Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Amund Osnes

Hori Overdrive racing wheel for XBOX one/pc won't work on my PC

Posted · Original PosterOP

So i bought this racing wheel "Hori Overdrive for XBOX One". I was told by the store that it was PC compatible.

So i plug it into my pc, a white LED glows up and it shows up in "Devices and Hardware".

"Great!" i think and launch up ATS, but it doesn't detect the wheel... I download Chronos pro, it doesn't detect it either... I try the Xbox and Xbox accesories app, they don't detect it either...

What could be the problem here?

Thinking about returning it to the shop

It might be that I'm not searching hard enough, but I'm not finding anything that indicates it's compatible with Windows, besides it being officially licensed by Microsoft, which doesn't really mean anything in of itself.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

8 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

It might be that I'm not searching hard enough, but I'm not finding anything that indicates it's compatible with Windows, besides it being officially licensed by Microsoft, which doesn't really mean anything in of itself.

so should i just return it then?

1 minute ago, Amund Osnes said:

so should i just return it then?

Do you have any documentation with the racing wheel?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brains fall out." - Carl Sagan.

"If you place a piece of bread somewhere on Earth, and another one on that point's antipodes, well you made yourself an Earth-sandwich." - Michael from Vsauce.

2 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

Do you have any documentation with the racing wheel?

no, it was returned allready before me. So it was cheaper than normal (why i bought it), so there was no documentation in the box ;/

1 minute ago, Amund Osnes said:

no, it was returned allready before me. So it was cheaper than normal (why i bought it), so there was no documentation in the box ;/

This is the only one I found compatible with PC: http://stores.horiusa.com/racing-wheel-apex-for-playstation-4-3-and-pc/

And they specifically state it too. I'd just return it....Question...In Device Manager, if you find the racing wheel, what happens if you try updating or installing a driver for it?

3 minutes ago, Godlygamer23 said:

This is the only one I found compatible with PC: http://stores.horiusa.com/racing-wheel-apex-for-playstation-4-3-and-pc/

And they specifically state it too. I'd just return it....Question...In Device Manager, if you find the racing wheel, what happens if you try updating or installing a driver for it?

can't find it under device manager, but i found "Xbox accesories" which is there due to the "Xbox accesories" app, i suspect.

Under Devices and Printers is where it shows up, there all the options for being related to drivers, are greyed out.

3 minutes ago, Amund Osnes said:

can't find it under device manager, but i found "Xbox accesories" which is there due to the "Xbox accesories" app, i suspect.

Under Devices and Printers is where it shows up, there all the options for being related to drivers, are greyed out.

I'd just return it.