What motherboard was a hard drive in?

Hi, so I have a few hard drives, all installed with Windows 7, I need to find out what motherboard was previously with which hard drive. (E.g. Hard drive A was in a system with B150M-D3H motherboard, hard drive B was in a system with H61M-S2P motherboard.) The only way I can think of is somehow accessing the drivers installed because if you have a different motherboard or a CPU, on the bottom right tray it will install new drivers for the new hardware.

Can someone advise me on how to figure this out, it would be great if I also could find out the CPU model that was in the system too.

Thanks.

I would suggest to try and boot the drive on another pc and see what chipset drivers it has installed. If it does not boot just use a Ubuntu live cd or something and backup your data onto an external drive and reinstall Windows.

Main system: Ryzen 5 1600 | ASRock A320M | 8GB 2400MHz DDR4 RAM | GTX 1060 | 1TB WD BLUE

Server: AMD A6-7400K@4.3Ghz | 8GB 1866 DDR3 RAM | 2TB total storage

On the go: Thinkpad E440 | i5 4200M | 8GB DDR3 1600MHz | 500GB HDD

Hi

Not sure if this would work, I am not and expert

1- If you connect the drive, as a 2 HD. you can use Device Manager to explore the second drive

2- Using Device Manager you can then, see what drivers, and CPU are on the drive windows install in that particular HD.

3- You would need to know what CPU are on what MB to merge then correctly.

I am not sure this will work. 

1 hour ago, potatosalad33 said:

I would suggest to try and boot the drive on another pc and see what chipset drivers it has installed. If it does not boot just use a Ubuntu live cd or something and backup your data onto an external drive and reinstall Windows.

How do I check what drivers it had installed on another PC?

1 hour ago, Zmax said:

Hi

Not sure if this would work, I am not and expert

1- If you connect the drive, as a 2 HD. you can use Device Manager to explore the second drive

2- Using Device Manager you can then, see what drivers, and CPU are on the drive windows install in that particular HD.

3- You would need to know what CPU are on what MB to merge then correctly.

I am not sure this will work. 

Not sure how to use Device Manager to explore the second drive, Device Manager only displays drivers of the OSdisk I'm booted from

Ok sorry though it could work, since the second drive as windows install also