Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Michael McAllister

Etiquette Dilemma: Family and Christmas Gifts

Recommended Posts

Posted · Original PosterOP

For the past few weeks, my sister had been asking me random questions about Bluetooth and whether my computer supported it.  She had also asked me why I don't use wireless headphones.  I explained to her that it does make much sense considering I'm at my desk.

 

The earpads on my Beyerdyamics need replacing.  They're a bit grungy now that I've used them most days for a couple years now.  I told her this.  Christmas rolls around and she got me some Bluetooth headphones and USB receiver, which would be fine if I had a mobile phone.

 

Using them, of course, means not being able to use my amplifier, which I got in part for accessing the volume easier.  All of the controls for volume control and whatnot are built into the headphones.  I have fine-motor limitations so yeah...

 

 

What do I do here?  😟


My PC specifications are in my profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Michael McAllister said:

For the past few weeks, my sister had been asking me random questions about Bluetooth and whether my computer supported it.  She had also asked me why I don't use wireless headphones.  I explained to her that it does make much sense considering I'm at my desk.

 

The earpads on my Beyerdyamics need replacing.  They're a bit grungy now that I've used them most days for a couple years now.  I told her this.  Christmas rolls around and she got me some Bluetooth headphones and USB receiver, which would be fine if I had a mobile phone.

 

Using them, of course, means not being able to use my amplifier, which I got in part for accessing the volume easier.  All of the controls for volume control and whatnot are built into the headphones.  I have fine-motor limitations so yeah...

 

 

What do I do here?  😟

how much was what she got you?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I personally would use what is more comfortable as I feel that is the most important aspect of a pair of headphones or maybe use the ones she got you until you replace the ear pads on your current headphones.


System Specs

CPU: I7-5820k   MOBO:Asus X99 strix   RAM: 32gb corsair Dominator Platinum 2666mhz   GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming 980TI  PSU: Corsair RM1000i 

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/mg7k2R

Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

Using them, of course, means not being able to use my amplifier, which I got in part for accessing the volume easier.  All of the controls for volume control and whatnot are built into the headphones.  I have fine-motor limitations so yeah...

you may have volume controls on your keyboard.

also, there are bluetooth audio transmitters that allow you to use bluetooth headphones or speakers on devices with a regular headphone jack. 

 

518sBX1YPjL._SL1000_.jpg

 

you could plug this into your amp, pair it with your new headphones and use the bluetooth headphones like any normal wired headphones

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
11 minutes ago, BryceJonathan said:

I personally would use what is more comfortable as I feel that is the most important aspect of a pair of headphones or maybe use the ones she got you until you replace the ear pads on your current headphones.

 

Thing is if I don't use them, she will probably not be too happy.


My PC specifications are in my profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
8 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

you may have volume controls on your keyboard.

also, there are bluetooth audio transmitters that allow you to use bluetooth headphones or speakers on devices with a regular headphone jack. 

 

you could plug this into your amp, pair it with your new headphones and use the bluetooth headphones like any normal wired headphones

 

Unfortunately, I'm kind of limited on desk space.


My PC specifications are in my profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Michael McAllister said:

 

I'm not finding any that support a 1/4 inch jack.  Know of any?

61WWzMuLTlL._SL1000_.jpg

 

don't you have any of these around? i have a dozen of 'em flying around all over the house because one was included with every other pair of headphones i bought. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted · Original PosterOP
14 minutes ago, KenjiUmino said:

 

 

don't you have any of these around? i have a dozen of 'em flying around all over the house because one was included with every other pair of headphones i bought. 

 

I'm using an adapter right now on my O2 amp for my Beyerdymanics.  Wanted to avoid chaining together adapters as that would get clunky.  Of course, all of this is necessary because Bluetooth.

 

Love my sister. Appreciate the thought, but there should be some unwritten rule saying non-techies do not tech shop for techies...


My PC specifications are in my profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×