Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Just joined and made my friend join. I got 2 pc's' date=' he also got 2.[/quote']

Awesome and welcome to the team!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

just joined.

Welcome to the gang!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

i just started folding. Now i just want to make sure i am in the linus team. How can i do so? I am new to this stuff.
Thank you guys. I am a part of the team now. :)

Just joined, think I have it set up right, but I'm not appearing as a team member on the users list on Extreme overclocking..

And btw is 9953 PPD for CPU and 2726 for GPU any good? Thanks

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Just joined' date=' think I have it set up right, but I'm not appearing as a team member on the users list on Extreme overclocking.. And btw is 9953 PPD for CPU and 2726 for GPU any good? Thanks [/quote']

What CPU and GPU? :)

Also, can take 24-48 hours to show up on those sites...

Just joined the folding but I am not sure does the team number have " - " or no. I guess just 223518?

I am not sure if I have set it up correctly. But I hope I have since it has started and it has the team number but it gave my name an underscore so is that all right as well? Sorry first time trying just got a lot of questions.

Just joined, lets make this team 1# :D getting 33502 atm

Just joined the folding but I am not sure does the team number have " - " or no. I guess just 223518? I am not sure if I have set it up correctly. But I hope I have since it has started and it has the team number but it gave my name an underscore so is that all right as well? Sorry first time trying just got a lot of questions.

Nope - no dash - just the numbers. :D Welcome!

Just joined' date=' lets make this team 1# :D getting 33502 atm[/quote']

Welcome to the gang!

Just joined' date=' think I have it set up right, but I'm not appearing as a team member on the users list on Extreme overclocking.. And btw is 9953 PPD for CPU and 2726 for GPU any good? Thanks [/quote']

FX8320 @ 3.7ghz and Radeon 6970, and thanks

Main Rig:

Spoiler

AMD FX 8320 @4.5Ghz  8GB Corsair Vengeance LP Blu 1600Mhz Sapphire Vapor X HD 7950 3GB 120GB Samsung 840 Evo  Asus M5A99FX PRO R2.0 

Corsair 600T Graphite Corsair H80i Corsair CX600 2x LG 24 inch LED @1080p Logitech G700s CM Quickfire TK (Brown)

Home Server:

Spoiler

A4 6300 @3.7Ghz 5GB Kingston/Crucial DDR3 1600Mhz 1TB WD Green 2TB Seagate Barracuda

500GB WD Blue 2x Gigabit NIC Antec 300 OCZ 500w PSU Gigabyte F2A68HM-HD2 R1.1

Yep - good numbers.

I recently setup my main PC for F@H I did all the steps but I believe it is not counting towards our team. But I also setup my other PC and that is going towards this team. I have the passkey, team number and donor name on the main PC but it still shows. Is there a way I can fix that since it has been working pretty good but I want the scores to go for this team.

[url=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg[/url=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg]

Whaler, they're catching up. NEED MORE POWER!! lol

glad to see the team growing

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!

I recently setup my main PC for F@H I did all the steps but I believe it is not counting towards our team. But I also setup my other PC and that is going towards this team. I have the passkey' date=' team number and donor name on the main PC but it still shows. Is there a way I can fix that since it has been working pretty good but I want the scores to go for this team. [url=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg"]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg[/url=http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/941/85388427.jpg]

Welcome! It will take a little while for you to show up properly in all the stat sites - usually 24-48 hours. As long as you have the same ID, team ID and passkey though, they will all start to report in...

Whaler' date=' they're catching up. NEED MORE POWER!! lol glad to see the team growing[/quote']

No kidding! lol

Thinking of getting on of those new 650ti Boost cards :D

Joined the crew and happy to be fighting diseases with my spare hardware ;)

Using a medium level only to use my cpu as my graphics hard is loud as all hell but still hoping i can make a difference :D

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Joined a few days ago Whaler do you know how the member ranking works? my rank is 102 O.o in such a small time frame?!

Joined the crew and happy to be fighting diseases with my spare hardware ;) Using a medium level only to use my cpu as my graphics hard is loud as all hell but still hoping i can make a difference :D

Every little bit counts! :)

Joined a few days ago Whaler do you know how the member ranking works? my rank is 102 O.o in such a small time frame?!

It is simply based on total points within the team - a lot of "members" joined but don't continue after a very short period for whatever reason... but they never drop off the team lists.... so as long as you fold consistently, you can go up in rank at a pretty decent rate.

Just joined the team!!!

I have set up two computers;

One of my old computers i5 2500 and an AMD 6450 running at Full 24x7

and my main rig

i7 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz and 2 x Asus GTX 680 4Gb. This one is only going to be run when I'm not gaming. (Also depends on the game, if its not an intense game i may be able to run at medium while gaming).

F@H has indicated that my main rig on full can achieve over 75000 points per day. Is this correct? It from the scores I have seen people posting it seems a little high.

Just joined the team!!! I have set up two computers; One of my old computers i5 2500 and an AMD 6450 running at Full 24x7 and my main rig i7 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz and 2 x Asus GTX 680 4Gb. This one is only going to be run when I'm not gaming. (Also depends on the game' date=' if its not an intense game i may be able to run at medium while gaming). F@H has indicated that my main rig on full can achieve over 75000 points per day. Is this correct? It from the scores I have seen people posting it seems a little high. [/quote']

The thing to remember is different WU's can give you different PPD. So you might have got some really good WU's and your PPD is higher then normal right now. But, that 680 itself will give you a LOT of PPD on its own. :)

I downloaded the Windows Installer (I have Windows 8) and ran it. Then I clicked "allow" or what ever it was, and then nothing happened. No installation process popped up.

I was going to dedicate my laptop just for folding@home once I build my gaming rig. That might be hard if I can't install it on my laptop.

Space is pretty awesome.

I downloaded the Windows Installer (I have Windows 8) and ran it. Then I clicked "allow" or what ever it was' date=' and then nothing happened. No installation process popped up. I was going to dedicate my laptop just for folding@home once I build my gaming rig. That might be hard if I can't install it on my laptop. [/quote']

Try downloading the installer directly onto your desktop - the try running it from there?

Just joined the team!!! I have set up two computers; One of my old computers i5 2500 and an AMD 6450 running at Full 24x7 and my main rig i7 2600k @ 4.6 Ghz and 2 x Asus GTX 680 4Gb. This one is only going to be run when I'm not gaming. (Also depends on the game' date=' if its not an intense game i may be able to run at medium while gaming). F@H has indicated that my main rig on full can achieve over 75000 points per day. Is this correct? It from the scores I have seen people posting it seems a little high. [/quote']

The thing to remember is different WU's can give you different PPD. So you might have got some really good WU's and your PPD is higher then normal right now. But, that 680 itself will give you a LOT of PPD on its own. :)

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info.

dang, hootis is a folding monster.

Also, i got some awesome WU's today

AAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!