Find results in...
DoctorWho1975

More Intel leaks.. this one is not good though

W-L

Please don't bump or necro old threads. 

-Cleared/Locked-

Message added by W-L

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

So, news recently surfaced that seemed pertinent, but not enough to justify a whole new thread (despite the derailments).  It seems major OEM partners of Intel were informed of the vulnerabilities on November 29th.  Of particular curiosity, that just happens to be the same day Krzanich - the CEO of Intel - sold all but the requisite 250k of his shares in the company.

Does it mean anything?  Perhaps not, but is interesting timing.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/25/intel_spectre_disclosed_flaws_november/

I think a weeks notice that their customer support lines are about to get hammered with questions about meltdown and spectre is probably a decent move.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I think a weeks notice that their customer support lines are about to get hammered with questions about meltdown and spectre is probably a decent move.

The list of companies that knew about this for quite some time is fairly large from what I've seen, not uncommon though.

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

You won't get any argument from me.  Though it was more like a month. :P 

month/week  could be a day for all I know.

QuicK and DirtY. Read the CoC it's like a guide on how not to be moron.  Also I don't have an issue with the VS series.

Sometimes I miss contractions like n't on the end of words like wouldn't, couldn't and shouldn't.    Please don't be a dick,  make allowances when reading my posts.