Logitech G402 Review [OLD but still POPULAR why?]

Hiya!
12 minutes ago, maartendc said:

Thanks for the review! You did a good job of covering what potential buyers need to know.

Good to hear it is smaller than the 502. The 502 was a little too big for me (too long, hard to get my fingers to reach the left and right buttons with my claw grip).

Thank you i did my best so i am glad that u like it ^_^

Yes its smaller and less bulkier.

Its a good mouse if u are looking for an alternative to the G502.

The new rival 600 is also a good mouse but it has it quirks.

First its the use of overkill sensor marketed having 350IPS and dual sensor to reduce the LOD to 0.5mm which is unecessary and stupid as it will gives u no benefit in real life.

Second those gimmicks adds extra cost to the mouse so its a bit overpriced around 70-80USD.

In other word u are paying more for nothing for performance.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

• 11 months later...

nice detailed review from someone who actually used the mouse more than the usual week or two review period of top reviewer.

I have some question since I'm looking at this mouse right now.

- you mentioned that the sensor in that one is a bit lacking in terms of tracking but for someone like me who use relatively high (I'd say mid) sensitivity settings not extremely low as other pros will I notice a different?

-I'm also looking at the g403 (arguably better sensor) wired but I like the look and the price of the g402 so what do you think?

1 minute ago, MightyHammer said:

nice detailed review from someone who actually used the mouse more than the usual week or two review period of top reviewer.

I have some question since I'm looking at this mouse right now.

- you mentioned that the sensor in that one is a bit lacking in terms of tracking but for someone like me who use relatively high (I'd say mid) sensitivity settings not extremely low as other pros will I notice a different?

-I'm also looking at the g403 (arguably better sensor) wired but I like the look and the price of the g402 so what do you think?

First of all..Thank you ^_^

The sensor is great..not the most accurate sensor ever, Though you probably wont be able to notice its flaws.

The only issue with the sensor is that its a bit inconsistent in slow movement. But you have to move it very very slow like you didnt even look like you're moving your mouse (but u did).

Also the sensor will spin out if you move it at around idk like more than 5M/s and a tilt slam technique meaning slamming your mouse sideways on the mousepad. Not a big issue if you didn't do those two.

Well the G403 shape/shell are loved by many and the sensor is better but if you are a casual gamer i don't think you will be able to notice the differences in performance.

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

11 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

First of all..Thank you ^_^

The sensor is great..not the most accurate sensor ever, Though you probably wont be able to notice its flaws.

The only issue with the sensor is that its a bit inconsistent in slow movement. But you have to move it very very slow like you didnt even look like you're moving your mouse (but u did).

Also the sensor will spin out if you move it at around idk like more than 5M/s and a tilt slam technique meaning slamming your mouse sideways on the mousepad. Not a big issue if you didn't do those two.

Well the G403 shape/shell are loved by many and the sensor is better but if you are a casual gamer i don't think you will be able to notice the differences in performance.

Thanks for your fast reply really appreciate it, and yes I'm a casual gamer not really looking for the most fancy sensors however I'm an editor so settings macro keys on the extra buttons on the g402 will benefit me more.

Thanks again for making up my mind.

32 minutes ago, MightyHammer said:

Thanks for your fast reply really appreciate it, and yes I'm a casual gamer not really looking for the most fancy sensors however I'm an editor so settings macro keys on the extra buttons on the g402 will benefit me more.

Thanks again for making up my mind.

Well its just a coincidence, I am online so..

If you love the shape and need more button you could go with the G602..its a wireless version of G402 with more button and slightly inferior sensor. It uses AM010 but without Gyro and accelerometer. But it should be fine for you.

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

It might be popular because it's the mouse you are shown when you walk into a retail store and ask for a gaming mouse. At least that's how it is over here.

7 hours ago, Hit_and_run_poster said:

It might be popular because it's the mouse you are shown when you walk into a retail store and ask for a gaming mouse. At least that's how it is over here.

Let me guess..you haven't read the entire thread?

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

11 hours ago, Hiya! said:

Let me guess..you haven't read the entire thread?

heck no, why would anyone want to read your posts?

8 hours ago, Hit_and_run_poster said:

heck no, why would anyone want to read your posts?

You're right..its for smart individuals..

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

• 1 year later...
On 1/4/2018 at 6:30 AM, Hiya! said:

-No infinite scroll wheel but its not a big deal

@Hiya! Pardon me for my ignorance but what's an infinite scroll wheel?