Graphics Related Issues

toastythomas
Go to solution Solved by Bananasplit_00,
Just now, toastythomas said:

I haven't touched the GPU settings at all. 

ok then i guess onto general troubleshooting then:

after each step, check the result. if one step fixes it then great, if you go through ALL OF THIS, even the reinstall of windows then there is hardware level damage to the CPU or mobo

run crystaldisk info and check drive health

check ALL CABLES at BOTH ENDS

reset CMOS

remove the graphics card and try on the IGPU

try the GPU in another system

if the IGPU still has problems its probably not the GPU, if the IGPU has no problems then its graphics card related and you should probably try RMA it, but you can also try:

run memtest 86, any errors mean that there is a problem with that RAM stick

try each ram stick alone in the first slot

reseat CPU

check for any scratches or damage

reinstall windows, clean

I updated my Nvidia drivers to 388.71 a couple of days ago prior to experiencing the PUBG launch. I go to play PUBG, the game says, "Running..." for a couple of seconds and then acts like I never clicked play to start with. I would place this thread on a PUBG related forum, but I also have issues with other games now. When I try to launch Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, I see the main menu for a second and then my screen goes black but the game is still running and controllable. I also tried to play Battlefield 4 last night but was unable to connect to any servers due to Punkbuster kicking me the second I get into any games. I've rolled back to 388.59 and the problem still persists. I've also tried reinstalling PUBG, reinstalling Microsoft C++ files and looking up game specific no launch fixes. None of these work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Remember to drink water!

When you rolled back did you use DDU?

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

run DDU and install latest, will probably solve it

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

34 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

43 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

What is "DDU"?

Remember to drink water!

8 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

What is "DDU"?

Display Driver Uninstaller, get it from here:

http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, zombienerd said:

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

Used DDU and reinstalled latest. The problem persists.

Remember to drink water!

1 minute ago, toastythomas said:

Try DDU and installing the last known working driver (388.59).  

Main Rig:

Case: Lian Li Lancool Mesh RGB

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600 

Cooler: CoolerMaster MasterLiquid 240

MB: MSI B550 Gaming Pro Carbon 

Ram: Gskill DDR4 3600 x 32GB 

GPU: Asus Arez Strix Vega 64 OC

PS: Seasonic FOCUS Gold Plus Series SSR-750FX

SSD1: Crucial P1 1TB NVME

SSD2: Adata SU800 512gb M.2 Sata

HDD: Hitatchi 2tb 7200RPM + 3x 2TB WD Passport USB 3.0

Monitors: AOC C24G1

Keyboard: Cheap Blue Knockoff Mechanical

Mouse: Uhuru Gaming Mouse

Current Vintage Equipment:  Please ask me about it, I love to talk old tech!
IBM Thinkpad 390, IBM Aptiva A12, IBM PS/2 Model 25-004.  Compaq Contura 4/25C, Presario 7596
Asus P5A-B Socket 7 Box, Tandy 1000RLX-HD "B" & 1200-2FD, VIC20, Zenith ZFL-181-93, Packard Bell 300SX.

Apple II/gs, Mac Plus x2, Mac SE x2, Performa 450

42 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

DDU and install latest working i guess?

Builds:

Spoiler

43 minutes ago, zombienerd said:

Try DDU and installing the last known working driver (388.59).  

3 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

DDU and install latest working i guess?

Problem persists.

Remember to drink water!

2 minutes ago, toastythomas said:

Problem persists.

and no overclocks right? and nothing applying an overclock like MSI afterburner or whatever?

Builds:

Spoiler

Just now, Bananasplit_00 said:

and no overclocks right? and nothing applying an overclock like MSI afterburner or whatever?

Remember to drink water!

after each step, check the result. if one step fixes it then great, if you go through ALL OF THIS, even the reinstall of windows then there is hardware level damage to the CPU or mobo

reset CMOS

if the IGPU still has problems its probably not the GPU, if the IGPU has no problems then its graphics card related and you should probably try RMA it, but you can also try:

reseat CPU

reinstall windows, clean

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

reset CMOS

reseat CPU

reinstall windows, clean

Okay. I'll try these but all of my other games work well. It's only PUBG and MW2.

Remember to drink water!

Okay. I'll try these but all of my other games work well. It's only PUBG and MW2.

yah thats extremely strange and why id recomend starting with checking drive health, could be that they have data in a bad sector or something

Builds:

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

yah thats extremely strange and why id recomend starting with checking drive health, could be that they have data in a bad sector or something

Okay. That makes sense. I'll get to it.

Remember to drink water!

On 12/23/2017 at 1:50 PM, Bananasplit_00 said:

I reinstalled Windows and the problem is no more. :)

Remember to drink water!