2 os's one pc

ok so I have two hard drives on my computer (not the one on my profile that was temporary)  so one has Ubuntu and I hated it so I got windows on the second hard drive but on that windows it says I only have one hard drive the one with windows on it so I'm wondering how to get both to display on windows

56 minutes ago, Firecheetah13 said:

couldnt you just boot into ubuntu and wipe the drive and then use it

I don't know can I?

Windows doesn't show the drive because it's not formatted in a way it can recognise. If you can see it in "Disk Management" under Windows, you'll need to install a filesystem filter driver to enable reading of whatever filesystem your Linux install uses - probably EXT3 or EXT4. This Link on Howtogeek does a good job of explaining some of the options.

57 minutes ago, Tabs said:

Windows doesn't show the drive because it's not formatted in a way it can recognise. If you can see it in "Disk Management" under Windows, you'll need to install a filesystem filter driver to enable reading of whatever filesystem your Linux install uses - probably EXT3 or EXT4. This Link on Howtogeek does a good job of explaining some of the options.

so this is how to have both but still use both of the drives?

4 minutes ago, penmaster33 said:

so this is how to have both but still use both of the drives?

Yes, if you want access to the data on both drives from each OS, you'll need to do this for Windows. Windows needs an external driver to read Linux filesystems, but Linux will often come with read or read/write support for NTFS so you usually don't need to do anything to allow Linux to read your Windows drives.

1 hour ago, Tabs said:

Yes, if you want access to the data on both drives from each OS, you'll need to do this for Windows. Windows needs an external driver to read Linux filesystems, but Linux will often come with read or read/write support for NTFS so you usually don't need to do anything to allow Linux to read your Windows drives.

ok Ill probably do that tomorrow morning its kinda late right now