New PC new windows ?

Sirmat
Go to solution Solved by Sirmat,

It does work with Dell windows i'm here to prove it =)

Can i keep my windows if i change my PC or i have to buy a new one ?  Windows 10 from a Dell PC

1 minute ago, Sirmat said:

Can i keep my windows if i change my PC or i have to buy a new one ?  Windows 10 from from a Dell PC

You may especially with Windows 10.

Are you talking about the key or the Windows installation itself? If the installation, you should always do a clean install when moving systems.

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

1 minute ago, Jamiec1130 said:

Are you talking about the key or the Windows installation itself? If the installation, you should always do a clean install when moving systems.

talking about the key

8 hours ago, Sirmat said:

You have OEM key so chances are that it still won't work. Those keys tie to mobo, more so as it came with Windows pre-installed.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

5 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

You have OEM key so chances are that it still won't work. Those keys tie to mobo, more so as it came with Windows pre-installed.

I'll try and let you guys know