Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Been folding for a while, but now I am part of this awesome team!

Been folding for a while, but now I am part of this awesome team!

Excellent! Welcome to gang!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

i'm in as well, and glad to join you fine folks =^_^=

BTW: have anyone seen GPU folding results from a Nvidia Titan ?

/* no comment */

Just joined. 

How is the team ranking at the moment anyways?

I did some folding for another team for quite a while but took a break due to power costs. Today I just started up again under the LTT team and I'm hoping to get some points in for both teams when I can. 80,000 PPD on my SLI 670s!

i'm in too

Welcome to the team guys!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Joined!

Welcome to the gang!

Joined!!

Welcome. Be sure to post your rig specs in the Rig topic :)

Hello everyone I have just joined the team the other day. I am pretty sure I did everything right it was so easy it leaves you wondering  :blink:. I have been trying to find guides on how to tweak the settings so that I can get the most performance out of the program. I can fold most of the time since I just watch YouTube videos and live streams, my pc is pretty over powered for what I use it for lol. But any help on how to set the preferences would be great even a forum link that shows it that I missed. Thanks and I am glad to be apart of the team!  :)

i5 3570k @ 4.4GHZ / AMD 7950 @ 1100 GPU - 1400 MEMORY / 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE @ 1600MHZ 

Hello everyone I have just joined the team the other day. I am pretty sure I did everything right it was so easy it leaves you wondering  :blink:. I have been trying to find guides on how to tweak the settings so that I can get the most performance out of the program. I can fold most of the time since I just watch YouTube videos and live streams, my pc is pretty over powered for what I use it for lol. But any help on how to set the preferences would be great even a forum link that shows it that I missed. Thanks and I am glad to be apart of the team!  :)

If just watching Youtube and such, you can actually put the Slider to Full to max out your Folding power... other then that, just leave it at Medium. I set the screen saver to come on after 5 minutes, to minimize waiting for "idle" time.

Sure thing thanks for the reply!

i5 3570k @ 4.4GHZ / AMD 7950 @ 1100 GPU - 1400 MEMORY / 16GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE @ 1600MHZ 

I joined!

how do you know if its actually working?

edit: nvm that question.. im an idiot.

Welcome to the gang!

I joined!

how do you know if its actually working?

edit: nvm that question.. im an idiot.

No, not an idiot - just new software. :)

Welcome to the team.

Joined the folding team today ;)

Welcome to the club!!

Just joined, but... my GPU start folding but my 3770K doesn't start.

Does anybody knows why ?

Just joined, but... my GPU start folding but my 3770K doesn't start.

Does anybody knows why ?

Have you tried a simply PC restart? This will sometimes kick start the CPU. Also, in the Advanced Mode, you can go to Configure, and then the Slots tab. From there, delete the listed CPU slot and re-add a CPU slot. Leaving it at -1 is fine, that is to auto detect.

Welcome!

Have you tried a simply PC restart? This will sometimes kick start the CPU. Also, in the Advanced Mode, you can go to Configure, and then the Slots tab. From there, delete the listed CPU slot and re-add a CPU slot. Leaving it at -1 is fine, that is to auto detect.

Welcome!

Thanks, re-adding the CPU slot works. !