Help planning a run v2

Dreaper

Changed some things up so if people can help me that would be great by using paint. Its Hardline and i have two dual 45 and two 90's with 4 extenders and a ball valve for a drain

IMG_1725.JPG

Here's something I whipped up quickly.

IMG_1725.JPG.e6aaadf8201f117d80759ad685567233.thumb.JPG.e34ffb22f9649d122c7dfeef117e7c93.JPG

Where:

RED = Tubing (bend radii not accurate. Note the parallel lines)

YELLOW = Stop fitting

BLUE = 90 Rotary

GREEN = Dual 45 Rotary

PURPLE = Ball valve

RES_OUT->GPU: One roughly 45 degree bend with a 90 degree rotary on each end. Hopefully that tube should be parallel with the GPU most of the way. Parallel to CPU->RAD

RES: Stop fitting on IN port. Could have the valve here, but the GPU is lower.

GPU: Ball valve on either side with stop fitting. Stop fitting on other port.

GPU->CPU: Two bends. Must be parallel to CPU->RAD.

CPU->RAD: Two bends. You may need to experiment with the way the tube comes out of the CPU to make sure it looks similar to the GPU->CPU run.

RAD->RES: A combination of dual 45s and probably an extender or two. Hard to know from the picture.

I think that covers everything, but I did do this very quickly so I'm not sure. That's one layout i'd consider however.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

55 minutes ago, AperumDesign said:

Here's something I whipped up quickly.

Where:

RED = Tubing (bend radii not accurate. Note the parallel lines)

YELLOW = Stop fitting

BLUE = 90 Rotary

GREEN = Dual 45 Rotary

PURPLE = Ball valve

RES_OUT->GPU: One roughly 45 degree bend with a 90 degree rotary on each end. Hopefully that tube should be parallel with the GPU most of the way. Parallel to CPU->RAD

RES: Stop fitting on IN port. Could have the valve here, but the GPU is lower.

GPU: Ball valve on either side with stop fitting. Stop fitting on other port.

GPU->CPU: Two bends. Must be parallel to CPU->RAD.

CPU->RAD: Two bends. You may need to experiment with the way the tube comes out of the CPU to make sure it looks similar to the GPU->CPU run.

RAD->RES: A combination of dual 45s and probably an extender or two. Hard to know from the picture.

I think that covers everything, but I did do this very quickly so I'm not sure. That's one layout i'd consider however.

Nice concept but without a multi fillport this setup will not work since there is no way to completely fill and bleed the system. He will also need to get a internal res tube otherwise it will trickle in the reservoir.

@Dreaper I am on holiday at the moment so may not be able to draw one up for a few days.

2 hours ago, For Science! said:

Nice concept but without a multi fillport this setup will not work since there is no way to completely fill and bleed the system. He will also need to get a internal res tube otherwise it will trickle in the reservoir.

@Dreaper I am on holiday at the moment so may not be able to draw one up for a few days.

Good point. Spent too much time with heatkiller reservoirs recently. Could be solved with a T-fitting and M-M extender but up to the OP.

Case Design | CAD | Custom Watercooling Parts | Loop Design | Cable Sleeving and Management 

Fittings Guide  |  Most recent completed build: Glass & Aluminium  |  Current build(s): Project Starscream

On 12/25/2017 at 9:00 PM, For Science! said:

So what do i need?

33 minutes ago, Dreaper said:

So what do i need?

I've planned one in my head. it will require you to flip your radiator so the ports are in the basement area. will draw it up tonignt.

Flip the rad and run it parallel. If the drain port if placed correctly you could almost drain the whole thing. Could be cleaner too. Just need some 90’s for the rad at least. 

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

Kinda like this, but you know, pump wont be in the basement. Would be even better doing hardline with pass throughs when and if you do that.

IMG_1221.JPG

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz

@Dreaper This is what I would do. Both 90 degree fittings on the pump so you can have tubes coming off vertically. Both dual-45s on the radiator-side for easy exit out of the basement. On the far port (towards the back of the picture) place your drain port via the male-to-male dual rotary and the T-splitter. This will let you drain >80% of the loop.

Try to bend the tubes so that the GPU --> CPU connection is parallel with the CPU --> Res connection. Rotate your pump res to find the most convinient port matching. The GPU --> CPU bend is difficult with 4 positions, so good luck.

I would recommend for future you to draw up a loop you like, this way you'll also start to be able to learn what may look good and also work ;)

Untitled-2-01.thumb.png.832ce392bdc8a61c8f3728bf734b24e4.png

13 hours ago, For Science! said:

@Dreaper This is what I would do. Both 90 degree fittings on the pump so you can have tubes coming off vertically. Both dual-45s on the radiator-side for easy exit out of the basement. On the far port (towards the back of the picture) place your drain port via the male-to-male dual rotary and the T-splitter. This will let you drain >80% of the loop.

Try to bend the tubes so that the GPU --> CPU connection is parallel with the CPU --> Res connection. Rotate your pump res to find the most convinient port matching. The GPU --> CPU bend is difficult with 4 positions, so good luck.

I would recommend for future you to draw up a loop you like, this way you'll also start to be able to learn what may look good and also work ;)

Untitled-2-01.thumb.png.832ce392bdc8a61c8f3728bf734b24e4.png

only reason i didnt draw my own up is because i wouldnt have known to flip the rad or rotate the pump or whatever, as for what looks good i like pretty much everything