A Problem w/ Apple

Matrix13

Dear fellow LTT forum viewers, I have a great concern and a consistent problem with Apple products. No, it's not about the price, performance, software or anything that can be argued as "subjective." I really have always thought this multi-million dollar company, one of the most profitable in the world, would never have any mistakes especially with asking for so much money then the typical person can afford. Tech companies are the best at impressing consumers and are some of the quickest to solve defects and satisfaction problems. I must say I and very, very, very disappointed with what I have experienced this year with my purchase of an iPhone 8 and an iPad 2017. In my opinion, I think IOS is the best way to go and so with the choice between the iPhone 8 and X, I choose the 8 for the lower price tag, similar specs, and because I liked the iPhone 6/7 design. So I decided to get 64gb and silver configuration and when I unboxed it the screen was not attached correctly! It is hard to explain so I have some links to some videos to explain the concern in other cases. 

So essentially, this was my problem. In my case, I had a gap on the left side of the screen, right top corner, and the bottom on the back. So I was really bothered by this, I decided to return it! I got an another a week later to wait it out and got a fresh iPhone 8. It was the same configuration. I ran into another problem this time. I understand the home button is no more on the iphone 7 and 8 as they are still buttons but have taptic feedback. This time the ring that is on every touchID capable iPhone was not flush with the glass! I felt it and could see it. In a quick summary I returned it again and then got another one having to return that one because it had the same problem as the first one just as bad. 

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

Motherboard- Asus M5A97 plus

Ram- Hyper X Fury 8gb 1866

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

Case- NZXT s340 Black/Blue

5 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

-snip-

Spoiler

Dear fellow LTT forum viewers, I have a great concern and a consistent problem with Apple products. No, it's not about the price, performance, software or anything that can be argued as "subjective." I really have always thought this multi-million dollar company, one of the most profitable in the world, would never have any mistakes especially with asking for so much money then the typical person can afford. Tech companies are the best at impressing consumers and are some of the quickest to solve defects and satisfaction problems. I must say I and very, very, very disappointed with what I have experienced this year with my purchase of an iPhone 8 and an iPad 2017. In my opinion, I think IOS is the best way to go and so with the choice between the iPhone 8 and X, I choose the 8 for the lower price tag, similar specs, and because I liked the iPhone 6/7 design. So I decided to get 64gb and silver configuration and when I unboxed it the screen was not attached correctly! It is hard to explain so I have some links to some videos to explain the concern in other cases. 

So essentially, this was my problem. In my case, I had a gap on the left side of the screen, right top corner, and the bottom on the back. So I was really bothered by this, I decided to return it! I got an another a week later to wait it out and got a fresh iPhone 8. It was the same configuration. I ran into another problem this time. I understand the home button is no more on the iphone 7 and 8 as they are still buttons but have faptic feedback. This time the ring that is on every touchID capable iPhone was not flush with the glass! I felt it and could see it. In a quick summary I returned it again and then got another one having to return that one because it had the same problem as the first one just as bad. 

This is why you shouldn't pre-order anything.

Just wait for the reviews and for others to find out about such flaws.

Hope you will receive a working one soon.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

9 minutes ago, Matrix13 said:

So essentially, this was my problem. In my case, I had a gap on the left side of the screen, right top corner, and the bottom on the back. So I was really bothered by this, I decided to return it! I got an another a week later to wait it out and got a fresh iPhone 8. It was the same configuration. I ran into another problem this time. I understand the home button is no more on the iphone 7 and 8 as they are still buttons but have taptic feedback. This time the ring that is on every touchID capable iPhone was not flush with the glass! I felt it and could see it. In a quick summary I returned it again and then got another one having to return that one because it had the same problem as the first one just as bad. 

That's unfortunate. 

Nothing pisses me off more than stuff getting through QC.

On the ring issue though, the home button is recessed slightly.  Is that what you are talking about?

4 hours ago, Cyberspirit said:

This is why you shouldn't pre-order anything.

Just wait for the reviews and for others to find out about such flaws.

Hope you will receive a working one soon.

I didn't pre-order. I got it a week from release at an apple store. Thanks for the friendly advice! I am not going to be getting another one because of 3 tries yet no improvment. I'll be getting the next iPhone in october '18 cuz it will have 2 cameras, oled, and a edge to edge display. 

4 hours ago, TheGlenlivet said:

That's unfortunate. 

On the ring issue though, the home button is recessed slightly.  Is that what you are talking about?

Maybe but I don't think so. This is a image of it. 1c17b4f4-1b0b-404e-y294-f891895f352f.webm

My PC (Big Blue)

Cpu- Amd Fx 6300

Gpu- GTX 960 4gb

Motherboard- Asus M5A97 plus

Ram- Hyper X Fury 8gb 1866

PSU- EVGA 600b

HDD- WB Blue

SSD- MX Crucial 250gb 

Case- NZXT s340 Black/Blue

11 minutes ago, TheGlenlivet said:

As someone who works in QC (Although we make sealings), it is close to impossible not to let any faulty products through no matter how hard you try.

It is unfortunate but, at the end of the day, we are humans.

Just now, Cyberspirit said:

As someone who works in QC (Although we make sealings), it is close to impossible not to let any faulty products through no matter how hard you try.

It is unfortunate but, at the end of the day, we are humans.

No I got you.  I actually work in the industry too, I know it's not possible. I just hate when it happens to ME!!  hehe

Just now, TheGlenlivet said:

I just hate when it happens to ME!!  hehe

Same here. :P

yes. apple's QC has been... hmmm... lackluster these few years. 

had a lot of problem with my iphone 6. 

• silent button automatically jump back up whenever i press down
  • apple swap me a new phone after this
  • new iphone 6 touchID sometimes does not work, 
  • apple swapped a screen for me
  • after that cellphone cannot auto-dim for whatever reason
  • apple swapped out a second screen for me 
  • annnnnnnnnd fast forward 3 years the cellphone itself starts to bend.

all these issues plus the latest gen macbook pro's hardware and software issues... 

hmmm............. 

dont pay too much attention on those "trendy" youtube video about apple's products...

if you nick pick any products, they all have flaws in some ways.

also I think the frustration parts coming from paying so much money for the thing and end up not working. on the other hand apple's customer service had always been good. at least for me. 

also sometimes after 1 thing we bought that has flaw in it we suspect everything else that company make is crap. it has something to do with our psychology, put it in another word just dont worry too much. buy it, use it, if got any problem, ask for apple's service. or buy applecare+.

If it is not broken, let's fix till it is.