I'm confused about Floatplane Media

Ryois
2 hours ago, KhandakeF said:

I mean hey, when they dont got good topics for us, why not talk about FP? :) 

They actually skip over a lot of big topics so they can talk about FP.  If you look at the forum post, they share all the potential subjects they plan to discuss.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

2 hours ago, JoostinOnline said:

They actually skip over a lot of big topics so they can talk about FP.  If you look at the forum post, they share all the potential subjects they plan to discuss.

As has always been the case, Linus and Luke choose topics they are interested in. A lot of big tech news stories are often not very interesting or don’t require much discussion. 

Also on a personal note, different people have different interests. 

The WAN show has always been a fairly loose structure. They never represented the show as being a thorough news series. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

1 minute ago, dalekphalm said:

As has always been the case, Linus and Luke choose topics they are interested in. A lot of big tech news stories are often not very interesting or don’t require much discussion. 

I'm well aware of that.  I was just saying they weren't talking about FP because of a shortage of topics.  It's 20-ish minutes of "Hey, have you guys heard of Floatplane?", and then whatever topics they can cram in during the remaining time.

It's their show, they can do what they want.  I just find it super boring when they dedicate 20 minutes to discussing the same thing about a service on a weekly basis.

On another note, what's up with them never doing sound/video tests before the show starts?  Almost every single show it takes like 5 minutes to semi-fix the issues. xD

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

I'm well aware of that.  I was just saying they weren't talking about FP because of a shortage of topics.  It's 20-ish minutes of "Hey, have you guys heard of Floatplane?", and then whatever topics they can cram in during the remaining time.

It's their show, they can do what they want.  I just find it super boring when they dedicate 20 minutes to discussing the same thing about a service on a weekly basis.

On another note, what's up with them never doing sound/video tests before the show starts?  Almost every single show it takes like 5 minutes to semi-fix the issues. xD

I think the main issue with their sound issues are:

1. None of them are “sound” guys. Nor pro streamers or producers. They should hire ITMeJP. His production values are fucking kickass for the size of his twitch channel (plus he used to produce MLG tournaments). 

2. They usually leave things until SUPER last minute for the WAN show. So there’s little to no time to test stuff out. 

But hey at least they finally got a dedicated setup that isn’t constantly being changed or swapped lol. 

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

• 1 year later...
On 12/31/2017 at 1:32 AM, Ryois said:

So in the WAN show, they talked about Luke and FP Media.

Whos CEO, COO, and other business positions? Is Linus a part of FP media? I hope they make a http://linusmediagroup.com style website for http://floatplanemedia.com the forums is being stupid with URL insertion...

Thanks!

So to our it simply vessel shut down but lmg still wanted to release videos early so they created floatplane through the forum originally after a while it had enough fan base to warrant its own website so Luke left lmg to become COO of floatplane media which is a seperate company from lmg for legal reasons 

Linus created floatplane media as well so Linus is ceo of floatplane and lmg so they are sister companies as Linus says so that’s why Luke still hosts wan show so floatplane was pretty much made for lmg by lmg 

On 1/22/2019 at 6:36 AM, CorndogHD said:

So to our it simply vessel shut down but lmg still wanted to release videos early so they created floatplane through the forum originally after a while it had enough fan base to warrant its own website so Luke left lmg to become COO of floatplane media which is a seperate company from lmg for legal reasons 

Linus created floatplane media as well so Linus is ceo of floatplane and lmg so they are sister companies as Linus says so that’s why Luke still hosts wan show so floatplane was pretty much made for lmg by lmg 

If we don't look at small mistakes you have there, thats about it.

(Floatplane as own site was always goal, and I think having others on there too was pretty early goal. And you don't need to be employed for a company to host a show made by another company. They could probably pay Luke for being part of WAN Shows, just like one pays for commentators and analysts on eSports events.)

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv