Cable Sleeving Brands?

What brands do you guys recommend for custom cable sleeving?

The only one I know of at the moment is para-cord but wanted to see if you guys have had better experience or any quality brands that you can recommend. 

Thanks in advance!

Just now, Khris said:

The only one I know of at the moment is para-cord but wanted to see if you guys have had better experience or any quality brands that you can recommend. 

Thanks in advance!

If your looking for sleeving material to do it yourself MDPC-X is one of the best as it gets, places like Mainframe Customs and Mod-One carry their supplies. 

Paracord isn't really a cable sleeving brand, it has an entirely different intended purpose, it just happens to be the right size for use as cable sleeving. I personally like using Paracord because it's cheap to buy in long lengths and there's a ridiculous amount of different colours and patterns. I would definitely advise not buying it from somewhere that adversities it as "cable sleeving" as you'll end up paying a lot more. Buy it from a camping or outdoor activity type store and you'll get more for your money.

As the name suggested, it's actually parachute cord, intended to be used for parachutes. I believe the most common paracord (paracord 550) can support 550lbs of weight. Now days it's used for a massive variety of things. It's often used in the military, so much that there are military specifications for it like MIL-C-5040H.

As for actual purpose made cable sleeving, MDPC-X is the main one, though you'll find basically the same thing under different names (like CableMod's ModMesh). It's more plasticy than paracord, but to some extent can be easier to work with as it doesn't snag on sharp bits as much as paracord does. 

Thanks guys! MDPC-X does seem to have high quality materials. I will check them out, this helped a lot :-)

16 hours ago, W-L said:

If your looking for sleeving material to do it yourself MDPC-X is one of the best as it gets, places like Mainframe Customs and Mod-One carry their supplies. 

MFC does not carry MDPC-X. They carry teleios which is Chinese brand sleeving. Mod-One is the only US supplier of MDPC-X.

15 hours ago, Oshino Shinobu said:

Paracord isn't really a cable sleeving brand, it has an entirely different intended purpose, it just happens to be the right size for use as cable sleeving. I personally like using Paracord because it's cheap to buy in long lengths and there's a ridiculous amount of different colours and patterns. I would definitely advise not buying it from somewhere that adversities it as "cable sleeving" as you'll end up paying a lot more. Buy it from a camping or outdoor activity type store and you'll get more for your money.

As the name suggested, it's actually parachute cord, intended to be used for parachutes. I believe the most common paracord (paracord 550) can support 550lbs of weight. Now days it's used for a massive variety of things. It's often used in the military, so much that there are military specifications for it like MIL-C-5040H.

As for actual purpose made cable sleeving, MDPC-X is the main one, though you'll find basically the same thing under different names (like CableMod's ModMesh). It's more plasticy than paracord, but to some extent can be easier to work with as it doesn't snag on sharp bits as much as paracord does. 

Paracord also requires a threader, it will be a bit trickier to get the wire/terminal through the cord. There also two types of Paracord 550 cord and cordless. One just has internal strings inside of it expanding the cord to max. The other has not been stretched out. MainFrame Sells cordless, It's one of the few places that actually sells quality Cordless.

9qe3Ycwl.jpg

Paracord Titan is best brand around currently, you can find it easily on Amazon.

Cablemod is no where near MDPC-X quality.

-----

I have sleeved allot of cables over the year and PET(MDPC-X is still my preferred type of sleeving. I use paracord only when I need to create much smaller OD cables.

MDPC-X has introduced there new XTC series, I still prefer the old classic series. Even MDPC-X heatshrink is better then most other companies heatshrink.

a warning avoid teleios sleeving. I just had to many problems with it, there been times the same colors would be two different shades, other times the size of the sleeving were different making it nearly impossible to get wiring through the sleeving.

------

Here is my Cable using MDPC-X Black

918ILpnl.jpg

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon

4 hours ago, Revan654 said:

MFC does not carry MDPC-X. They carry teleios which is Chinese brand sleeving. Mod-One is the only US supplier of MDPC-X.

Paracord also requires a threader, it will be a bit trickier to get the wire/terminal through the cord. There also two types of Paracord 550 cord and cordless. One just has internal strings inside of it expanding the cord to max. The other has not been stretched out. MainFrame Sells cordless, It's one of the few places that actually sells quality Cordless.

9qe3Ycwl.jpg

Paracord Titan is best brand around currently, you can find it easily on Amazon.

Cablemod is no where near MDPC-X quality.

-----

I have sleeved allot of cables over the year and PET(MDPC-X is still my preferred type of sleeving. I use paracord only when I need to create much smaller OD cables.

MDPC-X has introduced there new XTC series, I still prefer the old classic series. Even MDPC-X heatshrink is better then most other companies heatshrink.

a warning avoid teleios sleeving. I just had to many problems with it, there been times the same colors would be two different shades, other times the size of the sleeving were different making it nearly impossible to get wiring through the sleeving.

------

Here is my Cable using MDPC-X Black

918ILpnl.jpg

Whoa man thanks for the detailed post. That actually explains a lot! I am really leaning towards MDPC-X as well. You seem to be well versed in sleeving! I may end up bugging you for reference and such if ya don't mind :p.

Edit: OK I just realized you were doing Project Frost. I can say I am truly amazed by your craftsmanship and patience with that project! 

If you live in europe, you can go for 

20 hours ago, Khris said:

Thanks in advance!

If you live in Europe i can reccomend https://www.swiss-paracord.ch/, they sell US made paracord, their supplier manufactures for the US army. They sent me some samples, absolutely beautiful... very high quality and vibrant colors. If you live in the US maybe you can ask for their suppliers name.

You will have to remove the core tho.

It is defo a bit more complicated than just order from other websites that got mentioned previously, but imo it is woth it. I will defo use them to sleeve my cables.

I am kinda biased against cable sleeving brands, they make too much marketing mumbo-jumbo, buy stuff from off-shore suppliers and then claim that it's their invention. Not to mention how overpriced and overhyped they are.

2 hours ago, Chiru said:

I am kinda biased against cable sleeving brands, they make too much marketing mumbo-jumbo, buy stuff from off-shore suppliers and then claim that it's their invention. Not to mention how overpriced and overhyped they are.

MDPC-X is made in-house.

3 hours ago, Khris said:

Whoa man thanks for the detailed post. That actually explains a lot! I am really leaning towards MDPC-X as well. You seem to be well versed in sleeving! I may end up bugging you for reference and such if ya don't mind :p.

Edit: OK I just realized you were doing Project Frost. I can say I am truly amazed by your craftsmanship and patience with that project! 

Thanks,

MDPC-X is in an entire different league then everyone else.

Current Build: Project Frost
Gaming Rig Build: Project Ice Dragon