Corsair HS50 microphone issues

OGH2021
On 5/7/2018 at 7:24 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Are you using the Y-cable that came with the mic to connect the headset, or does your system have a combination 3.5mm jack where both audio and mic use the same port?  If you connect the headset to a different PC/Laptop, does it have the same issue?

I don't know if the microphone works or not. My laptop has one jack where the audio and mic share the same port. When I plug in the headset it show up as Realtek HD Audio 2nd output and the mic shows up as External Mic. Is this the name of the headset? This is the only thing I get when I plug in the headset and I am not sure if this is the right one.

On 5/5/2018 at 12:07 PM, pebun4 said:

I am having this weird problem with my HS50 where my microphone pics up the audio from my pc and when i am in discord with friends they can hear themselves and my games, which is very anoying. i have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to changing every configuration posible. im out of ideas. anyone knows how to solve this?

Having the same exact problem with my PS4. Any solution? :(

On 7/16/2018 at 4:25 PM, hecticplayz said:

I don't know if the microphone works or not. My laptop has one jack where the audio and mic share the same port. When I plug in the headset it show up as Realtek HD Audio 2nd output and the mic shows up as External Mic. Is this the name of the headset? This is the only thing I get when I plug in the headset and I am not sure if this is the right one.

Realtek is for your onboard sound card.  Since the headset is analog, it will not have a digital name signature like "Corsair HS50 Headset".  Make sure the mic is set to default under.  You should see audio playback in the level bar when you speak into the mic.  If it doesn't, try pressing the mute button on the left earcup.

On 7/16/2018 at 8:49 PM, Zergpete said:

Having the same exact problem with my PS4. Any solution? :(

Have you tried plugging the headset into a different device like a iPhone/Android phone or PC/Laptop?  Try connecting it and see you are having the same issue.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

1 hour ago, Corsair Nick said:

Realtek is for your onboard sound card.  Since the headset is analog, it will not have a digital name signature like "Corsair HS50 Headset".  Make sure the mic is set to default under.  You should see audio playback in the level bar when you speak into the mic.  If it doesn't, try pressing the mute button on the left earcup.

what do you mean by "default under"

wait never mind.

Uh, Weird When I Open Up My Quicktime (Recording Software) I Select External and it works! but on settings it doesn't show up or discord or anything

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, My hs50's arent picking up the mic and idk what to do cause all that comes up in my recording is 'microphone' 'line in' and 'stereo mix' it says microphone is active yet when i talk nothing happens.... any help on getting the mic sorted is great thanks

On 7/23/2018 at 8:31 PM, uhhhhhhhhhhh said:

Uh, Weird When I Open Up My Quicktime (Recording Software) I Select External and it works! but on settings it doesn't show up or discord or anything

Sounds like you need to change the default input device in the Discord settings.  Since the headset is analog, it won't show up with the HS50 name, and will most likely be something different like Realtek Mic Input.

On 8/1/2018 at 7:37 AM, j098 said:

Hi, My hs50's arent picking up the mic and idk what to do cause all that comes up in my recording is 'microphone' 'line in' and 'stereo mix' it says microphone is active yet when i talk nothing happens.... any help on getting the mic sorted is great thanks

Have you tried using the Y-adapter included with the headset?  If your PC doesn't have combo jacks, you will need to use that to separate the audio channels.  Make sure the mic is secured in the headset.  You can also try plugging it into a different device like a cell phone or another PC/Laptop to see if the mic functions. 

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

• 2 weeks later...

I had the exact same problem, the way I fixed it is by setting my microphone and headset to the default device in the playback and recording options, as well as disabling enhancements for the headset, using the adapter on my front ports and physically unplugging then replugging the microphone to the headset twice. I also recommend positioning your mic at a 90-degree angle then turning just the end part (the microphone itself) to face your mouth, as I found the sound was too muffled and clearer this way. Also, haven't got rid of the buzzing/screeching sound yet.

• 2 weeks later...

i have the same issue, brand new. hs50 it doesnt output soudn at all

Are you using the included Y-cable to connect to your PC?  Make sure the headset is set to your default playback device in Windows.  You can also try connecting to a different device with an analog port to make sure the headset is working fine.

I'm having the same sort of issue with my HS50 headset. I'm able to hear everything just fine. My computer has the combo jack, and it has worked for previous headsets. However, when using this one, the combo jack doesn't let me record audio (with the same settings as other headsets). Weirdly, the audio IS being recorded when I set the device being detected to "microphone" (when using the combo jack on this setting, the audio is very muffled, but when using the pink Y cable, the audio is crystal clear), but when it is set to "headset", no audio at all is recorded. Any tips?

Hi, i just bought the corsair hs50 headset en the sound is working great. It does't recognize the microphone however. I have the y-cable connected and it still won't show up in my playback devices, i also tried pressing the mute/unmute butten both ways to make sure that wasn't the issue. Any help? I have no other input devices hooked up so it will just say no input devices found.

Edited by Thelastgamingpineapple

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I got my Corsair HS50 earlier this year and only now iv'e been having sound issues, when i un-mute the microphone the sound slowly decreases and wont stop... what can i do to fix this?

i recently have my hs50 its all good till the mic kinda sucks by  means it sound blob something is wrong with it

Just sent all of you specific instructions on processing the RMA through our support site.  Let me know if you have any questions.

• 1 month later...

I got my hs50 headset about a month ago audio is fine but problem is mic it works fine on my ps4 when i am in a party with my friends but when it comes to talking to friends on discord even when i use the y cable in my laptop it doesnt pick up the headset mic and i have tried everything i dont know if its the laptop its self or something actually wrong with my headset just need to figure out whats wrong with it, if nothing can be done then i should be fine to return it 

Sounds like a setting maybe in Windows or Discord since the headset works fine on your PS4.  Have you tried using a different application like voice recorder to see if audio gets picked up?  Also, double check that the your mic port on the laptop is set to default for windows and discord.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the HS50 just today and the mic is not schowing up in the Windows Settings or any other App. Can someone Help?

-IS plugged in Corectly

-2 in 1 Mic plug tried with and without Y-Cable

-Headphones work just mic doesn`t

-Have tried with other divises

I Just cant set it as my Defoult device, have no other mic plugged in. That really sucks.

PLS HELP

Sounds like you did a lot of the basic troubleshooting steps already.  I would suggest exchanging the unit with the retailer, or contacting our Technical Support staff through our support site.

• 2 months later...

I finally found the answer after a couple days! Not sure if this will work for you, but if you are a common discord user, you may mute yourself often, for me, I always do. Discord runs in the background!!! (Or for me it does, high ram = I run whatever I want lmfao) anyways, make sure that you are unmuted on all platforms before trying anything else!! Hope this helps!

• 3 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:27 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Do you have any other devices like a phone that you can connect to test?  Also, make sure the headset jack is set to the default recording device, and mute button on the left earcup is disengaged.

it works on my iPhone, but not on my Laptop

Double check your privacy settings, and make sure the toggle for "Allow apps to access your mic" is enabled, and the mic port is set to your default recording device in your sound settings.  Also, you can try using the included y-cable that came with the headset.  Your laptop might not have a combo port with both stereo and mic on one jack.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone please help, I bought my hs50 yesterday. I’ve recently got a custom built pc, when I plug the Y cable splitter into the two ports at the from of my pc and then into my headset it doesn’t detect it, I don’t have any headset icon that comes up in my sound settings it’s just the speakers. When I try it in discord my mic sounds all robotic and horrible.. please help. It doesn’t detect that there’s a headset connected to the pc

DA722064-6E46-4CDE-9664-438B28949077.jpeg

What happens if you plug the headset in without the Y-cable?  Have you tried connecting to a different device like an iPhone or Android?

• 1 year later...

The problem is on the project of this headset really. The speaker is too loud and the cushions do not isolate well so the sound produced by the speakers is captured by the mic. It's not any settings I tried on many different setting and different devices. Just test with your smartphone open up the recorder and give a play on any audio than put the volume loud you will listen that on the recording.