Can someone please explain my compatibilty issue on pcpart picker also advice appreciated

jimmbraz

It's just a note that's saying when you install your M.2 drive that two of the SATA ports will be disabled. The manual will tell you which two and you can just plug the HDD into one of the non-impacted parts.

Current Network Layout:

Current Build Log/PC:

Prior Build Log/PC:

Its not hard. The m.2 slot shares PCIe lanes with 2 of the sata 6gbs ports. When you populate the m.2 slot, there are 2 sata 6gb/s ports that are disabled. The motherboard manual will tell you which 2. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, jimmbraz said:

i am using this for gaming and streaming any advice is appreciated

https://au.pcpartpicker.com/list/VQRDr7

You mean the compatability note?

You have a certain amount of SATA ports on the Motherboard. If you use the M.2 slot (which you will) some of those SATA ports will not be useable since the M.2 slot and the SATA ports share bandwith. I believe the motherboard has 6 SATA ports to connect harddrives to, when you use the M.2 slots only 4 of those SATA ports can be used. This means you can have at most 4 HDDs if you use the M.2 slot.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

The motherboard actually has two M.2 slots. Only one supports SATA drives. As the note suggests when a SATA M.2 drive is used it will share bandwidth with two of the six SATA channels.

Personally I like to reserve M.2 slots for NVMe drives. 

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

1 hour ago, rip said:

But m.2 saves you on cable management

It is one extra SATA cable to plug into the board. Hardly going to affect cable management. The SATA power cable will be needed anyway for the HDD.