Folding@Home Install Guide and Links - LinusTechTips_Team - 223518

JOINED ! Just downloaded the software, registered under our team number !
Welcome to the gang! :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Joined. :P
A hearty welcome!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Yee haa - Over 9 Million points now :)

Great job linking all this good information. im sure it will help get people folding.

Thanks! Don't forget to check out the FAQ I have created with lots more.

Just joined! :D

Welcome to the club!

just joined :D

More new members - glad to have! :D

I just joined 5918 points per day. But i have one question, why can't i see my name on the team?
It sometimes takes a while to update. Just make sure you entered your name, team number, and passkey correctly into the F@H client.

I just joined 5918 points per day. But i have one question' date=' why can't i see my name on the team?[/quote']

Welcome, welcome!

I just joined 5918 points per day. But i have one question, why can't i see my name on the team?
Wait were do i get the passkey?

I just joined 5918 points per day. But i have one question' date=' why can't i see my name on the team?[/quote']

Can get it here:

Link for the Passkey...

http://fah-web.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/getpasskey.py

You need that for eventual bonus points...

At last check though, site was down...

EDIT: Looks to be up now...

• 2 weeks later...

Don't worry about that, your folding is working fine and wow you are producing a whooping 100,000+k of points!

Ya, that just a link error while the screen tries to connect out to fetch the details of the Project you are working on.

• 3 weeks later...

sweet im gonna set this up and join the linus tech tips folding team :) i would imagine my rig should do very well with folding.. thanks for the install guide

I just joined the team! Could someone to tell me if 48' date='734 points per day is good?[/quote']

Welcome, and ya, 48K a day is a great PPD set.

I am starting this up! I get 25857 points a day is that good? I have 560 TI 448, overclocked slightly and an i3 2100. Give me tips on how to get better points!

I am starting this up! I get 25857 points a day is that good? I have 560 TI 448' date=' overclocked slightly and an i3 2100. Give me tips on how to get better points![/quote']

Welcome to the club! Yep, that is good PPD for that. And not really any way to get better PPD other then throwing more/better hardware at it. And depending what WU you get, which you cannot control, your PPD can go up and down as well...

I'm in!!!

Welcome to the gang!!