Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

it wasn't running 24 hrs. thats just what i got. it says my total PPD is 150,000 ( i don't believe that probably closer too 100). Might have it run for a day to see.

How can i get rid of my Rookie status? 

Also what is better using the chrome app for cpu or the desktop app?

Your "rookie" status will be auto updated once you hit the post requirements for the next level.

The desktop app is better, the WU's are more difficult, so you get better points, and you can use the GPU - Chrome folding only does the CPU.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Thanks, i like your cat!

ok will just use the desktop app now, instead of both. the chrome app seemed quicker (probably just because i could see the bar moving aha!)

If you read the same things as others and say the same things they say, then you're perceived as intelligent.

I'm a bit more radical... Woz

My electricity bill went up 50%. great scott.

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

it's easy to calculate an estimate of how much electricity you are using and how much it costs, we don't have to play guessing games, that is if you are worried about the power bill, you would be surprised how much power lights actually use.

You must have had a lot of systems running. Folding does draw extra power, but just one system typically won't make that much of a difference. With two 4P systems, two GPU folders and a couple other random units it cost me about $100 a month in power.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

You must have had a lot of systems running. Folding does draw extra power, but just one system typically won't make that much of a difference. With two 4P systems, two GPU folders and a couple other random units it cost me about $100 a month in power.

holy shit, you must have amazing electricity prices, and that's why i wrote my earlier comment, i don't want people to quit folding on false pretences, it isn't magic, there are factual numbers, you can find out roughly how much you are spending then proceed to make the decision if you want to continue or not, avoid playing guessing games.

Here are my Winter Rates:

Electricity:
*Off-peak Winter 0.072000 
*Mid-peak Winter 0.109000
*On-peak Winter 0.129000 

We are billed different amounts based on time of day...

Electricity:
*On-peak Winter 0.129000 

that's good I have 0.14251

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

it's easy to calculate an estimate of how much electricity you are using and how much it costs, we don't have to play guessing games, that is if you are worried about the power bill, you would be surprised how much power lights actually use.

Won't mean I'll stop folding ;) I just want to figure out what I should cut down on and what I should keep up.

CPU \\ i7-3770K@4.6GHz Motherboard \\ MSI MPower Z77 RAM \\ 16GB 1886 Patriot Viper 3 GPU \\ EVGA GTX 670 SC+ 4GB CASE \\ Corsair 600T SE White Storage \\ Western Digital Black 2TB PSU \\ Seasonic SS-760XP2 Cooling \\ H100i + 3 Swiftech Helix 120s 

I just joined as well under the name Kyle_B. I thought I sholuld join because I live in Grant County WA which has the lowest electricity costs in the nation because of the 3 dams that are in the county. Well technically there is 2.3333 because Grand Coulee Dam is shared with 2 other counties Douglas and Okanogan

There is no such thing as a stupid question, but there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

joined back made a new rig bought buy Bitcoin :)

uznj.png

leaving this on always :) adding maybe 2 more in the future.

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

Electricity:
*On-peak Winter 0.129000 

that seems pretty darn good? i'm paying about average 0,167 atleast google tells me 1 nok = 0,167$, so i should be paying around 840$ a year for my 4p folder, and that is not an insignificant ammount.

I just joined as well under the name Kyle_B. I thought I sholuld join because I live in Grant County WA which has the lowest electricity costs in the nation because of the 3 dams that are in the county. Well technically there is 2.3333 because Grand Coulee Dam is shared with 2 other counties Douglas and Okanogan

Welcome to the Fold :) 

Rig CPU Intel i5 3570K at 4.2 GHz - MB MSI Z77A-GD55 - RAM Kingston 8GB 1600 mhz - GPU XFX 7870 Double D - Keyboard Logitech G710+

Case Corsair 600T - Storage Intel 330 120GB, WD Blue 1TB - CPU Cooler Noctua NH-D14 - Displays Dell U2312HM, Asus VS228, Acer AL1715

i joined by the same name ShotDC hello!

that seems pretty darn good? i'm paying about average 0,167 atleast google tells me 1 nok = 0,167$, so i should be paying around 840$ a year for my 4p folder, and that is not an insignificant ammount.

Yikes! :)

just got the Google chrome folding extension set up on 15 work computers hope it helps

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

just got the Google chrome folding extension set up on 15 work computers hope it helps

Welcome to all the new members, great to comeback after a week and see allot of new people joined  :D

CPU: AMD - Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Windforce OC | Motherboard: ASUS STRIX B350-F GAMING ATX AM4 | SSD: Samsung 840 Pro SSD 256 GB | HDD 1:  WD Black 2 TB | HDD 2: WD Green 1.5 TB | PSU: BitFenix Whisper M 650W 80+ Gold Certified | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3200 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D

@Whaler_99

is this a good score for 2 7970's? going to add my 2 gtx 660ti's to fold to soon.

2fh2.png

EOC folding stats - Folding stats - My web folding page stats

Summer Glau: Quote's The future is worth fighting for. Serenity

My linux setup: CPU: I7 2600K @4.5Ghz, MM: Corsair 16GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Radeon his iceq x2 7970, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 750 plus Gold modular

My gaming setup: CPU: I7 3770K @4.7Ghz, MM: Corsair 32GB vengeance @1600Mhz, GPU: 2 Way Gigabyte RX580 8GB, MB: Asus sabertooth Z77, PSU: Corsair 860i Platinum modular

@Whaler_99

is this a good score for 2 7970's? going to add my 2 gtx 660ti's to fold to soon.

that is pretty awesome for those cards! Nice job!

@Whaler_99

that just blows my mind how you get such a high score with those two cards, looks like you are going to set up a pretty beastly gpu farm, good luck and nice job.

Anyone know why on the 9th everyone seemed to have a ridiculous PPD?

No clue, but you are right - lot more points. I can only assume something went a little wacko with the stats servers...