Personal opinions on RGB....

Fessas
13 hours ago, Name Taken said:

So you do care about RGB? What do you care about it?

"Couldn't care less" would be the appropriate phrase.

"Could care less" means you still have some care about it. "Couldn't care less" means you don't have any care for it.

You knew what he meant

qυoтe мe pleaѕe!

Me at the Apple store: "So how fast is this little macbook?"

Apple employee: "Cheetah Fast. Lightning Fast. It's Really, really, fast."

I don't like it, but I kinda want it anyways

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

It's cool for like a week, but then anything more complicated than a solid color that doesn't change frequently can get annoying/distracting.

Like I used to have a raining effect on my keyboard coupled with that cool "explosion" thing after each keypress. But then I just converted the entire setup to white with a blue Windows Lock. Not really missing the setup I had.

Edited by M.Yurizaki
Negatives are fun.

All of my previous builds have been in solid cases except for my latest, but the window is in an inconsequential area that you would have to go out of your way to view. Nothing that I have had in the computer had LEDs except for POST codes.

My current kb & mouse have it but with very muted colors.

What I'm thinking for my next major build will be more of a display piece so some lighting will be in it.

3 hours ago, Damascus said:

Freaking hate this, seeing someone with an i5 and 1070 going full custom loop...

Honestly I shouldn't be talking though - I'm about to use a $400ish loop and $150-200ish case to cool a 6800k and 980 ti.  I could have easily bought a 1080 ti with what I've spent on wc components and the 980 ti.

Though I do see custom loops in a different way than most people, my investment in the loop should keep me running smooth for the next 3 or 4 years at least.

Honestly nothing wrong with your build, in fact I plan on water cooling my build once I get a 8 core ryzen processor(since my H60 is more than enough for my R5 1400) and I'm just gonna use the EK kit with the universal Pascal GPU block since it's gonna be my first time doing a custom loop. 

I like it, and if I didn't I would just turn it off. If the price is not that much higher I will always get the RGB version.

1 hour ago, M.Yurizaki said:

It's cool for like a week, but then anything more complicated than a solid color that doesn't change frequently can get annoying/distracting.

Like I used to have a raining effect on my keyboard coupled with that cool "explosion" thing after each keypress. But then I just converted the entire setup to white with a blue Windows Lock. Not really missing the setup I had.

That actually sounds like a pretty cool idea, I may try a more simplistic look with my lighting effects. The more posts I read about them, the more I want to give it a shot.

59 minutes ago, luigi90210 said:

Honestly nothing wrong with your build, in fact I plan on water cooling my build once I get a 8 core ryzen processor(since my H60 is more than enough for my R5 1400) and I'm just gonna use the EK kit with the universal Pascal GPU block since it's gonna be my first time doing a custom loop. 

I've watercooled less than that. I just enjoy watercooling as a project, plus if you buy a kit (like the one from EK) then you will have most of the hardware you need for another loop in the future too. Just because an individual does not have type of the line hardware does not mean they for some reason are no longer allowed to watercool that build. Although people would typically rather upgrade their hardware first, I don't see anything wrong watercooling a budget system, if that's what an individual enjoys doing.

47 minutes ago, Inkz said:

I like it, and if I didn't I would just turn it off. If the price is not that much higher I will always get the RGB version.

I'm not even familiar with a price comparison between two iterations of hardware who's only difference is RGB lighting.  

1 minute ago, Doomerson said:

I'm not even familiar with a price comparison between two iterations of hardware who's only difference is RGB lighting.  

A great example of this is the Logitech Proteus Core and Spectrum. Exactly the same spec but the RGB version came out a year or so later.

15 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

13 minutes ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

A great example of this is the Logitech Proteus Core and Spectrum. Exactly the same spec but the RGB version came out a year or so later.

I was going to use this example exactly, since I actually have both. They are the same thing, but one costs like 10-20$ more with RGB. Worth it to me, but not everyone.

I do not mind RGB but my laptop is red and I like to keep to a theme. I would rather have red, orange or yellow accessories for it. Blue would also be nice and the complementary color for red is green and some say cyan so I would not mind that either. RGB is a nice feature if its available but I will not pay more for something that is RGB I would rather just get what I can and save money for important things. If it has an RGB feature that is included like lights on a headset I may use them. 

9 minutes ago, Inkz said:

I was going to use this example exactly, since I actually have both. They are the same thing, but one costs like 10-20$ more with RGB. Worth it to me, but not everyone.

The original G502 Core was dropped $20 when the Spectrum came out.

Cor Caeruleus Reborn v6

Spoiler

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700K

CPU Cooler: be quiet! - PURE ROCK 
Thermal Compound: Arctic Silver - 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5g Thermal Paste 
Motherboard: ASRock Z370 Extreme4
Memory: G.Skill TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200/14
Storage: Samsung - 850 EVO-Series 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive 
Storage: Samsung - 960 EVO 500GB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Storage: Western Digital - Blue 2TB 3.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive
Storage: Western Digital - BLACK SERIES 3TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive
Video Card: EVGA - 970 SSC ACX (1080 is in RMA)
Case: Fractal Design - Define R5 w/Window (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA P2 750W with CableMod blue/black Pro Series
Optical Drive: LG - WH16NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer 
Operating System: Microsoft - Windows 10 Pro OEM 64-bit and Linux Mint Serena
Keyboard: Logitech - G910 Orion Spectrum RGB Wired Gaming Keyboard
Mouse: Logitech - G502 Wired Optical Mouse
Headphones: Logitech - G430 7.1 Channel  Headset
Speakers: Logitech - Z506 155W 5.1ch Speakers

imo, aesthetic RGB is fine; I have a Hue+ in my personal build, and it's amazing to be able to choose any colour or effect for my PC if I ever feel like switching up my colour scheme. 

RGB on graphics cards is fine, as long as it's tasteful (imo, the Strix cards do this well).

anything else is pretty unnecessary, save the Asus Rampage Extreme VI, because that just looks incredible.

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

38 minutes ago, Doomerson said:

I've watercooled less than that. I just enjoy watercooling as a project, plus if you buy a kit (like the one from EK) then you will have most of the hardware you need for another loop in the future too. Just because an individual does not have type of the line hardware does not mean they for some reason are no longer allowed to watercool that build. Although people would typically rather upgrade their hardware first, I don't see anything wrong watercooling a budget system, if that's what an individual enjoys doing.

you're right, nothing wrong wtih water cooling a budget build, but when i hear people talking at the local computer store about how they couldnt get the processor they wanted because they just had to custom water cool the system, i cringe a little inside. like water cooling is something you can do after the fact, get the stuff you want now then water cool later is how i look at it

I freaking love RGB. I need as much of it as possible, so I can turn everything the same static green color.... I like having lights in my case, but don't use RGB for anything other than the G part.

14 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

2018 will be great for RGB, adressable LED are already implemented in the high end board designs. This year everything feature adressable LED in the budget line? 

I find they're best under the dress up pieces you see on motherboards...I think they'd be a little odd on budget boards. I'd like to see them put shields over the I/O and such before adding lights :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Monitor: LG 29WK500 Mouse: G.Skill MX780 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

7 hours ago, Doomerson said:

I was just thinking about that too. Once a software has already been established, I don't see why it wouldn't be used for multiple iterations of a piece of hardware.

Oh they totally wouldn't...and honestly if they are making different programs for each model they're doing it wrong :P

CPU: Ryzen 9 5900 Cooler: EVGA CLC280 Motherboard: Gigabyte B550i Pro AX RAM: Kingston Hyper X 32GB 3200mhz

Storage: WD 750 SE 500GB, WD 730 SE 1TB GPU: EVGA RTX 3070 Ti PSU: Corsair SF750 Case: Streacom DA2

Monitor: LG 27GL83B Mouse: Razer Basilisk V2 Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red Speakers: Mackie CR5BT

MiniPC - Sold for $100 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i3 4160 Cooler: Integrated Motherboard: Integrated

RAM: G.Skill RipJaws 16GB DDR3 Storage: Transcend MSA370 128GB GPU: Intel 4400 Graphics

PSU: Integrated Case: Shuttle XPC Slim

Budget Rig 1 - Sold For $750 Profit

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 7600k Cooler: CryOrig H7 Motherboard: MSI Z270 M5

RAM: Crucial LPX 16GB DDR4 Storage: Intel S3510 800GB GPU: Nvidia GTX 980

PSU: Corsair CX650M Case: EVGA DG73

OG Gaming Rig - Gone

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5 4690k Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 Motherboard: MSI Z97i AC ITX

RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB DDR3 Storage: Kingston Fury 240GB GPU: Asus Strix GTX 970

PSU: Thermaltake TR2 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX

Monitor: Dell P2214H x2 Mouse: Logitech MX Master Keyboard: G.Skill KM780 Cherry MX Red

I dont like RGB because I just want white light and most RGB LEDs doesn't get completely white, they are often blueish white. I want white.

“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”

-Stephen Hawking

4 hours ago, Tiberiusisgame said:

They go for the same exact price. 
according to this video at least 

4 hours ago, GhostQuartz said:

I do not mind RGB but my laptop is red and I like to keep to a theme. I would rather have red, orange or yellow accessories for it. Blue would also be nice and the complementary color for red is green and some say cyan so I would not mind that either. RGB is a nice feature if its available but I will not pay more for something that is RGB I would rather just get what I can and save money for important things. If it has an RGB feature that is included like lights on a headset I may use them. 

It's just that, that I don't think things are often more expensive due to RGB implementation, it would make sense if they were, but I am just not really seeing any examples.

2 hours ago, Ryujin2003 said:

I freaking love RGB. I need as much of it as possible, so I can turn everything the same static green color.... I like having lights in my case, but don't use RGB for anything other than the G part.

That's a pretty good use case for RGB, there are certain colors that are really hard to get, or impossible without RGB lighting, Plus you always have the option to change the colors.

2 hours ago, dizmo said:

Oh they totally wouldn't...and honestly if they are making different programs for each model they're doing it wrong :P

I don't know much about software development, but from the little bit I do know about programming, it would seem silly to constantly make new iterations.