has been my go-to site for ordering as well, if it's not any local store. But prices happen to be much higher than the US Amazon ones. Anyhow. It is what it is.

Prices are Higher in the US because (well also because generally stuff is cheaper there) but mostly because the VAT is not included in the listed price, making it look cheaper. Also the warranty is very limited on products from the US, which is a cost reduction for US companies. 

You can also try Amazon.es as most things are also cheaper in Spain. There will be no added fees, it will just take 1 or 2 days longer to ship to Germany.

Yup i think its cheaper in usa but after shipping tax and import you better find your stuff in europe

and also delivery is faster. The difference is the Euro and the Dollar.

For the peeps live in usa a win-win situation, than stuff would be so cheap and theres so much more

from usa ofcourse as its a bigger market than europe.

13 hours ago, Highflow said:

For the peeps live in usa a win-win situation, than stuff would be so cheap and theres so much more

from usa ofcourse as its a bigger market than europe.

Europe has a lot more population than the USA, so does the EU.

depends if its amazon.com and its from within the EU you wont pay extra, from the states is usally frigging awesome i live in england and buy from there often, my leather waist coat cost me £60 and £28 import fee and for the same quality any where in the UK your talking £180 so some times it can benefit you, speed wise from texas 5 days and from washington 4 days not had major issues yet and ranges from clothing to bike parts, there is a web site that will sort out delivery ill try and find it i was going to use them to get a samsung odyssey 

On 1/6/2018 at 7:35 PM, bertybasset said:

depends if its amazon.com and its from within the EU you wont pay extra, from the states is usally frigging awesome i live in england and buy from there often, my leather waist coat cost me £60 and £28 import fee and for the same quality any where in the UK your talking £180 so some times it can benefit you, speed wise from texas 5 days and from washington 4 days not had major issues yet and ranges from clothing to bike parts, there is a web site that will sort out delivery ill try and find it i was going to use them to get a samsung odyssey 

So do you pay the import fees when It arrives to you or do you pay everything upfront? How does this work exactly?

usally just import fee if they catch it usally just tax think on $130.00 i paid £13.00 import tax and then good old royal mail put a £15.00 handling fee on, but out of 10-15 parcels from the states i’ve only ever paid import 3 times, that will be a letter from royal mail or parcel farce, so it is a bit hit or miss if it sneaks through it’s a bonus there are various consiege services that will buy and charge you a small sum and then export it so it’s all paid up and in black and white, i’ll have a dig for the one i got recommended, but even then i’d only use that is it was a specific conutry release i.e samsung odyssey not released in europe