More Intel leaks.. this one is not good though

Message added by W-L

Please don't bump or necro old threads. 

-Cleared/Locked-

35 minutes ago, Drak3 said:

There's not really any reason to switch to AMD as a responce to this, especially since something as/more sinister could be lurking in AMD's processors that hasn't been discovered yet.

There is... Spiders. Spiders and snakes.

Just now, Methos said:

Spiders

Great song by System of a Down.

Just now, Methos said:

Spiders and snakes.

I'm petitioning this to be the name of the catastrophic security flaw in AMD processors when it gets discovered in 20 years.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

And look what I've found in the dirt.

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Something is wrong with this world.

Fierce Bloody Angel

The blood is on your hands

Why did you come to this world?

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

The blood is on your hands.

The blood is on your hands!

Pyo.

Just now, Drak3 said:

I'm petitioning this to be the name of the catastrophic security flaw in AMD processors when it gets discovered in 20 years.

I second the motion.

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Is that my queue to derail this thread into oblivion?

I doubt it, unless Intel or AMD push another Bulldozer, or become second sources for IBM's POWER arch.

The realistic impact of the meltdown fix is basically zero for most users, and so far, the worse version of Spectre requires physical access to really exploit. There's not really any reason to switch to AMD as a responce to this, especially since something as/more sinister could be lurking in AMD's processors that hasn't been discovered yet.

Well, Intel's Core i7-8700K already hits 4.8 GHz on Turbo right out of the box, I needn't think it would be a stretch to touch 5 GHz, that is, unless Intel debuts a new node shrink and can't reach as high clock speeds.

Speaking of AMD, I hadn't heard much from them lately.

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

1 hour ago, IgnorantBastrd said:

I really don't like the way Intel has handled this whole situation.  If I had the money, I'd switch to an AMD rig.  At least they're getting on their shit, and their product line is nowhere near as ridiculous as Intels has become.

it's almost like you didn't read the thread. i guess your name is accurate then?

🌲🌲🌲

◒ ◒ 

1 hour ago, Drak3 said:

Great song by System of a Down.

And I am going to link back to this post in 20 years pointing out we've known about this for 20 years and what did they do?  They sat on their Zen loaded ass's racking in the $$$ while hiding the fact it was compromised the whole time. THEY ARE CORRUPT..  INSIDER TRADING!!!  CON!!!  SUE SUE.  

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

4 minutes ago, mr moose said:

And I am going to link back to this post in 20 years pointing out we've known about this for 20 years and what did they do?  They sat on their Zen loaded ass's racking in the $$$ while hiding the fact it was compromised the whole time. THEY ARE CORRUPT..  INSIDER TRADING!!!  CON!!!  SUE SUE.  

Just cut to the chase and sue them now. What for? Minor details, just sue em.

6 minutes ago, leadeater said:

Just cut to the chase and sue them now. What for? Minor details, just sue em.

Well, if this last round of litigation is anything to go of you don't need evidence to sue,  it might help the case but it certainly isn't necessary.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

9 hours ago, Drak3 said:

especially since something as/more sinister could be lurking in AMD's processors that hasn't been discovered yet.

Come on we all knew that that "something" is you ;p

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

36 minutes ago, Hiya! said:

Come on we all knew that that "something" is you ;p

I'm not that sinister...

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

3 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

You mean this isn't you?

mister-sinister-183973.jpg

Nah. That's not me.

Spoiler

Hat_Kid_Controls.png.aea04804b8af859ec498e709621b33a1.png

Kappa.

Come Bloody Angel

Break off your chains

Pale battered body

Seems she was struggling

Fierce Bloody Angel

Everybody turns to dust.

Everybody turns to dust.

Pyo.

So, news recently surfaced that seemed pertinent, but not enough to justify a whole new thread (despite the derailments).  It seems major OEM partners of Intel were informed of the vulnerabilities on November 29th.  Of particular curiosity, that just happens to be the same day Krzanich - the CEO of Intel - sold all but the requisite 250k of his shares in the company.

Does it mean anything?  Perhaps not, but is interesting timing.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/25/intel_spectre_disclosed_flaws_november/

16 minutes ago, Jito463 said:

So, news recently surfaced that seemed pertinent, but not enough to justify a whole new thread (despite the derailments).  It seems major OEM partners of Intel were informed of the vulnerabilities on November 29th.  Of particular curiosity, that just happens to be the same day Krzanich - the CEO of Intel - sold all but the requisite 250k of his shares in the company.

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2018/01/25/intel_spectre_disclosed_flaws_november/

Nope, means absolutely nothing and anyone who thinks it means something:

1) Haven't read up even the basics of the trade Intel's CEO made.

2) Doesn't understand how stock trading for people in his position works.

Spoiler: He didn't just decide to sell it one day. These things has to be announced long beforehand, and approved by other people before the deal can take place.

Starting to get pretty sick of people trying to spin the stock trade into some conspiracy theory about insider trading.

Besides, what would the purpose of selling it on the exact same day be? Why not sell it the day before if it was some devious scheme he was trying to pull?

1 hour ago, Jito463 said:

I think a weeks notice that their customer support lines are about to get hammered with questions about meltdown and spectre is probably a decent move.

2 hours ago, mr moose said:

I think a weeks notice that their customer support lines are about to get hammered with questions about meltdown and spectre is probably a decent move.

The list of companies that knew about this for quite some time is fairly large from what I've seen, not uncommon though.

3 hours ago, mr moose said:

You won't get any argument from me.  Though it was more like a month. :P 

4 hours ago, Jito463 said:

You won't get any argument from me.  Though it was more like a month. :P 

month/week  could be a day for all I know.