Civ VI coming to iPad

If anyone missed the announcement, it seems that the full version of Civilization VI is coming to iPad. I'm surprised at this considering the mechanics, but Civ VI might be the most suitable game in the Civ franchise to be on a mobile device.

https://www.engadget.com/2017/12/21/civilization-vi-for-ipad/

I may be now be considered a noob because I have never heard of that game before. Not downloading it 0/10 IGN no glock pistol

Will it support cross-platform multiplayer?

Civ V player here :P

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

3 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

Will it support cross-platform multiplayer?

Civ V player here :P

That's a good question, all I know is that multiplayer is currently limited to lan only.

5 minutes ago, tjcater said:

That's a good question, all I know is that multiplayer is currently limited to lan only.

Hopefully they implement the feature in the future, if they don't then maybe I'll just go with the PC version first just to be in the safe zone :P 

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

8 minutes ago, DimasRMDO said:

Hopefully they implement the feature in the future, if they don't then maybe I'll just go with the PC version first just to be in the safe zone :P 

It would probably be better to get the PC version regardless :P Unless of course you want to take it on the go or play with touch controls. From one of the videos for the iPad version (Not sure which iPad, so that might be a factor), it seems like waiting times in the first 60 turns is like what you would expect on a late game on PC  (150/300+ turns).

The app has a 60 turn demo on iPad so you can give it a try before making a decision.