OnePlus 5T (A week later)

Aleks NE

I ordered my OnePlus 5T on release and it took 15 days to arrive, the packaging was very nice (usual for One Plus) and it came with a pre-applied screen protector and a silicon case.

The design of the phone is good, fitting well into my hand and has many compliments from people I've shown it to, the only negative I have is the volume buttons, they are placed a lot lower than most phones making it a little awkward to change volume, especially if using the silicon case. 

Screen and Unlocking

The screen is very nice, it gets bright, and the aspect ration makes it awesome for viewing documents or playing games, however with youtube videos, you'll be getting black bars if you pinch the screen you can get it full screen but depending on the video, for example, MKBHD videos cut the top of his head off. At first, I thought the fingerprint sensor at the back will feel unnatural but it works great almost instantly and is placed in the perfect position, the face recognition is also very good it will sometimes show the lock screen for a split second but it's almost instant. 

TLDR;

Pros: 

DashCharge 

Cool built in oxygen os gimmicks like network usage.

Dedicated Mute, Silent and DND switch 

Doesn't come with bloatware like my S7 edge did

Fingerprint Sensor sensitivity 

Keyboard Gifs & Emojis 

Cons:
At first, I couldn't transfer more than one file to the phone. (Fixed by switching to USB 2.0 port and uninstalling the device driver than manually installing again).

Audio is weak through headphone jack, (comparing to an S7 Edge and S8 this makes headphones quiet)

No expandable storage 

Awkard Volume Buttons 

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Pangea2017 said:

@<Aleks> which headphone do you use? 

did weak mean a lot of noise?

Beats (Not sure on model my friend owns them) and DT770 Pros 80Ohms. The sound is a lot quieter compared to the S7 Edge, S8 and iPhone 6 I used them with.

On 2018. 01. 16. at 2:57 PM, <Aleks> said:

Beats (Not sure on model my friend owns them) and DT770 Pros 80Ohms. The sound is a lot quieter compared to the S7 Edge, S8 and iPhone 6 I used them with.

It is quieter but, it can be easily fixed with an equalizer app.

I'm using this one. It works well but, I'd disable it when you are not using Headphones because at least in my case it doesn't sound all that great but that could just be because I have a custom setting in the EQ that's mainly configured for Metal.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

Thx for the overview! 

How awkward is it to use the fingerprintsensor when the phone lays on a table for example? Do you use the face recognition for that instead of dial in your code? 

Thats actually the only thing stopping me from getting any of the new phones of 2017. They all have it on the back. 

I like the accessibility of it on my 3T but I came from an LGG4 which had the button on the back but lacked the fingerprintsensor so it wasnt that uncomfortable as I always had to put my code it and it also had tap to wake. 

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

4 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Thx for the overview! 

How awkward is it to use the fingerprintsensor when the phone lays on a table for example? Do you use the face recognition for that instead of dial in your code? 

Thats actually the only thing stopping me from getting any of the new phones of 2017. They all have it on the back. 

I like the accessibility of it on my 3T but I came from an LGG4 which had the button on the back but lacked the fingerprintsensor so it wasnt that uncomfortable as I always had to put my code it and it also had tap to wake. 

I have the S8+ and i can answer your question as they both have the same issue. I used to use the face recognition when it was laying flat on the table, but that one is awkward too as you have to lift your phone up either way so if you're not in a immediate hurry to change your phone, wait for newer gen phones that will have on-screen scanners or homebutton scanners. You could also go for a Razer Phone which has a scanner on the home button.

Don't forget to quote when replying to me

6 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Thx for the overview! 

I have face recognition set up and it works extremely fast on the 5T.

Not sure how secure it is but, honestly, I don't care all that much.

The fingerprint reader is in a nice spot but, for me at least the phone is overall a bit too big. 

It would be great if there was a smaller version

because in my opinion it's a bit awkward to handle a big phone like this when you only need it for a quick task but, I might just need to get used to it because I'm coming from an old 4" phone. 

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

23 hours ago, FloRolf said:

Thx for the overview! 

I find the finger print sensor very comfortable in the 5T, face recognition is fantastic too, it's very fast and accurate even in low light situations.