Getting new phone, don't which of the 2..

LemonWAG1

So I want to go for an iPhone 5S or Samsung S4.

I got an iPhone right now and don't know if I would like the Android OS.

If I go for the S4, i'll pick a one year contract, if I go for the 5S it would be a two year...

Anyone can convince me which one to take ?

Which one is more comfortable for you? as in your hands grip on the actual phone?

Prices are related but maybe not necessary in this subject topic but you can include it.

The iPhone 5S has had a recent inaccuracy to the touch screen if I remember.

Please become a member of the Linus Tech Tips forum, keep writing smug remarks & let us love you. Peace out.

<| Project M13 & Silverstream. Other DIY projects |>

I would try them in store or if somebody you know has one try it and see how you like it. It really comes down to personally preference with most phones nowadays.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

So I want to go for an iPhone 5S or Samsung S4.

I got an iPhone right now and don't know if I would like the Android OS.

If I go for the S4, i'll pick a one year contract, if I go for the 5S it would be a two year...

Anyone can convince me which one to take ?

S4, it has a higher resolution screen and a Quadcore processor instead of a dual core. And the s4 wont break into a bavillion pieces if you drop it

Nexus 5?
Samsungs have shitty build quality and the battery can burn your house down.
As for apple, just leave it for the hipsters, and the idiots.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Which one is more comfortable for you? as in your hands grip on the actual phone?

Prices are related but maybe not necessary in this subject topic but you can include it.

The iPhone 5S has had a recent inaccuracy to the touch screen if I remember.

Prices don't really care, and my grip on both phones is fine :)

I've seen that with the inaccuracy as well.

I would try them in store or if somebody you know has one try it and see how you like it. It really comes down to personally preference with most phones nowadays.

The phone it self I do like, it's more that i'm a bit worried about the OS :(

S4, it has a higher resolution screen and a Quadcore processor instead of a dual core. And the s4 wont break into a bavillion pieces if you drop it

Thanks, I'll put a check mark by the S4.

Best thing to do is try them both in store extensively. But personally i LOVED my 23, the battery and build did leave much to desire but the rest of it made up for it. get a good case and have a car charger and an extra charger with you (if you really need to) and you should be set to go. 

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Two very different phones, I'd say go for android.

Hope your S4 doesn't catch on fire though. 

Both phones are probably the 2 best you can get currently. Both are super solid phones. 

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

Try them at the store. I would go with the S4 or another droid like a HTC one or a Nexus 5.

My rigs

Spoiler

Desktop CPU: Intel Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.4GHz cooled by a Corsair H105 | Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X79 | RAM: 32GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 SC3 Ultra Gaming | SSD: Samsung 860 EVO 1TB + Crutial M500 240GB + Samsung 840 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM + WB Black 4TB 7200RPM | Case: Fractal Design Meshify C | Mouse: Logitech G402 & MX Master | Keyboard: Poker II  MX Blue & Leopold 10-key pad Box Royals | Monitor: LG 34UB88-P | Audio: Audio-Technica ATH-M50 + FiiO E5 DAC + Rode NT-USB Mini

Laptop Lenovo Yoga 720 4k Touch

Higher resolution screen: Not a huge deal on a 4-5in display. Diminishing returns for lower performance and battery life. The 5Ss display is smaller as well to offset the lower resolution.

Quad core Processor: Look up side by sides and benchmarks. The 5S performs better. Paper Specs are not everything. Kind of like how intel processors tend to outperform AMD processors despite having "smaller" specs.

Break into a million pieces: Both will if you drop them the wrong way without a case. In the drop tests I've seen on YouTube, the 5S actually fares quite well although I wouldn't drop either device.

I would go for a nexus 5 and have no contract.

I am a happy wuffy

Higher resolution screen: Not a huge deal on a 4-5in display. Diminishing returns for lower performance and battery life. The 5Ss display is smaller as well to offset the lower resolution.

•  

Quad core Processor: Look up side by sides and benchmarks. The 5S performs better. Paper Specs are not everything. Kind of like how intel processors tend to outperform AMD processors despite having "smaller" specs.

Break into a million pieces: Both will if you drop them the wrong way without a case. In the drop tests I've seen on YouTube, the 5S actually fares quite well although I wouldn't drop either device.

The best part is that Samsung makes the processor for the 5s also the S2 and S3 backings go flying when you drop them so I'd assume the S4 will do the same.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

nexus 5?

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Samsungs have shitty build quality and the battery can burn your house down.

1) Depends which country. Samsung actually sends different phones with different build quality to the different markets. There is plenty of people complaining about the back of the american S4s (americans) flexing a whole lot while my own (bought in Norway) S4s back doesn't bend at all.

2) That was one battery :P Rude of Samsung to cover it up, but that is one out of millions.

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

S2 and S3 backings go flying when you drop them so I'd assume the S4 will do the same.

No it don't ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

nexus 5.. dont get an apple, just please dont..

RIG-Processor: Intel core i7 3770k @4.4GHz,Mobo: MSI Z77-G43,GPU:Gigabyte GTX 770, RAM:16 GB G-skill sniper f3,SSD: Corsair Force f3 240gb,HDD: Seagate baracuda 1TB,Cooler:CM Hyper 212 evo, Case: Sharkoon T28 Blue

Peripherals- Monitor: Samsung S24B300, Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow, Mouse: Razer Abyssus, Headphones: Razer Megalodon, Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Alpha, Webcam: Logitech C270,Pad:Logitech F710, Sp: Philips generic ones

#KILLEDMYWIFE #MAKEBOMBS

1) Depends which country. Samsung actually sends different phones with different build quality to the different markets. There is plenty of people complaining about the back of the american S4s (americans) flexing a whole lot while my own (bought in Norway) S4s back doesn't bend at all.

2) That was one battery :P Rude of Samsung to cover it up, but that is one out of millions.

I was just making a point, and I do now that it was just one battery, but that doesnt mean it can't happen again, or that it hasn't happened again already. One more thing, samsungs just feel cheap.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

Both phones are great I just favor the S4 more :P

How about the HTC One ?

Can anyone suggest that one ?

Yeah I definitely recommend the HTC One when coming over to the android camp. 

Its just a solidly built device that has a premium feel that most plastic androids can't compare to. The aluminum finish really gives it that "iPhone" feel. 

HTC One master race

Ryzen 9 5950x | NH-D15 | ROG STRIX X570-F | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 | MSI Ventus RTX 3080 | WD Black SN850 1TB PCIe 4 | Samsung 850 EVO + 860 EVO 1TB | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Dell S3422DWG | Dell S2721DGF | Corsair K70 RGB Keyboard | Logitech G502 Lightspeed | ATH-R70x

The iphone 5s is any day fatser that s4 even though its just dual core....its not only about the number of  cores the phone has....its all about the architecture and the frequency its running at...!

And by the way...even though i own an s3 and s4....the iphone has a better deal features..!

The iphone 5s is any day fatser that s4 even though its just dual core....its not only about the number of  cores the phone has....its all about the architecture and the frequency its running at...!

And by the way...even though i own an s3 and s4....the iphone has a better deal features..!

i...know...mr...Arun. I had a dual core processor walk all over a friends quadcore processor.

I actually just made a thread about the same thing. I was deciding between the HTC One, the S4, and the 5s. When I go to get my new phone, I decided to go with the 5s. It's very fast, looks nice, has great build quality, and fits well in my hand. 

Basically, you cannot go wrong with any one of those phones. They are all great so go with the one that you want the most and not necessarily the one that the most people recommend.