Use 3 phones as VR headsets

babadoctor

Can I use 3 phones i have as a cheap vr headset?

Galaxy s5 with google cardboard, and the hand controllers would be 2 other phones (do they need to be same type, e.g android or ios?)

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

I've never heard of phones being used as hand controllers -- not sure if there's an app made for that.

Galaxy S5 is too old IMO to work well for VR. You'll have a laggy experience. I'd recommend at least a galaxy S7 or SD821+

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

LOL

"I don't know what your problem is, but it seems like you don't like me. Besides, I can't put you in any mood - you put yourself into a 'mood' when you take the little things personally."

4 hours ago, RadiatingLight said:

I've never heard of phones being used as hand controllers -- not sure if there's an app made for that.

Galaxy S5 is too old IMO to work well for VR. You'll have a laggy experience. I'd recommend at least a galaxy S7 or SD821+

what about iphone 8

OFF TOPIC: I suggest every poll from now on to have "**CK EA" option instead of "Other"

6 hours ago, babadoctor said:

what about iphone 8

iPhone 8 is absolutely capable of a great mobile VR experience. it's the most powerful phone on the market at the moment.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4