Does Linustechtips need an auto notify?

DeadlyTitan
Go to solution Solved by Skiiwee29,
4 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

As the title says, do we need an auto notification whenever someone posts stuff on the threads that you are discussing? I think we do cause its hard to keep track of the threads you are interested in and without someone quoting you you'll never know when someone said something and its impossible to quote everyone just so they can get notified. 

I think we need an option where uses who need it can turn it on and others who do not want it can turn it off. 

you already have that. 1, if someone quotes you as I do here you can see it, or 2, you can follow the thread in the upper right corner where it says follow and then it will notify you of new posts in that thread like it was your own. 

As the title says, do we need an auto notification whenever someone posts stuff on the threads that you are discussing? I think we do cause its hard to keep track of the threads you are interested in and without someone quoting you you'll never know when someone said something and its impossible to quote everyone just so they can get notified. 

I think we need an option where uses who need it can turn it on and others who do not want it can turn it off. 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

4 minutes ago, DeadlyTitan said:

you already have that. 1, if someone quotes you as I do here you can see it, or 2, you can follow the thread in the upper right corner where it says follow and then it will notify you of new posts in that thread like it was your own. 

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

You mean like, following the thread?

Whenever someone posts in a thread you've followed you get a notification. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Just now, legacy99 said:

Yea but clicking follow on every thread you just posted can get tedious and sometimes you can forget. o.O

So a simple option in the settings will do good ? 

Microsoft in there infinite wisdom have decided to impose a VRAM cap for games the that use DX9 o.O. May God Bless them those whoever came up with that idea. :dry:

You're looking for something that does not, has not, will not, might not or must not exist ... ... but you're always welcome to search for it. 

1 minute ago, DeadlyTitan said:

Yea but clicking follow on every thread you just posted can get tedious and sometimes you can forget. o.O

So a simple option in the settings will do good ? 

really the only other way then would be to have some sort of note in your signature or something to make sure people quote you so you can see their reply otherwise you may not. 

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

1 minute ago, legacy99 said:

really the only other way then would be to have some sort of note in your signature or something to make sure people quote you so you can see their reply otherwise you may not. 

Yes see, this is why i am thinking we need an auto notify option in the settings

I mean sure i am a new member but i do like helping people and i would like to know how they got their problem solved but i hate to follow every thread i come across and it gets tedious. So instead it'll be really handy when we post something in someone's thread we get auto notified without needing to clicking on follow the thread (you know like any other forums?)  cause sometimes i will be multitasking and just attend the forums for a few mins to check it out and i can get lost in work and i might not remember clicking on the follow. 

1 minute ago, DeadlyTitan said:

Yes see, this is why i am thinking we need an auto notify option in the settings

I mean sure i am a new member but i do like helping people and i would like to know how they got their problem solved but i hate to follow every thread i come across and it gets tedious. So instead it'll be really handy when we post something in someone's thread we get auto notified without needing to clicking on follow the thread (you know like any other forums?)  cause sometimes i will be multitasking and just attend the forums for a few mins to check it out and i can get lost in work and i might not remember clicking on the follow. 

how would an auto notify response on a thread if your not quoted or tagged help? It would be the same as the follow function

"Black Out"

Dedicated Streaming Rig

2 hours ago, legacy99 said:

how would an auto notify response on a thread if your not quoted or tagged help? It would be the same as the follow function

Yes but maybe the thread is not interesting enough to follow but well just a ill bit interesting so you want to see the outcome of it or how it goes. 

Also like i said i might not remember to click follow on every thread i visit and am sure there are a lot of people like me and this will help them. and if someone is bothered with that, then they can simply switch it off in the options. It'll benefit either and its just for ease of access, a little handy option.  

Nvm a friend just pointed out that there are auto notifications in the notification settings. Thnx for the discussion anyway. This thread can be closed .. I feel soo stupid lol (well not the first time lol).