Windows 10 Glitchy, Slow loading login screen. Fix?

Hey, extremely frustrated with Windows login screen, hoping someone could help.

If I wake my PC from sleep, it'll sit at the black screen for 15 seconds, take a minute to bring up the time, and hitting enter to get the password text will freeze it for 5 minutes until it finally shows the login, or just goes back a step to the picture and the time.

My brother, it takes less time, but litrrally gets him to enter his password twice - it's beyond annoying. Especially when trying to get on the PC quick.

What I've done -, tried sfc in windows and safe mode, looked for updates, and tried windows recovery options. Apparently the OS is absolutely fine.

It's a genuine copy, and installed on a boot SSD. Everything perform flawless, except the damn login screen.

Ideas?

Ryzen 7 2700x, MSI Gaming X RX 480 8gb, Asus ROG X470 Gaming, 2x8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000, 120gb Kingston SSD (Boot) + 1TB Seagate Barracuda.

I once had an extremely slow login on my pc, turns out one hard drive was so unresponsive it slowed the whole pc down.
Maybe checking S.M.A.R.T could help? 

update windows maybe ive had issues when waking from sleep mode with performance

If you judge a fish based on its ability to climb trees it will go its whole life thinking its a failure.

I would say that it could be something wrong with an update? How long has this been happening (did it just start all of the sudden). It could also be a lot running in the background during boot. I would go to the Startup tab in Task Manager and see if there is anything that you can disable. If that doesn't change anything, there could be tasks running to login, go to task scheduler and see if there is anything running at login, that could explain how the rest of the boot up process is working normally and the login screen is having issues.

They have already tried updating windows and they are using an SSD to boot. So it wouldn't be either of those issues @Matty2048 and @AngusBrown unless his SSD is failing which wouldn't make sense because the rest of the boot up is working fine.

@Frankieanime158, this could be a number of things like as mentioned a bad update or corrupt page file, have you tried a Disk Cleanup from Windows or another system tuneup utility?...disk clean up comes with Windows, just right click your boot disk and select properties then you will see a window that pops up, there you look for the Disk Cleanup button and then another window will open, there you hit the clean up system files but make sure you check the boxes you deem necessary to clean like Windows update files and say temporary files or whatever you want cleaned, then reboot then shutdown then boot and check for any differences in boot time.

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

29 minutes ago, AngusBrown said:

I once had an extremely slow login on my pc, turns out one hard drive was so unresponsive it slowed the whole pc down.
Maybe checking S.M.A.R.T could help? 

Agree, if it's sleep or hibernation related, chances are it's probably HDD. I've had the same issues before with a failing HDD. My father in law as well, but for him, it wasn't even a drive the OS was installed on!

Could be that SSD is almost full. Hibernation file takes tons of space on SSD.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv