Corsair HS50 microphone issues

OGH2021

Hello!

I recently got a new headset, and I am attempting to use it on my laptop. I don't think the mic on the headset is working, and it is instead receiving from the laptop. Do you know how I can change the input? 

Go to the toolbar and navigate to the speaker. Right click, click Recording Devices, and set the HS50 as default by right clicking and selecting the relevant options. For some applications, including Skype and Teamspeak, you may have to change the microphone in the options of those programs.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

8 minutes ago, TheSLSAMG said:

Go to the toolbar and navigate to the speaker. Right click, click Recording Devices, and set the HS50 as default by right clicking and selecting the relevant options. For some applications, including Skype and Teamspeak, you may have to change the microphone in the options of those programs.

Nevermind, resolved. Thank you for all of your help.

Edit: The world can now hear my beautiful voice

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/28/2017 at 5:09 PM, OGH2021 said:

Nevermind, resolved. Thank you for all of your help.

Edit: The world can now hear my beautiful voice

But what did you do exactly that fixed it,really freaking out that the mic isn't working on the first day.

• 1 month later...
On 1/23/2018 at 3:41 PM, Jaediem said:

But what did you do exactly that fixed it,really freaking out that the mic isn't working on the first day.

did u find a solution? my newly bought hs50's mic is not detected

Are either of you using the included Y-cable?  If your PC/Laptop doesn't utilize 2-in-1 mic/stereo jacks, you will need to use the Y-cable to plug them in separately in their appropriate jacks..

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

https://support.corsair.com/

I recently bought this headset and it was fine and all, until now the mic has stopped working. It shows up and can speak but extremely quiet. PLEASE HELP!!!

Try adjusting your sensitivity in your Recording Devices -> Properties for the headset jack -> Levels tab.  Also check to see if it is only one application or if its in multiple.  If it's only one, you might need to adjust the settings in that specific app.

Looking for more details about a product, or experiencing technical issues?  Visit our support page below, and one of our Technical Support staff can help you out:

On 3/5/2018 at 5:26 PM, Corsair Nick said:

Are either of you using the included Y-cable?  If your PC/Laptop doesn't utilize 2-in-1 mic/stereo jacks, you will need to use the Y-cable to plug them in separately in their appropriate jacks..

My computer has a 2-in-1 jack, but it still doesn't recognize the microphone

Do you have any other devices like a phone that you can connect to test?  Also, make sure the headset jack is set to the default recording device, and mute button on the left earcup is disengaged.

i just dropped my headset 1 cm and it just broke. the speakers work but the mic doesnt work anymore. pls help

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought the hs50 and my mic isn't working. My laptop comes with the 2in1 audio and mic slot. I've tried using the Y cable and it is still not working. Please help

Make sure to unmute the mic on the left earcup, and the headset is set to your default recording device in windows.  You can change it by right clicking the speaker on your system tray.  You can also try connecting the headset to a different device like an iPhone, Android, or similar to see if it picks up during calls.

• 4 weeks later...

I am having this weird problem with my HS50 where my microphone pics up the audio from my pc and when i am in discord with friends they can hear themselves and my games, which is very anoying. i have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling drivers to changing every configuration posible. im out of ideas. anyone knows how to solve this?

Are you using the Y-cable that came with the mic to connect the headset, or does your system have a combination 3.5mm jack where both audio and mic use the same port?  If you connect the headset to a different PC/Laptop, does it have the same issue?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2018 at 8:24 AM, Corsair Nick said:

Are you using the Y-cable that came with the mic to connect the headset, or does your system have a combination 3.5mm jack where both audio and mic use the same port?  If you connect the headset to a different PC/Laptop, does it have the same issue?

when the headset is plug in to my pc audio jack, it works for the headphone but not the mi. when i change it to the mic jack, the mic work but the headphone doesn't. obviously, so i plug it in to my phone and it work perfectly. next i use the corsair y-cable provided, but with this i face another problem, i can hear my friend talking and game sound, but my friend cannot hear my voice while they can hear my pc sound. so i bought another y-cable which work perfectly with my old headphone. so i use the corsair y-cable to test on my old headphone, it function like normal headphone would. so my guess is, hardware isnt the problem here.

my new hs50 is having a problem. the microphone is really silent  i dont know what is the problem here, i tried to reconnect the front panel hd audio, and failed. Then i tried  toconnect the headset through the motherboard directly but same result happened. I used the Y splitter. I changed the levels and mic boost in sounds but it results in a electic noises like in the recording. thanks.

hs50recording.mp3

On 12/29/2017 at 1:57 AM, OGH2021 said:

Hello!

I recently got a new headset, and I am attempting to use it on my laptop. I don't think the mic on the headset is working, and it is instead receiving from the laptop. Do you know how I can change the input? 

Heyy lemme give ya a tip, i had the headset for 6 months. It breaks fast. Dont push on the over ear rounds, just dont push at all on it not hard not soft, itll make a ploppy noise for ever eventually everytime u touch it and the sound wuality and sound will fuck up and get lower

My main rig  Shardsedge

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build is made for video editing, Gaming and livestreaming.

probably 65% of this build has been bought used.

• Specifications:

CPU  AMD Ryzen 7 1700

GPU  Sapphire RX 580 PULSE 4GB

SSD ✦ Toshiba TR200 240GB

HDD ✦ WD Black 160GB 2.5" + WD BLUE 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair RM750X

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 3000Mhz

CASE ✦ Corsair Crystal 460X

MOBO MSI X370 SLI Plus

My old pc build  Smoke

☟ INFO & SPECS 

• Information:

This build was made for gaming especially, it was my second build.

i had some struggles livestreaming on it because the CPU just wasn't good enough for that.

(I do not have this build anymore)

• Specifications:

CPU ✦ Intel i5 6500

GPU  Sapphire NITRO+ Radeon RX 470 4G D5

SSD ✦ Kingston SSDNow v300 120GB

HDD ✦ WD Blue 1TB

PSU ✦ Corsair CX450M

RAM ✦ Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x4 (8GB) 2400Mhz

CASE ✦ Sharkoon S25-V

MOBO ✦ MSI H110M ECO

On 5/26/2018 at 1:02 AM, yohan P said:

my new hs50 is having a problem. the microphone is really silent  i dont know what is the problem here, i tried to reconnect the front panel hd audio, and failed. Then i tried  toconnect the headset through the motherboard directly but same result happened. I used the Y splitter. I changed the levels and mic boost in sounds but it results in a electic noises like in the recording. thanks.

hs50recording.mp3

Try reseating the the detachable mic and see if that improve the mic quality.  If not, I'd recommend reaching out to our Technical Support staff for further assistance.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the HS60 for a few months now and it has worked perfectly. It has the USB adapter for 7.1 surround sound. I came back from long trip and went to play my games and use Discord but the mic doesnt work. I open the input properties and can see the mic can hear me so i dont think its a hardware issue. I have installed iCue and tried that. tried updating my drivers. Playing with windows sound properties and restoring to defaults. Nothing is helping. The headphones work fine, just the mic is having issues.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2018 at 6:43 PM, BlackGSD said:

I have had the HS60 for a few months now and it has worked perfectly. It has the USB adapter for 7.1 surround sound. I came back from long trip and went to play my games and use Discord but the mic doesnt work. I open the input properties and can see the mic can hear me so i dont think its a hardware issue. I have installed iCue and tried that. tried updating my drivers. Playing with windows sound properties and restoring to defaults. Nothing is helping. The headphones work fine, just the mic is having issues.

Are you using Windows 10?  If so, the recent spring update has created some issues for mics and other devices.  You'll need to perform the following:

Open Settings (to the right of system tray) -> Privacy -> Microphone -> Enable "Let apps use microphone"

This usually does the trick.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok I got the headphones (HS50) and (by the time I've sent this) 1 hour ago after all the forums and troubleshooting

Nothing works.

Please help

Edit: Btw I've tried

- Making sure mic is properly fitted

- The Headphone is selected but the mic audio doesn't come out

- Restarting computer

- Read 2 trillion forums

Seriously need help

If this helps I've got a mac and yes it is compatible

Do you know if your Mac has a combo jack where both audio and mic are on one port?  If you have two ports available, try using the Y-Cable to connect to both jacks so audio and mic are independent.  Also, try another PC/Laptop, or Iphone/Android Phone to see if the mic picks up audio.