True 7.1 surround sound headset?

AdvancedKittyWarfer

I can't really find a good one. I don't care for the price tag aslong as it isn't over 350$ (Even a little bit above is fine)  Preferably Over-ear. And as I said true 7.1 surround sound. Don't care if it's wired or not. I'll be looking into a modmic thingy so no MIC is needed for it to have but prefered... But as I said not needed. Thanks in advance :D 

EDIT: 5.1?

3 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

And as I said true 7.1 surround sound

Why is this a issue?

just get a Dt 880+Fulla 2

My life

2 minutes ago, Himommies said:

Why is this a issue?

just get a Dt 880+Fulla 2

Never heard of them. That could be the issue?

Just now, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Never heard of them. That could be the issue?

Why do you need 7.1 so specifically.It has almost no advantage for location detecting from virtual and all of the headphones that have 7.1 have pretty bad sound quality

My life

There is just one 'true' 7.1 (and not really true as that's actually stupid) Headset. 

Thats some crappy Asus Strix thing. 

Other than that 7.1 doesn't exist in headphones for obvious enough reasons. 

Edit:

This thing is the only one I know about and it's actually 8.2 and not 7.1 but who cares, right? 

https://www.asus.com/Headphones-Headsets/ROG-Centurion/

Edit2: no, also no 5.1. 2.0 is the best you can get and the only one that makes sense. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

Why do you need 7.1 so specifically.It has almost no advantage for location detecting from virtual and all of the headphones that have 7.1 have pretty bad sound quality

Well I was going after sound quality (music, movies and well all other media consuming?) now that you mention that SOME have 7.1 headphones  are bad give me directions to the good ones :D

Well I was going after sound quality (music, movies and well all other media consuming?) now that you mention that SOME have 7.1 headphones  are bad give me directions to the good ones :D

G933

But none that are around 350

My life

Just now, Himommies said:

G933

But none that are around 350

Eh go abit futher. When pushing this budget I can go to 500$ But then there is not enough money for dual monitors yet huehue... So if that is what it takes... I guess I'll wait some months more for the monitors

there's got to be some kind of irony about having 7.1 headphones with a human beings having only 2.0 ears to actually listen to them with

Uh, music is only stereo, so is most content such as youtube or anything else.

Only movies will be 5.1 depending on what site you get them from.

More channels =/= better audio quality btw, you seem to be confusing the two.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

4 minutes ago, emosun said:

there's got to be some kind of irony about having 7.1 headphones with a human beings having only 2.0 ears to actually listen to them with

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Head-related_transfer_function

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

1 minute ago, Enderman said:

I mean in the sense that normal 7.1 allows you to move your head around

when with headphones if you turn your head the sound turns with it. So effectively you can turn your head to the side and sound would be coming from the wrong direction. 

idk stereo always seems to be enough lol

2 minutes ago, emosun said:

I mean in the sense that normal 7.1 allows you to move your head around

when with headphones if you turn your head the sound turns with it. So effectively you can turn your head to the side and sound would be coming from the wrong direction. 

idk stereo always seems to be enough lol

Well stereo is enough in headphones as it's too close to your head to make a difference. Real surround sound with speakers placed around a room is a total different story

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

Well stereo is enough in headphones as it's too close to your head to make a difference. Real surround sound with speakers placed around a room is a total different story

Almost all audio producers use a 2.0 or 2.1 audio setup using proper studio monitors.

No 5.1 or 7.1 bs, that's just for positional audio in movies.

Image result for studio monitor angle

Spoiler

Almost all audio producers use a 2.0 or 2.1 audio setup using proper studio monitors.

Do you know anything about the Audio-Technica MSR7BK? Im looking at it now coz y'all show me the harsh truth D:

Do you know anything about the Audio-Technica MSR7BK? Im looking at it now coz y'all show me the harsh truth D:

No, I don't know much about headphones cuz I don't use any, I'm a speaker person :P Hate headphones.

Spoiler

Just now, Enderman said:

No, I don't know much about headphones cuz I don't use any, I'm a speaker person :P Hate headphones.

Same, I've always used speakers. Using my Creative GigaWorks T3 speakers right now.. But you know my friends moved over to pc now so and I still want amazing sound when talking to them.. So I wanted a good ass pair of headphones. I generally also hate headphones as of how they push down my hair and all that crap again why I wanted a good pair of headphones

10 minutes ago, Enderman said:

Yes, music is obviously different to games and movies, both of which highly benefit from real speaker surround sound. 

Gaming HTPC:

Desktop PC:

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:

Synology-NAS:
DS920+

Audio Gear:

Reviews and Stuff:

Useful Links:

6 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Same, I've always used speakers. Using my Creative GigaWorks T3 speakers right now.. But you know my friends moved over to pc now so and I still want amazing sound when talking to them.. So I wanted a good ass pair of headphones. I generally also hate headphones as of how they push down my hair and all that crap again why I wanted a good pair of headphones

I really like my bose QC. been wearing them every day almost all day for like over a year.

1 minute ago, FloRolf said:

Yes, music is obviously different to games and movies, both of which highly benefit from real speaker surround sound. 

If he really wants surround for a few games that support it and watches lots of movies then a 7.1 speaker setup will give proper positional audio, not headphones.

There simply isn't enough space in headphones to have that many speakers while keeping each driver high quality and decent size, which is why most "7.1" headphones use fake surround sound.

Basically, get either good quality audiophile stereo headphones, or invest in a surround speaker system.

I only use 2.1 studio monitors because none of my games have surround sound and I do music stuff and watch youtube videos instead of watching movies.

Spoiler

Just now, emosun said:

I really like my bose QC. been wearing them every day almost all day for like over a year.

Yeah, I love Bose. Having their bluetooth speakers and a 10 years old Bose audio system for the TV I can say that. More than 10 years actually... They still put out some amazing sound

If he really wants surround for a few games that support it and watches lots of movies then a 7.1 speaker setup will give proper positional audio, not headphones.

There simply isn't enough space in headphones to have that many speakers while keeping each driver high quality and decent size, which is why most "7.1" headphones use fake surround sound.

Basically, get either good quality audiophile stereo headphones, or invest in a surround speaker system.

I only use 2.1 studio monitors because none of my games have surround sound and I do music stuff and watch youtube videos instead of watching movies.

Problem being my personal room ain't big enough for that... 

1 minute ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

Problem being my personal room ain't big enough for that... 

It is, there are small speakers which are still very high quality.

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Enderman said:

It is, there are small speakers which are still very high quality.

No, I mean I have no space or anywhere to put them... As I said in my personal room there isn't much room for it. I got a bed and all other damn things in my room. And obviosly in the way of any speakers

7 minutes ago, AdvancedKittyWarfer said:

No, I mean I have no space or anywhere to put them... As I said in my personal room there isn't much room for it. I got a bed and all other damn things in my room. And obviosly in the way of any speakers

I don't feel you're trying hard enough ;)

Spoiler

1229171504.thumb.jpg.adf93fcc1af8880ec4748895f0d23a6b.jpg

Unless you are :/