CHEAP Korean 144Hz Gaming Monitor - Classic Unboxing

how long ago was this filmed? I ask because I feel like i've seen that PC tower in the background on several other videos recently.

@huilun02 or just don't care about adaptive refresh and push the thing to it's limits with a pair of 1080ti's, LOL.

7 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

Spending $300 on the display after getting a pair of 1080ti's, LOL.

Budget is what it is man and to be fair I WON the second one. (sad thing is I only have a 1080p 60 Hz IPS panel connected to them right now), the high performance cards where all about ramping up the supersampling on the VR headset as much as possible so I didn't really care about the monitor specs to much (plus I didn't have the first 1080ti, or ANY video card for that matter) when I got the monitor..

28 minutes ago, Most909 said:

Seems like the same product but with global shipping.

It may be global, but it doesn't ship to a lot of countries.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

6 minutes ago, Bouzoo said:

It may be global, but it doesn't ship to a lot of countries.

My bad, but at least it ships to some countries outside of america.

Good luck if that thing is still running 6-12 months down the road. Cheap monitors like these are RARELY a good deal, especially when you get a B-stock panel or electronics in it. If a $300 difference is going over your budget, then you've got bigger issues IMO. It's also always a good idea too to bust these open and find out the panel manufacturer, and maybe run a SpectraCal test.

Reputable brands will be into more than just monitors and stuff legally sold in the US by them has to meet certain standards - think about that. I once got a recommendation by a major retailer to buy a Seiki 4K monitor. I asked the guy what else do they manufacture? No answer! If the specs or price look too good to be true from some brand that you cannot even find on Google because their only contact hides behind an Alibaba listing, it's a good indicator that it's either b-stock inventory rebranded under an obscure name or they have cut massive corners on manufacturing/quality/reliability.

Be patient and wait for the brand name local SKU's to come down to the same price point. You'll get a better device/experience AND be backed by a proper warranty.

Monitors have stagnated hardcore. The Qnix QX2710 was a thing like five years ago and was cheaper than this, five years for Korean monitors to downgrade to VA and gain only 34Hz. 4K 144Hz displays can't come fast enough.

5 minutes ago, Luscious said:

Good luck if that thing is still running 6-12 months down the road...

It'll just be a Samsung or LG panel with a different name written on it just like every other Korean monitor ever made. Not much to go wrong when the only parts to a monitor are the panel (made my a reputable company), a power button, two shitty speakers and a power brick. Plenty of people bought cheap Korean monitors back in the day and they still work fine, I'm one of them and couldn't be happier with my $250 investment.

Anyone know if I could ship one out to the UK? Would it even run on 240 v mains?

Can anyone tell the actual color of the bezel and legs? It looks like a nice dark grey in the video but the pictures make it look like a shiny aluminum. 

Linus, the man that uses the buttons on the BACK of the monitor, even though it came with a REMOTE CONTROL

2 hours ago, fulminemizzega said:

@nicklmgVideo volume is lower than usual, is that intentional? Both latest WAN show and this video have a lower content loudness (youtube stats for nerds)

see, I don't think anyone else has noticed this. A couple weeks ago when Luke was hosting the wan show and turned down their volume for voice so that he could play a video and never turned it back up. I'm still stumped nobody else has mentioned it. @nicklmg 

Just now, xXxTHE LAWxXx97 (Joey T) said:

Does this monitor have mounting holes on the back? Thinking about replacing my current monitor with it.

yes he said it has vesa, but not what size, as there are more than one pattern

3 hours ago, fulminemizzega said:

@nicklmgVideo volume is lower than usual, is that intentional? Both latest WAN show and this video have a lower content loudness (youtube stats for nerds)

Yeah I noticed this too, The sound was really inconsistent on this video, to my ears at least.  @nicklmg

seems cool, but I don't have a computer or 300 dollars lol

Ex frequent user here, still check in here occasionally. I stopped being a weeb in 2018 lol

For a reply please quote or  @Eduard the weeb me :D

Xayah Main in Lol, trying to learn Drums and guitar. Know how to film do photography, can do basic video editing

8 hours ago, ShadyBeings said:

Soooo, about those rumors that you can use FreeSync with NVidia?

You can it is called Fast Sync lol... for real though Fast Sync works better than FreeSync if it is 60hz... for 144hz though it becomes troublesome since it works differently (requires fps to be above refresh rate instead).

Personal Desktop":

CPU: Intel Core i7 10700K @5ghz |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock Pro 4 |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Z490UD ATX|~| RAM: 16gb DDR4 3333mhzCL16 G.Skill Trident Z |~| GPU: RX 6900XT Sapphire Nitro+ |~| PSU: Corsair TX650M 80Plus Gold |~| Boot:  SSD WD Green M.2 2280 240GB |~| Storage: 1x3TB HDD 7200rpm Seagate Barracuda + SanDisk Ultra 3D 1TB |~| Case: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini |~| Display: Toshiba UL7A 4K/60hz |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro.

Luna, the temporary Desktop:

CPU: AMD R9 7950XT  |~| Cooling: bq! Dark Rock 4 Pro |~| MOBO: Gigabyte Aorus Master |~| RAM: 32G Kingston HyperX |~| GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900XTX (Reference) |~| PSU: Corsair HX1000 80+ Platinum |~| Windows Boot Drive: 2x 512GB (1TB total) Plextor SATA SSD (RAID0 volume) |~| Linux Boot Drive: 500GB Kingston A2000 |~| Storage: 4TB WD Black HDD |~| Case: Cooler Master Silencio S600 |~| Display 1 (leftmost): Eizo (unknown model) 1920x1080 IPS @ 60Hz|~| Display 2 (center): BenQ ZOWIE XL2540 1920x1080 TN @ 240Hz |~| Display 3 (rightmost): Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 3840x2160 IPS @ 60Hz 10-bit |~| OS: Windows 10 Pro (games / art) + Linux (distro: NixOS; programming and daily driver)

5 hours ago, Boo Berry said:

What's the FreeSync range on this monitor?

Answering my own question - this monitor has a FreeSync range of 30Hz to 90Hz.

I'd rather fork $100 more and get a Nixeus EDG 27" monitor that has a FreeSync range of 30Hz to 144Hz.

2 hours ago, xXxTHE LAWxXx97 (Joey T) said:

see, I don't think anyone else has noticed this. A couple weeks ago when Luke was hosting the wan show and turned down their volume for voice so that he could play a video and never turned it back up. I'm still stumped nobody else has mentioned it. @nicklmg 

Definitely noticed it.  It was horrible at the beginning - he's talking about the monitor and I could barely hear it, and then BLAM!  Intro starts, and my eardrums bleed.

Lots of people left comments on the Youtube WAN show page about the audio as well.