M50x sound but wireless

Ruben360
Go to solution Solved by Max_Settings,
30 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Yeah alright. Any recommendations on over ear closed, nice if portable headphones for 150€ max. max. 200€?

This might sound dumb but I think the headphones you recommeded are too audiophile. I would prefer a bit more fun headphones with a pronounciation on bass and treble and not necessarily perfect accuracy.

Thanks for helping!

Most audiophile headphones are fun. But there are some very analytical headphons for people that want them. Closed between $100-$200 is hard. That what was I was struggling with. There are good sub $100 options. And there are good $200-$300 options, but between $100-$200. Only tire closed headphone in that range would be something like the DT770s which many people like, but I have issues with. They do have crazy good treble though if you like that.

Hey,
I really enjoy the sound of the M50x but I would like the wireless. Any suggestions on wireless headphones with m50x like sound signature. 
 Price must be under 200$

Thanks.

You could buy the M50X with the wireless adapter on Amazon, check it out. 

Edit: https://www.amazon.com/Audio-Technica-ATH-M50x-Professional-Adapter-Amplifier-BAL-M50X/dp/B01M6BQUSG

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X GPU: Nvidia RTX 3080 12GB + Motherboard: Asus Crosshair VIII Hero

Case: Asus ROG Strix Helios Gundam Edition Power Supply: Asus ROG Thor 850P

Wireless, with the quality of the M50x? I think it would be hard to find that at any price point. 
At a sub 200$ pricepoint it would be neigh impossible.

6 minutes ago, Ansger said:

Wireless, with the quality of the M50x? I think it would be hard to find that at any price point. 
At a sub 200$ pricepoint it would be neigh impossible.

I know, but I'm not asking for the same sound quality. But for a similar sound signature with emphasis on bass and treble.

Just now, Ruben360 said:

I know, but I'm not asking for the same sound quality. But for a similar sound signature with emphasis on bass and treble.

Sony MDR1000x's could be what you are looking for (but i think they are a bit more bass heavy). You would have to find a deal to get them for less tan 200 but it wouldn't be impossible to find i think.

1 hour ago, kmathieu2220 said:

@Max_Settings @seduce_me This is the type of stuff that is annoying to see on the audio boards. He is looking for help in a pair of headphones, not looking to get his preferences bashed.

So if he wanted Beats would you not recommend him getting something different?

8 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

So if he wanted Beats would you not recommend him getting something different?

The thing is that he is saying he knows he likes the sound of the m50x and is looking for something comparable. And you didn’t recommend a different option, you bashed his personal opinion. Just not constructive 

Just now, kmathieu2220 said:

The thing is that he is saying he knows he likes the sound of the m50x and is looking for something comparable. And you didn’t recommend a different option, you bashed his personal opinion. Just not constructive 

I highly doubt he actually does. I would bet he’s never heard them and has just seen videos on them from non audiophile youtubers who have no clue what they are talking about. And I will recommend other options.

To the OP the M50Xs are the Beats of the audiophile world. They are the headphones that people wanting to get into audiophile headphones are immediately drawn to because the see them recommend by youtubers like MKBHD who have no clue about headphones. Actually audiophile youtubers would never recommend the M50Xs. They have a very muddy sound with WAY to much treble that makes the physical painful and fatiguing to listen to. And before @kmathieu2220 says, “Well you’ve probably never heard them either and are just speaking from what you’ve heard youtubers says just like he is.” No I’m not. I own a pair and have done extensive listen. Absolutely hate them.

As for recommendations as an audiophile I never recommend wireless unless absolutely necessary because of the loss in quality of wireless audio. For open go with the SHP9500s of Sennheiser HD559s, or AKG K7XXs. Closed go with the Status Audio CB-1s, M40Xs but only if you spend the $50 to get HM5 pads, Takstar Pro 82s, and for semi open look at Fostex T50RP MK3s (only if you have a good Amp), or Fostex TR90s.

1 hour ago, Max_Settings said:

I highly doubt he actually does. I would bet he’s never heard them and has just seen videos on them from non audiophile youtubers who have no clue what they are talking about. And I will recommend other options.

To the OP the M50Xs are the Beats of the audiophile world. They are the headphones that people wanting to get into audiophile headphones are immediately drawn to because the see them recommend by youtubers like MKBHD who have no clue about headphones. Actually audiophile youtubers would never recommend the M50Xs. They have a very muddy sound with WAY to much treble that makes the physical painful and fatiguing to listen to. And before @kmathieu2220 says, “Well you’ve probably never heard them either and are just speaking from what you’ve heard youtubers says just like he is.” No I’m not. I own a pair and have done extensive listen. Absolutely hate them.

As for recommendations as an audiophile I never recommend wireless unless absolutely necessary because of the loss in quality of wireless audio. For open go with the SHP9500s of Sennheiser HD559s, or AKG K7XXs. Closed go with the Status Audio CB-1s, M40Xs but only if you spend the $50 to get HM5 pads, Takstar Pro 82s, and for semi open look at Fostex T50RP MK3s (only if you have a good Amp), or Fostex TR90s.

I fully support this post - I just hate when people ask for help for other people to respond with - your taste sucks. All for giving legit other options and reasons for it.

2 hours ago, Max_Settings said:

Just so you know. My brother has the m50x and so I have heard them for a long period of time. I just like the pronounced and clear treble and bass. I'm not an audiophile but I just like the way they sound so they are the only headphones I can base my opinion on. I have also bought the Sennheiser hd bt4.50 but I'm returning them because I think they sound garbage. The treble have no detail at all and the bass is overpowerd

20 minutes ago, kmathieu2220 said:

I fully support this post - I just hate when people ask for help for other people to respond with - your taste sucks. All for giving legit other options and reasons for it.

Do you happen to know how the Audio Technica sr6 or ar5 sound like? A lot of people say that their bass is non existent but maybe they are just bass heads. And I can't find any real reviews of them only 3 Amazon reviews.

14 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Just so you know. My brother has the m50x and so I have heard them for a long period of time. I just like the pronounced and clear treble and bass. I'm not an audiophile but I just like the way they sound so they are the only headphones I can base my opinion on. I have also bought the Sennheiser hd bt4.50 but I'm returning them because I think they sound garbage. The treble have no detail at all and the bass is overpowerd

I would disagree. The treble is WAY to much and is terrible to listen to. And the bass is meh it is muddy. Like I said I have experience with other cans including these so I'm speaking from experience. 

3 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

I would disagree. The treble is WAY to much and is terrible to listen to. And the bass is meh it is muddy. Like I said I have experience with other cans including these so I'm speaking from experience. 

Do you happen to know how the Audio Technica sr6 or ar5 sound like? A lot of people say that their bass is non existent but maybe they are just bass heads. And I can't find any real reviews of them only 3 Amazon reviews

Taged the wrong person by accident. :)

3 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Do you happen to know how the Audio Technica sr6 or ar5 sound like? A lot of people say that their bass is non existent but maybe they are just bass heads. And I can't find any real reviews of them only 3 Amazon reviews

Taged the wrong person by accident. :)

Personally no. I don't keep up on wireless headphones because like I said as an audiophile I couldn't bear to use wireless because of the loss in sound quality. If you want wired options I will be happy to help.

8 minutes ago, Max_Settings said:

Personally no. I don't keep up on wireless headphones because like I said as an audiophile I couldn't bear to use wireless because of the loss in sound quality. If you want wired options I will be happy to help.

Yeah alright. Any recommendations on over ear closed, nice if portable headphones for 150€ max. max. 200€?

This might sound dumb but I think the headphones you recommeded are too audiophile. I would prefer a bit more fun headphones with a pronounciation on bass and treble and not necessarily perfect accuracy.

Thanks for helping!

30 minutes ago, Ruben360 said:

Thanks for helping!

Most audiophile headphones are fun. But there are some very analytical headphons for people that want them. Closed between $100-$200 is hard. That what was I was struggling with. There are good sub $100 options. And there are good $200-$300 options, but between $100-$200. Only tire closed headphone in that range would be something like the DT770s which many people like, but I have issues with. They do have crazy good treble though if you like that.