Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fessas

Personal opinions on RGB....

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

It’s a really bright room, at night they look better.

OK I will wait for night to come.

15 minutes ago, Oalei said:

OK I will wait for night to come.

My mom warned me about sending photos to randos on the internet.

B2A591D8-046C-4E58-8F6F-9DED80472F7C.jpeg

1 hour ago, Sorenson said:

My mom warned me about sending photos to randos on the internet.

B2A591D8-046C-4E58-8F6F-9DED80472F7C.jpeg

Looked dope. 

Well I don't listen to my mom anymore.

I don't like lights in general. I don't want shit shining in my face as I try to play games or do shit. Graphic card is RGB because everything is these days, but it's hidden inside an all black case. For which I had to paint POWER and HDD LED on the front coz it made my whole room a disco floor at night...

i wouldnt pay anything for RGB, if a product happens to have it il probably turn off that godawful unicorn vomit. the only rgb thing i have atm is my mouse which is just set to red which i dont even see because its covered by my hand at all times its on. RGB pretty much always has awful yellows so there is no place for it in my life atm

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally)...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

16 hours ago, Dan Castellaneta said:

I'm at a little over 3530 hours, been playing since mid-2014.

Here lies Jimmy, owner of the worlds largest collection of virtual hats.

1 minute ago, NineEyeRon said:

Here lies Jimmy, owner of the worlds largest collection of virtual hats.

nah trust me I probably had the world's largest collection of noncraftable solemn vows but not much else

Volume / Normalized 100% / 98% (content loudness 0.2dB)

Local VHS collector and video capture amateur. PM me for any questions concerning VHS recording if interested.

@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie | Jake x Tyler :^

RGB is one of those things were in small amounts, it can make things look sharp, but can be easily overdone. My standard for where that overdone line is varies. Sometimes I'll have all of the pretty colors, sometimes I turn off everything except the case LEDs and leave those plain white.

The constantly rotating bright colors, though, just give me a headache.

I'm pretty sure my purpose in life is to serve as a warning for others.

7 hours ago, RejZoR said:

I don't like lights in general. I don't want shit shining in my face as I try to play games or do shit. Graphic card is RGB because everything is these days, but it's hidden inside an all black case. For which I had to paint POWER and HDD LED on the front coz it made my whole room a disco floor at night...

Could you not just unplug the power led & hdd led cables from the front panel connectors, or am I misunderstanding what you are meaning here?

2 minutes ago, IntMD said:

Could you not just unplug the power led & hdd led cables from the front panel connectors, or am I misunderstanding what you are meaning here?

I still want to see the status of the system (especially since it's so quiet you often have to look at the lights to know if it's even on), just not at 1200 lumens...

Just now, RejZoR said:

I still want to see the status of the system (especially since it's so quiet you often have to look at the lights to know if it's even on), just not at 1200 lumens...

haha, fair enough, when you said you'd painted them, thought you meant literally blacking them out.

Just now, IntMD said:

haha, fair enough, when you said you'd painted them, thought you meant literally blacking them out.

Nah, just top of the LEDs, because they were projecting a literal beam of light across the room on to the closets on the opposite end. Imagine the disco of HDD LED blinking like mad because of system activity. After painting the top of LED, I can still see a faint light if I look at it, but doesn't project the light all over the room. It's the usual trick I use to "silence" the LED lights.

1 minute ago, RejZoR said:

Nah, just top of the LEDs, because they were projecting a literal beam of light across the room on to the closets on the opposite end. Imagine the disco of HDD LED blinking like mad because of system activity. After painting the top of LED, I can still see a faint light if I look at it, but doesn't project the light all over the room. It's the usual trick I use to "silence" the LED lights.

Yup, I know what you mean, my MB has the worlds brightest single white LED that is only on when the system is powered off, but still plugged in, unless I remember to disable it everytime I'm messing about and reset the CMOS for something or other and it shines directly at my bed from the angle of where the PC is. There is absolutely no reason for that LED to exist.

Minimal RGB is preferable in my case, if it looks aesthetically pleasing I'll use it but if its all in your face and look at me RGB I hate it. subtlety is key.

I like RGB on my keyboard... it's all one color but the option to color code different keys individually for certain games and keybinds is a plus.

Personally I don't mind it on the whole. Done tastefully it can be nice. Like in my PC I only have Trident Z RGB RAM. The only other RGB things I have are my keyboard, which I usually leave on a slightly turquoise electric blue and my mouse which has been the orange SteelSeries backlight since the day I got it and I probably won't bother changing it. Too much RGB can be annoying like I'd never own one of the rave machines Linus has built on that channel in the past but I think a little is good and my computer has turned heads more in my dorm room when I have people over since I added it.

|| CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 (@3.9GHz) || Motherboard: ASUS Prime B350 Plus || Cooler: Arctic Freezer 33 eSports Edition || GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 SC || Memory: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB C16 (@2933MHz) || SSD: SanDisk 128GB || HDD: WD Blue 2TB, Toshiba 2TB, Transcend 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM550x || Case: Fractal Design Focus G || Monitor: 2x AOC 23” I2369VM IPS Full HD || Mouse: SteelSeries Rival 100 || Keyboard: Cooler Master MK750 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) || Speakers: Dell Stereo Speakers || Headphones: Sennheiser HD 4.40 BT || Headset: SteelSeries Siberia 200 ||

On 5/21/2019 at 10:56 PM, Sil3nt1 said:

I leave my PC on 24/7 and seems like it would annoy me more then look cool..

I never be a fan of RGB, I prefer plain white lighting.

I have a Phanteks DRGB Starter Kit installed inside my PC but ended up never be turned on after a few weeks it's turned on of the installation.

In the end I found myself that I dont like any lighting inside a PC except hardware function indicator lights.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

You tell me.

20190522_182053.thumb.jpg.8aed3dfe080f69f5df3812085aa30caf.jpg

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

I like RGB, but I don't understand the craze for and against it. People are like RGB is the future, RGB! RGB! and then people are also like rgb is bad and whatnot.

RGB is a thing to spice up a build and make it look cool(not saying that there aren't ways to make a build look cool without RGB) but I wouldn't go hard for it

Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U Wii-U *insert firetruck picture* :) 

Alienware 15r3: I7 6700HQ, 16 GB DDR4-2400 RAM, GTX 1070, 120GB SSD + 1TB HHD

On 5/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, Rhianwen said:

I never cared about pretty lights, my computer is like a Soviet car, ugly as crap and missing some nice-to-haves, but perfectly handles almost everything I throw at it.

So like that Trabant that Doug DeMuro Reviewed sometime back...

Nah I just like my pcs like they're something bought off a shelf or found in the offices of an office complex.

a Moo Floof will solve all the world’s problems, buy a moo floof today.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Tyler :x 89ever :x
Volume / Normalized  100% / 89% (content loudness 1.0dB)

I don't like flashy RGB. My AIO is just white, and my case has one thin line at the front.

Flashy is just distracting.

Main Rig: Ryzen 7 2700 | T-Force 32GB 3000mhZ | Corsair Carbide SPEC-06 Case | Corsair H100x AIO | Corsair CX750M PSU | AMD Radeon RX590 GPU

Storage Server: Lenovo ThinkCentre M73 Mini PC | i3 4130T 2.90Ghz | 4GB SoDIMM | 500GB WD Blue Internal | 6TB Seagate External | 1TB Seagate External | OS: Openmediavault

Being kind costs nothing. Make the world a better place!

My PC is a work station and not a video arcade machine.😁  I have a Fractal Design Define case without a window as I have no need to see the insides and the side that is usually windowed faces a wall.  I guess most MoBos have some sort of RGB these days so when time comes to update, I'll probably have a minimal amount of RGB.  I would not spend money for other RGB components.

EDIT:  workstation is also running 24/7

You guys are going to hate my pc when it's finished... 

CPU - Ryzen 5 2600 / Motherboard - MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC / RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 4x8GB @ 3200MHz / GPU - Saphire Nitro+ Vega 64 / PSU - Corsair RMx750 / Storage - 500gb Samsung 860 Evo SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda / Case - Phanteks P600s / Monitor - Samsung 32" CJG5 1440P 144Hz Keyboard - Razer Ornata / Mouse - Razer Naga Trinity / Headphones - HyperX Cloud 2 (PC) Airpods (Phone) / Speakers - Logitech Z337 / Phone - OnePlus 7T Pro

Eh, having RGB LEDs isn't something that would be super important for me in a computer, and I'm neither against nor for having tons of RGB parts. The only part in my system that has RGB LEDs is my graphics card, and even then it's on the more subtle side so it's really just something nice to look at.

Futura:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 - 3.8GHz @ 1.3V  GPUGigabyte RX 570

Mobo: ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 HDD: WD Blue 2TB 5400rpm

SSD: HP M700 120GB RAM: 16GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200MHz C16 @ 1.35V 

Cooler: Cryorig H7 Case: In Win 101 (Black) PSU: Corsair CX450

Infinity (Upgraded Dell XPS 410):

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 GPU: EVGA Geforce 750 Ti SC

RAM: 8GB Corsair DDR2 800MHz HDD: WD Caviar Blue 320GB

PSU: Corsair CX450

Car: 

2004 Toyota Corolla

Engine: 1ZZ-FE, 140HP Transmission: C59 5spd Manual