BIOS / System will not BOOT on new Motherboard MSI B350m gaming pro

imReziqn

Recently I bought an AMD Ryzen 3 1200, a MSI B350m Gaming Pro Motheroard and 4GB of DDR4 ballistix RAM (will get 4 more in future expensive as shit tho). I am also running an EVGA 750ti FTW edition GPU and it is connected to my small tv (not monitor) Via HDMI. I assembled everything and upon booting the system everything seems to start working but no display comes on the monitor(small tv) and the Debug led system on the motherboard tells me "Booting device is not detected or failed". What could be the problem and how may I fix it, I have already spent so much money because I was stupid and didn't realise I needed DDR4 Ram thought I could use my old RAM, hopefully I don't need to spend any more money :(.

UPDATE*********************

I am using only a 4-pin CPU connector as that's all my PSU comes with could this be the problem? I read somewhere that you need 8-pin for the ryzen CPUs but also the Debug LED that is showing is to do with the booting device, CPU seems to work when I power on the system.

**Things I have done**

-Used different sata cables

-Reset the Bios via CMOS and via battery

-Swapped around where i plugged the sata cable on the mobo

-swap ram from one slot to next

-attempted with no harddrive connected just to see if bios would come on

-checked box to see if I have an old version of Mobo where only ryzen 7 was supported (not the case)

-Swapped cables around 

-taken out unnecessary cables

**main issue**

All components like CPU AND GPU appear to start working, fans all spin, but nothing loads on monitor, keyboard doesn't turn on, bios doesn't load. All fans and lights stay lit and running until I press PSU switch to turn system off as nothing happens. Kept it on for as long as 15 - 20 mins nothing. In manual book it says the LED that is on on the debug system is for "Booting device not deteected or failed".

what are you using for a hard drive?  I see you mention SATA cables, but what are they connected to?  Are you using SATA power?  

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

what are you using for a hard drive?  I see you mention SATA cables, but what are they connected to?  Are you using SATA power?  

Just a regular hard drive 1TB, it was from my old system so has windows 10 and stuff on it, because i just upgraded ram, cpu and mobo

10 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

Try SATA 0 Port or no HDD alltogether, should just go straight into BIOS

Try without RAM to verify the MOBO detects there's no RAM (should beep infinitely)

Have you reset the BIOS? CLR-CMOS or take out the CMOS battery?

Thanks bro, I did try without HDD still the same, Also i don't know where the CLR-CMOS is on the msi b350m mobo I will try some of the recommendations now tho thx.

17 minutes ago, Alexsolo said:

There should be a jumper, if it doesn't have one use the CLR-CMOS

Ok I just tried reseting the BIOS, i firstly followed the way in the manual, then tried to turn it on still nothing and still red led shining for "Booting device not found or failed" and then i tried resetting via the battery method and still nothing.

just yesterday i have this same problem with a msi b350 tomahawk, after clearing the cmos nothing appear in the screen, so i press "supr" ( it may appear on your keyboard as "del") then a console style text appear on screen with options to select bios profiles reset settings or clear it

sorry for my bad english :S

1 minute ago, LagExpress said:

just yesterday i have this same problem with a msi b350 tomahawk, after clearing the cmos nothing appear in the screen, so i press "supr" ( it may appear on your keyboard as "del") then a console style text appear on screen with options to select bios profiles reset settings or clear it

sorry for my bad english :S

Its late at night at the moment here in uk, but tomorrow i will try, however, my keyboard usually lights up when pc turns on properly however in this situation i doubt it will work as pressing del might not do anything but i will try ty for suggestion

Ok thanks bro its looking like a return, their website sucks posted thread about this not one reply. It will be annoying having to unscrew the ryzen cpu and get new thermal paste :(

3 hours ago, imReziqn said:

Just a regular hard drive 1TB, it was from my old system so has windows 10 and stuff on it, because i just upgraded ram, cpu and mobo

You need to do a clean install. Using an HD from another system almost always causes issues. You also need to update the BIOS before installing the OS and install the latest chipset drivers from AMD, which came out a couple of weeks ago. Before doing this though, and to get into the BIOS, do a cold boot.

13 hours ago, johnukguy said:

You need to do a clean install. Using an HD from another system almost always causes issues. You also need to update the BIOS before installing the OS and install the latest chipset drivers from AMD, which came out a couple of weeks ago. Before doing this though, and to get into the BIOS, do a cold boot.

Could the problem have been the fact that I was only using a 4-pin connector to the CPU instead of an 8-pin?

3 hours ago, imReziqn said:

Could the problem have been the fact that I was only using a 4-pin connector to the CPU instead of an 8-pin?

If theres room for 8-pins then yes thats most likely the problem. If not 4 pin connector might just be too little for that cpu

''Daddy CumTits 2.0'' (pc):

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

GPU - Asus Strix 1080 8gb

RAM - 2x8gb Corsair Vengance 

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

11 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

If theres room for 8-pins then yes thats most likely the problem. If not 4 pin connector might just be too little for that cpu

Ok becuase i order a adapter instead of buying new psu, its a 4pin and 4pin molex to 8 pin hopefully it works just as good as a psu with an 8 pin because i can't spend anymore money.

4 minutes ago, imReziqn said:

Ok becuase i order a adapter instead of buying new psu, its a 4pin and 4pin molex to 8 pin hopefully it works just as good as a psu with an 8 pin because i can't spend anymore money.

no it might have enough pins but that psu is still not enough for that and even tought it might work for a bit, for the long run its better to just get cheap psu with 8 pins.
Corsairs cx series is pretty good for lower end stuff and they dont cost that much

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

3 minutes ago, Flavortown2k16 said:

no it might have enough pins but that psu is still not enough for that and even tought it might work for a bit, for the long run its better to just get cheap psu with 8 pins.
Corsairs cx series is pretty good for lower end stuff and they dont cost that much

I know but I already had to borrow money because i didn't realise my mobo only supports ddr4 and had to buy ram so i do not want to ask for more money although i really wanted to get the corsair 450W cables look really nice and has everything i need for good price but im like £140 in debt to my mum :/ 

2 minutes ago, imReziqn said:

I know but I already had to borrow money because i didn't realise my mobo only supports ddr4 and had to buy ram so i do not want to ask for more money although i really wanted to get the corsair 450W cables look really nice and has everything i need for good price but im like £140 in debt to my mum :/ 

Take the bullet dude, psu going haywire can break other components and if it only has 4 pins it isnt ment to give enough power for 8pin connector.

In the end its up to you, but those adapters are barely used and for a good reason

CPU - Intel i7 8700k

MOBO - Asus Prime Z370-p

PSU - Corsair RM750x

I wish I could get the new PSU but I can't unless you wanna fund me xD