Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

my 780ti started acting up. screen started flickering end stuff i am back on a older driver.

to bad that i am only getting core 15 projects makes my card coil whine  :(

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

my 780ti started acting up. screen started flickering end stuff i am back on a older driver.

to bad that i am only getting core 15 projects makes my card coil whine  :(

You and me both mate, Thats all I've been getting for my 780 for about a week........ :angry:

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Ya, there may be an issue with the newest drivers in their rush to get the 970/980 support out...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

so you guys also have the screen flickering and kernel crash when you pause the GPU WU´s? 

having these issues on my work machine with the dual 680´s 

not on my 980...

Main Rig : i7 5960X - 16GB DDR4 LPX 2400mhz - Asus Rampage V - 980GTX Ti - AX1200i - 650D - H110 - 1TB 840 EVO SSD - 30 inch HP 1600p IPS + 2xHP 20 inch 1600x1200 PLP setup! - Oculus DK2 - Logitech G502 - Corsair K70 RGB - Fanatec GT3 Wheel

i7 3930K - 16GB DDR3 2133mhz - Asus Rampage IV - 2 x 680GTX - AX850 - 550D - H100i - 256GB 830 Pro SSD - 2713HM 1440p IPS - G5 -

i5 3570K - MSI SLI Z87 motherboard - 4GB Corsair 1600mhz - Adaptec 31205 - Dell Perc 5/i - Intel Quad PT1000 Gigabit Network Card - Loads of 4TB RED's - +-70tb total storrage - HX850watts - Ri-Vier 24bay 4 U case

Ya, there may be an issue with the newest drivers in their rush to get the 970/980 support out...

Might reload some older drivers and see how that works out.

so you guys also have the screen flickering and kernel crash when you pause the GPU WU´s? 

having these issues on my work machine with the dual 680´s 

not on my 980...

Apart from the low core projects, and My cpu WU's stalling, I haven't had anything else happen.

I got the CPU wu's rolling again by reinstalling the F@H client again :(

MOBO: ASUS X79 Pro CPU: i7 3820 Ram: Corsair Vengence 32Gb 2133mhz (8x4) GPU: 2 x Sapphire R9 290 in X-fire PSU: Seasonic G series 750w Drives: 1 x 750 gig WD black, 3x WD Black 1TB, 1 x Segate Barrcuda 1 TB, 1 x Toshiba 2TB, Intel 520 240gig SSD Case: Enthoo Primo w/ Green and Blue LED lighting.

Anyone ever try to write off a portion of their electricity bill for F@H? It is donating to a form of charity!!! He he im going to try it.

You can't be serious.  Hyperthreading is a market joke?

Anyone ever try to write off a portion of their electricity bill for F@H? It is donating to a form of charity!!! He he im going to try it.

It's not an official charity with a registered number, so the CRA nor IRS will accept it....

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Still only getting 77k with my 970.........currently folding WU # 7626. 

Setup folding@home on my old desktop an i'm getting  600 points per day.

Ah..well what can you expect from a Pentium D 820....

Setup folding@home on my old desktop an i'm getting  600 points per day.

Ah..well what can you expect from a Pentium D 820....

Welcome to the fold, enjoy you new addiction..............

Do we get paid?

for what? folding? no, why would we, it's all voluntary.

for what? folding? no, why would we, it's all voluntary.

Oh, not worth it then.

Hi! Guys me and my cousin are thinking to get into folding but I don't know what will it do to my system and my cousin's, any advantages and disadvantages especially for my cousin since he's processor is not that you know beefy. my specs are on my signature. my cousin's specs are AMD A8-5600K 8GB of RAM A-Data and an AMD R7 265 2GB GDDR5 sorry if it's a dumb question but were just making sure systems all fine we do really wanna help for a cause while gaming or just when our PCs are online. #PCMasterRace

Edit: Our Internet isn't powerful at all so does this affect the speed of computing and sending of info?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | COOLING: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX | MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3-1866 | STORAGE: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II (2-Way SLI) | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | DISPLAY: ASUS PB278Q 27.0" (2560 x 1440) | KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | SOUND: Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers / Razer Kraken Chroma | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi! Guys me and my cousin are thinking to get into folding but I don't know what will it do to my system and my cousin's, any advantages and disadvantages especially for my cousin since he's processor is not that you know beefy. my specs are on my signature. my cousin's specs are AMD A8-5600K 8GB of RAM A-Data and an AMD R7 265 2GB GDDR5 sorry if it's a dumb question but were just making sure systems all fine we do really wanna help for a cause while gaming or just when our PCs are online. #PCMasterRace

Edit: Our Internet isn't powerful at all so does this affect the speed of computing and sending of info?

you shouldn't worry about the internet speed, you download a workload, let the computer compute and finish the project, then you upload what you have done, it's not something that goes continuously all the time, each individual project is fairly small.

As anything when your hardware is at 100% load it will degrade faster, but not to the point that there is anything you have to worry about, the hardware was made to be used, and that's what folding does, takes advantage of the processing power that is otherwise not used. I wouldn't run folding while gaming or doing other intensive tasks though, but it's fine to run it while web browsing/watching videos etc..

both your cousins computer, and especially yours should do just fine.

Having some issues atm. My GPU isnt working all of a sudden with F@H. It works awesome with everything else though. I came home and found it no longer folding. F@H doesn't bring it under load at all. Stuck @ 0% progress and 1679 PPD lol. Tried multiple restarts and system restarts as well.

Having some issues atm. My GPU isnt working all of a sudden with F@H. It works awesome with everything else though. I came home and found it no longer folding. F@H doesn't bring it under load at all. Stuck @ 0% progress and 1679 PPD lol. Tried multiple restarts and system restarts as well.

i just ran into this issue aswell, i started with failing 3 wu's then it just stopped working altogether.. tried tweaking and mixing abit but nothing happens.

i just ran into this issue aswell, i started with failing 3 wu's then it just stopped working altogether.. tried tweaking and mixing abit but nothing happens.

My CPU is folding fine as always. My GPU is now showing as doing nothing at all now. No WU number or PPD. It is just blank. Not sure what is going on. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't help.

you shouldn't worry about the internet speed, you download a workload, let the computer compute and finish the project, then you upload what you have done, it's not something that goes continuously all the time, each individual project is fairly small.

As anything when your hardware is at 100% load it will degrade faster, but not to the point that there is anything you have to worry about, the hardware was made to be used, and that's what folding does, takes advantage of the processing power that is otherwise not used. I wouldn't run folding while gaming or doing other intensive tasks though, but it's fine to run it while web browsing/watching videos etc..

both your cousins computer, and especially yours should do just fine.

Can you exactly give me the size of workload? because we live in the philippines the net here is hell :( but we'll try

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.0GHz | COOLING: Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS Maximus VII Formula ATX | MEMORY: Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16GB (2 x 8) DDR3-1866 | STORAGE: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD + Seagate Barracuda 3TB HDD | PSU: Corsair AX860i 80+ Platinum | GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 780Ti DirectCU II (2-Way SLI) | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe (Black) | DISPLAY: ASUS PB278Q 27.0" (2560 x 1440) | KEYBOARD: Razer BlackWidow Chroma | MOUSE: Razer Deathadder Chroma | SOUND: Logitech Z906 5.1 Speakers / Razer Kraken Chroma | OS: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Anyone having issues, please start separate threads, post a screen shot of the advanced for and the log, so we can ry and figure out what is going on.

My CPU is folding fine as always. My GPU is now showing as doing nothing at all now. No WU number or PPD. It is just blank. Not sure what is going on. I even tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it didn't help.

I reinstalled straight over the top of the original F@H client. Seemed to fix it. I hit the finish button first and waited for the current units to finish. I think its a local problem, and not related to the F@H servers. Something must be buggy in the software.

nice, good work!!

so i just realized im in the top 200 on kako and top 450on the offical.. so excited, i might hit 1M this week!

well main rig just has wu's that failed on the GPU and CPU , all of them where BAD WU ERRORS....

Main Rig : i7 5960X - 16GB DDR4 LPX 2400mhz - Asus Rampage V - 980GTX Ti - AX1200i - 650D - H110 - 1TB 840 EVO SSD - 30 inch HP 1600p IPS + 2xHP 20 inch 1600x1200 PLP setup! - Oculus DK2 - Logitech G502 - Corsair K70 RGB - Fanatec GT3 Wheel

i7 3930K - 16GB DDR3 2133mhz - Asus Rampage IV - 2 x 680GTX - AX850 - 550D - H100i - 256GB 830 Pro SSD - 2713HM 1440p IPS - G5 -

i5 3570K - MSI SLI Z87 motherboard - 4GB Corsair 1600mhz - Adaptec 31205 - Dell Perc 5/i - Intel Quad PT1000 Gigabit Network Card - Loads of 4TB RED's - +-70tb total storrage - HX850watts - Ri-Vier 24bay 4 U case