Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Thank you, just reading the post was very helpful I am already more PPD than my last team I was on. Doing very well for one GPU.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

Ok, just give it a few WU's - I know some don't utilize the full system.

Ok thanks for the info  :)

It seems I'm folding head to head with xXxYOLOxSWAGxXx_420Blazelt. Some days I'm ahead and others not. I'm using my gaming PC for folding while I'm at work. 2x Xeon E5-2680 and a GTX770

The joy of competition! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

i really wish corsair would kick their butts into high gear and get me that replacement psu already, so i can finally get mini malossi up and running again, i have been idling for too long!

their customer service has been absolutely horrifying, i am basicly talking to a drone that only serves me generic answers and ignores all my questions, then he has the nerve to leave it with *. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.* i did in fact ask several specific questions but you ignored them you useless dingus.

im getting 350K now with my 7970's :)

hmm i only get 41-46k got a gtx 680 + 570  :unsure:

fractal define r4 - msi z77 mpower - i5 3570k 4.5ghz -alphacool water cooling+noctua -gtx 780ti-1323mhz-1.25v - corsair ax760i -vertex 4 120gb x2 - 840 evo 500gb - asus xonar dgx 

corsair k70 - logitech g502 - sennheiser game zero - logitech z906 5.1 -samsung 46" iiyama 27"144hz - http://gabegaming.com/

i really wish corsair would kick their butts into high gear and get me that replacement psu already, so i can finally get mini malossi up and running again, i have been idling for too long!

their customer service has been absolutely horrifying, i am basicly talking to a drone that only serves me generic answers and ignores all my questions, then he has the nerve to leave it with *. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thank you.* i did in fact ask several specific questions but you ignored them you useless dingus.

Sounds like my current issues with dealing with Gigabyte support.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

After a week of folding it seems to have leveled off around 170k PPD for the GTX 780 Ti, for them that want to know.

(CPU) i9 9900K  (MB)ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I   (RAM) Royal Z Gold 2x8GB  40000DDR4 (GPU) Radeon VII  (CASE) Shift-X  (Storage)M.2 ADATA XPG8200 Pro/  (PSU)Corsair SF750 (COOLING)-H100I Pro   Folding ID Tim_Kelly

After a week of folding it seems to have leveled off around 170k PPD for the GTX 780 Ti, for them that want to know.

Good number!

just passed the 1.1 mil mark! woot! 

I do have a problem tho -_- on my other rig when I GPU fold on my hd 6990 it crashes and for the life of me I can't pinpoint the problem -_- It will happily fold on just the CPU with no problems but when i add the GPU it will reboot at some point when i'm not watching -__-

extremely irritating -_-

just passed the 1.1 mil mark! woot! 

I do have a problem tho -_- on my other rig when I GPU fold on my hd 6990 it crashes and for the life of me I can't pinpoint the problem -_- It will happily fold on just the CPU with no problems but when i add the GPU it will reboot at some point when i'm not watching -__-

extremely irritating -_-

Any overclocks? Check the log in Advanced View, see if it is reporting anything? If still having issues, start a new thread and we can trouble shoot from there...

Any overclocks? Check the log in Advanced View, see if it is reporting anything? If still having issues, start a new thread and we can trouble shoot from there...

The GPU is not overclocked. but I'm not too bothered about it atm I have midterms to keep me busy and i do plan to re-purpose that rig soon enough so it wont be folding 24/7 anyways xD

The GPU is not overclocked. but I'm not too bothered about it atm I have midterms to keep me busy and i do plan to re-purpose that rig soon enough so it wont be folding 24/7 anyways xD

could be a psu problem if the system can't handle the load.

could be a psu problem if the system can't handle the load.

it's a possibility but i highly doubt it, its a 1350w powering a 990x @4.6ghz and a single HD6990, it should way more than enough unless it ages very badly o_o

at any rate I don't have any spare PSU's at hand to test out this theory :/

Hey guys, I'm just here to tell you that I just started contributing a bit of processing to the team! I used to do a bit of this back when the PS3 client was still a thing, but it sort of faded out of memory. Something reminded me of it and I've decided to start again. Figured I'd join this group because this forum has been great.

Hey guys, I'm just here to tell you that I just started contributing a bit of processing to the team! I used to do a bit of this back when the PS3 client was still a thing, but it sort of faded out of memory. Something reminded me of it and I've decided to start again. Figured I'd join this group because this forum has been great.

Welcome to the Fold!

Also everyone, big milestone yesterday. Tweeted out about the team passing the 1.5 BILLION point mark!

WAY to go everyone!!

Welcome to the Fold :)

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

Seeing how I'm at work most of the time, i decided to put my PC back into folding. First time folding for this team though.

* There isn't a dedicated program for GPU folding anymore? So I just run the one I can download from the folding page?

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Seeing how I'm at work most of the time, i decided to put my PC back into folding. First time folding for this team though.

* There isn't a dedicated program for GPU folding anymore? So I just run the one I can download from the folding page?

nice, welcome to the team, not sure if i got the question right, but you download the standard folding client from the main page, then you can manage both cpu and gpu folding from that single client, so it would seem you got the right impression.

It took me around 10 years of CPU folding on my last team to make it to 400k points lol glad to be on such a helpful team almost to 2mill points in two weeks now. Thanks to GPU folding

nice, welcome to the team, not sure if i got the question right, but you download the standard folding client from the main page, then you can manage both cpu and gpu folding from that single client, so it would seem you got the right impression.

Yea, there used to be separate clients for CPU and GPU folding. Up and running now. Gonna play some games for now, then back to folding when I sleep and when I'm at work.

CPU: Intel Core i7 950 MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth X58  Cooler: Scythe Ninja 3 + Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850 RAM: 3 x 2 GB Corsair Value Ram, 3 x 4 GB Corsair Value Ram GPU: MSI GTX 780 Lightning; SSD: Corsair Force 3 128GB Storage: 1 x 1 TB HDD (Samsung + 2 WD + Seagate) Case: CM 690 II Advanced Mouse: Steelseries Ikari + Steelseries Qck Mini Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 Controller: Microsoft XBox 360 Wireless Controller Instrument (Rocksmith 2014): Yamaha BB414

Just started :) Although I had a few unstable bumps running a 4.6GHz OC at 100% CPU load :P

Edit: Also, how do you receive the F@H Member User Award? Ty

Yea, there used to be separate clients for CPU and GPU folding. Up and running now. Gonna play some games for now, then back to folding when I sleep and when I'm at work.

nice, fold like a champ.

It took me around 10 years of CPU folding on my last team to make it to 400k points lol glad to be on such a helpful team almost to 2mill points in two weeks now. Thanks to GPU folding

for the most part the points really lie with gpu folding due to how gpu's work, the only way you can see good point return on cpu's is by doing big advanced units, but that project might be doing downhill and it's a couple thousand dollar investment, i myself think cpu's should recieve a bonus so people don't steer away from cpu's entierly but oh well.. 

Just started :) Although I had a few unstable bumps running a 4.6GHz OC at 100% CPU load :P

Edit: Also, how do you receive the F@H Member User Award? Ty

if you would have taken a look this is in the very op of the thread you just posted in

HOW do I get one of those fancy Badges?? Check here:

http://linustechtips...dated-oct-2013/

that said, if you got more questions you should Pm whaler_99 as he is the badge lord around these parts, oh! and welcome to the team.

Welcome to the new members. And yes I wield the ban-hamm.. I mean Badge-hammer. :D