Computer Shuts Off During Video Editing

Reconciliasion

Hi

My Specs

AMD 1055T NOT OVERCLOCKED, AT CORE 2.8

1 x 2gb stick Corsair 1333, bare in mind I had 2x2 making 4gb but one stick is RMA and its currently on its way to Corsair, Netherlands!

radeon HD 6950 2gb running off the 6970 BIOS.

850W PSU

Okay, so I was running Cyberlink Powerdirector 9 with both sticks of memory in and I was just editing away, still 1500mb free on my ram then my pc shutoff.

I rebooted my PC and I could do anything, started up games, benchmarks, it wasn't my GPU at fault, it worked fine under 100% for over 38 minutes.

I opened up Powerdirector and imported the video I was editing and after 45 seconds of cutting up the video and colour correcting my PC shut off.

I removed my GPU and air dusted it, also air dusted everything else and hoovered over the bottom of my case.

In doing so I dropped one stick of RAM which is now faulty, hence why it is on its way to Corsair, bare in mind that prior to me dropping it, it worked fine as it stated 3500mb free RAM when I booted my PC initially.

So running off 1200mb spare RAM I decide to install Powerdirector 11, incase it was an issue with my old software

All was running fine, abit laggy at trimming hd video's (understandable that im video editing on 2GB!!) So nothing to worry about

After 8-9 minutes of cutting and editing the PC shuts off. I restart it and re-open my last save and continue, again after 5 minutes it cuts off.

I don't think its a problem with having too little RAM because I'm sure the software will close itself rather than force the PC off immediately.

I don't think its a problem with the RAM as memtest states its fine, bare in mind only 1 stick tested
My GPU has been tested and dusted off
The case cleaned, doubt its a short somewhere

PSU, its not the PSU as this happens only during Video Editing

Any light on this situation would be greatly appreciated!

Recon

Have to clean the CPU cooler and replaced the thermal paste? If you can you may want to get something like a CoolerMaster 212 Evo.

Quote me to get a reply!

Run a temp program while rendering to see if your cpu is getting to hot.

Run malware checks just to be safe (Adwcleaner, JRT, Hitman Pro, Combofix)

Update drivers. This can be very important.

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

I appreciate both your responses

I don't think its the CPU as it doesn't shut off during intense gaming and I use an Akasa Venom with 3 x 120mm fans on it and my temps are 34-36*C which are perfect.

Flashing the BIOS back to 6950? - Would that really make a difference?

Did you actually stress test your CPU?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

I appreciate both your responses

I don't think its the CPU as it doesn't shut off during intense gaming and I use an Akasa Venom with 3 x 120mm fans on it and my temps are 34-36*C which are perfect.

Flashing the BIOS back to 6950? - Would that really make a difference?

I'm not entirely convinced those are your real temperatures.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

I'm not saying you're lying. I'm questioning the temperature sensors present on the CPU.

EDIT: Is that on idle?

Yep, just sat doing a virus scan with malwarebytes as somebody's post recommended.

My PC's been on for 3 hours now with no shutdown, Video edit for more than 3-5 minutes and it goes!

Stress test it using something like Prime and then tell me the temperatures. Virus scans aren't stressing enough. Idle means nothing when it comes to temperatures. You need full load temperatures.

after 12 minutes we're on 52*C lowest core and 55*C highest core if that helps...