Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

Just got myself set-up and started, dont really have anything dedicated but atleast i joined the team to give some more points.

Got myself started as well, my cpu is reachign extreme temparatures with a hyper 212 evo, I've tried applying some thermal paste in different way, but nothing changes :D

Maybe the cooler master paste sucks, I don't know xD

yQYbPDH.png

The 290x rests at 75°c

I joined.  For now, I'm running it on my computer at work while I work.  

It's not a crazy powerhouse, though. Late 2013 MacBook Pro w/ 2.6GHz i7-4960HQ.   

It says Cuda not detected, so I guess that means all the work is being done by the CPU and the GPU is idle.  Correct? 

Wellcome Watts300 to team! :)

I dont have any MacBook. But i would think that at this point only CPU is used for F@H.

If Cuda is 0 it wount mean your GPU isnt used for Foulding. Fouldin slots on advanced control shows you what are used..

Cheers Mummy!

Got myself started as well, my cpu is reachign extreme temparatures with a hyper 212 evo, I've tried applying some thermal paste in different way, but nothing changes :D

Maybe the cooler master paste sucks, I don't know xD

The 290x rests at 75°c

make sure if you have any fan curves setup, they are correct, replace the fan on the cooler with one with more static pressure, also make sure you have decent/fresh intake.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

I joined too, but then one day my mom saw it running on my computer, and she wondered what it was. I told her what it was and she told me that she wasn't comfortable with people accessing my computer from elsewhere even though I tried to explain it was for a good cause and it was for Stanford and all.

:(

I joined too, but then one day she saw it running on my computer, and she wondered what it was. I told her what it was and she told me that she wasn't comfortable with people accessing my computer from elsewhere even though I tried to explain it was for a good cause and it was for Stanford and all.

the wifey?

LTT's Fastest 9800gt

LTT Forum Beginners Guide

Haha lol. Are you folding on the system in your sig? That's miles better than my gtx 460 :P

Was folding on my mac.

Didn't wanna fold on my PC because my parents would be pissed at me for power consumption 24/7, as my mac has a much lower power consumption.

I joined too, but then one day my mom saw it running on my computer, and she wondered what it was. I told her what it was and she told me that she wasn't comfortable with people accessing my computer from elsewhere even though I tried to explain it was for a good cause and it was for Stanford and all.

No one accesses your systems when you are folding. It is completely secure.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Started folding last night with machine in my sig.  I only have internet access while I am at home since I use my phone as our home internet.  So it won't be running 24/7, but should be able to get a solid 12 hrs out of the day minus the time I use the machine for work and play.

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

Started folding last night with machine in my sig.  I only have internet access while I am at home since I use my phone as our home internet.  So it won't be running 24/7, but should be able to get a solid 12 hrs out of the day minus the time I use the machine for work and play.

BOINC is, in contrary to F@H, able to cache the work on your harddrive. (BOINC can work even without internet, but workunits have to be downloaded beforehand)

You could run BOINC while you're away, then uploading the results when you get home and start F@H.

BOINC is, in contrary to F@H, able to cache the work on your harddrive. (BOINC can work even without internet, but workunits have to be downloaded beforehand)

You could run BOINC while you're away, then uploading the results when you get home and start F@H.

I will have to do that!  Thanks

CPU: i7 - 5930k  GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti  MOBO: MSI XPower AC X99 RAM: Kingston HyperX Fury 32GB  Boot Drive: M.2 SM951 512GB Storage: 850 Pro 1TB SSD PSU: EVGA 1000W Case: TT Core X9 CPU Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate Case Fans: 2x Cooler Master 200mm Fan, 5x Cougar Vortex 120mm, 4x Be quiet! Pure Wings 140mm Peripherals: Corsair K70 and G5 Mouse

Lol, downloading a wu, processing the work then uploading isn't exactly much functionality to brag about.

If anything, any other solution would be the strange one. I can just as easily launch my folding client with a 

pre downloaded wu.

Now, where boinc clearly has the upper hand is you being able to choose how many tasks or upload/download

cycles to have at any given time, which certainly is a bonus in some situations. As far as i can understand,

Stanford doesn't do it because it would ruin their flow.

Started folding again, now with this team.

Won't be able to contribute much, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

Only running it on one core of a laptop I use to work, and I'll probably

be running it on-off on my workstation which is far more powerful.

What's this stuff about BOINC?

Is it a different client capable of doing FAH WUs?

BOINC is a similar project to F@H as it also uses distributed computing. I don't really know much about it though so take a look here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/151235-official-ltt-boinc-faq-guide/

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

I skimmed over it, found nothing about FAH compatibility so I'm assuming it doesn't co-exist with FAH. 

Yeah I think they are separate.

Written on my Lenovo Z500 T - I5-3230M   Or

My pc :)

I'm giving them both a shot. Seems BOINC has more things that actually interest me, but it'd be a bit sad having to leave this team.

We have a boinc team aswell, so all is not lost. Several members participate in both teams. 

Wellcome all new members to both the FAH and BOINC teams. And yes, which ever group you choose is great. In all cases you are contributing to research, scientific or medical.

FYI - on any on PC, do not run both FAH and BOINC. That will basically slow down both as they each try to maximize use on your CPU/GPU. 

Just joined the team, at 41% through a work unit whilst downloading one of my steam games xD. CPU usage is at 100% as well!

Well done everyone, we've just climbed into 13th spot, 12th is an estimated 6 weeks away.

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/team_summary.php?s=&t=223518

CPU: i7-5960X @ 4.5Ghz MB: Rampage V Extreme GPU: Titan X (self OC) Mem: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4 @ 3000 PSU: Corsair AX1200i With Green/Black Sleeved Cablemod Cables, Case: Corsair 900D KB: Corsair K95 RGB Cherry Red, Mouse: Logitech G502 + Destructor 2 Mat, Sound: Logitech Z623 Speakers, Display: 2x Samsung BX2440's, Cooling: Corsair H100i on CPU. 5x 140mm Intake fans + 1x 140mm Exhaust.

Winter is almost here in Colorado so time to get folding on my new card and possibly even my older systems :D

A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist.

Core 4 Quad Not Extreme, only available on LGA 557 at your local Circuit City