TCL TV doesn't recognize HDMI 2.0 signal from PC

Joshawa

Hi all, I don't really post that often but I really could use some help.

I have an awesome TV, it's a TCL 4K 50" Tv. I'm trying to connect my PC (Ryzen 7 system with 2 1080 Tis) to this TV, and display over HDMI 2.0 to my TV at 4k60.

My TV let's me dictate that I want the HDMI port to run at HDMI 2.0 standards, so I set it to that. My PC recognizes this and allows me to turn things like HDR on within the settings, and my PC detects the TV still when I have the TV set at HDMI 2.0. However the TV asks if any signal is coming through.

I checked the HDMI cable I bought on Amazon, and it says it's rated at HDMI 2.0b speeds (Cable Found Here) I know my gpus are capable of it the TV is set to 2.0 and the HDMI cable supports it, but I can't get it to work.

I was able to get it working properly when I originally set it up, and since then the only thing that's changed is I updated my driver's.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, if I missed any relevant info please let me know. The TV does get a signal when I set it to HDMI 1.4 and it runs at 4k30. Thank you all in advance :)

Would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions with this issue :)

• 3 months later...

Im having the same issue as well. Let me know if you get it going. Mine doesnt work on 1.4 or 2.0 and Im connecting to a GTX 1080 to the 55" 4k HDR TCL. Same as you my PC sees it and allows HDR and stuff. Nothing on the TV just asking if its connected. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem. PC recognizes 4k @ 60hz but my 55" TCL won't pick up the HDMI 2.0 signal. Thanks for nothing Linus.

On 12/22/2017 at 11:01 PM, Joshawa said:

Hi all, I don't really post that often but I really could use some help.

I have an awesome TV, it's a TCL 4K 50" Tv. I'm trying to connect my PC (Ryzen 7 system with 2 1080 Tis) to this TV, and display over HDMI 2.0 to my TV at 4k60.

My TV let's me dictate that I want the HDMI port to run at HDMI 2.0 standards, so I set it to that. My PC recognizes this and allows me to turn things like HDR on within the settings, and my PC detects the TV still when I have the TV set at HDMI 2.0. However the TV asks if any signal is coming through.

I checked the HDMI cable I bought on Amazon, and it says it's rated at HDMI 2.0b speeds (Cable Found Here) I know my gpus are capable of it the TV is set to 2.0 and the HDMI cable supports it, but I can't get it to work.

I was able to get it working properly when I originally set it up, and since then the only thing that's changed is I updated my driver's.

Any suggestions would be most helpful, if I missed any relevant info please let me know. The TV does get a signal when I set it to HDMI 1.4 and it runs at 4k30. Thank you all in advance :)

I figured it out. I just updated my gpu with the latest drivers and it worked