Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
charbel1011

What gaming headset to buy?

Why steelseries?

(>.>)

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

1 minute ago, charbel1011 said:

im open to options.

-HyperX Cloud Core

-Or ATHm40x/HD 558/Phillips SPH9500 with Modmic 4 add on

Gaming Mouse Buying Guide (Technical Terms,Optical vs Laser,Mice Recommendation,Popular Mouse Sensor,Etc)

[LOGITECH G402 REVIEW]

I love Dark Souls lore, Mice and Milk tea  ^_^ Praise The Sun! \[T]/

I can conquer the world with one hand,As long as you hold the other -Unknown

Its better to enjoy your own company than expecting someone to make you happy -Mr Bean

No one is going to be with you forever,One day u'll have to walk alone -Hiromi aoki (avery)

BUT the one who love us never really leave us,You can always find them here -Sirius Black

Don't pity the dead,Pity the living and above all those who live without love -Albus Dumbledore

Budget? I love my Artctis 5s.

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Xeon X5650 OC'd to 4.4GHz @ 1.36V (courtesy of @XR6) Motherboard: Asus Sabertooth X58 RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR3 1866MHz GPU: Asus RX 570 Strix Storage: WD Blue 1TB and a 128GB Kingston UV400 PSU: EVGA 600B Case: Fractal Design Define C Monitor: 3x Dell P2210 on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech G403 Prodigy Wireless Keyboard: It changes, but usually Focus FK-9000 Mousepad: Steelseries QcK XL Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE

i use arch btw

37 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

What gaming headset to buy? from steelseries?

I'd go to a store and try them on then you can see for yourself whether you like the weight of some headsets and want overear or onear cups.

I for instance don't like the wireless Logitech g933 as much as I like Razers wireless headsets for the weight and the form of the cups which I tried in a store.

Desktop

CPUi5-6600K MotherboardGigabyte GA-Z170-HD3P CPU Cooler: Thermalright True Spirit 120M Black/white RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Gigabyte 1070 HDDs: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM  SSDSamsung EVO 850 500GB PSU: Coolermaster 550W 80+ Gold Case: NZXT S340 (White) with a white led strip ;)

Laptops

Dell 7577

CPUi7 7700HQ RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: GTX1060 Max-q HDD: 1TB 5400 RPM  SSDNVMe 512GB SCREEN: 4k IPS 15.6"

Macbook pro 2018

CPUi7 RAM: 16 GB DDR4 2400Mhz GPU: Radeon Pro 555X 4GB Storage256GB SCREEN: 15"

i would recommend the Hyper X cloud 2 (or cloud stinger if you're on a tighter budget) ; these bad boys have great audio and mics for your buck, are made with memory foam so it doesn't get irradiating to wear with long use, and they look great if you like the black and red gamer look (or whatever other color option you want, i personally prefer the black and red one but they have others options as well) https://www.hyperxgaming.com/us/headsets/cloud-gaming-headset?partnum=KHX-HSCP-RD

on the other hand if you just want a solid black headset, these look nice but i can't say i've used em, but sennheiser has a solid reputation in audiophiles from what i've heard https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-x-sennheiser-pc37x-gaming-headset

Well. depends on what you want.

Wireless, I´d definitely recommend either the Corsair Void or the Logitech G933

Wired, then pretty much any headset from a reputable brand with atleast a $50 pricetag will do kinda

Case: Corsair Graphite 760T || PSU: Corsair RM650i || Mobo: Asus RoG Strix Z270E || CPU: Intel i5-7600K @4.8GHz || Cooler: Corsair H110i v2 || RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200MHz 16GB White LED || GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB GAMING X || SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 250GB, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB, Samsung MZ1280 M.2 128GB || HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB

HyperX Cloud II, Razer Kraken or Razer Man o' War

I might not know what I'm talking about but I'm gonna say it anyways

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig: Gigabyte Aero 15W v8-BK4 15"

CPU: Intel i7 8750-H 6-core

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4 2666 mHz

Storage: 512 m.2 nvme ssd

GPU: GTX 1060 6gb

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: Corsair Strafe RGB Cherry Mx Silent

Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum RGB, Steelseries Rival 600 

Headset: Philips SHP 9500

Dac/Amp: Peachtree Shift Portable

Hyperx headsets are usually good for their price, since they actually care about audio quality.

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Posted · Original PosterOP
5 hours ago, lefudgelover666 said:

if money isnt an issue gaming headsets are the wrong place to be looking

okay then what headsets i should be looking for?

its kind of impossible to recommend anything without an actual price range, , give us a set amount and we can recommend based on that, i use Beyerdynamic T5p's and a Razer Seiren Pro, but of course im not going to recommend a $1300 combeo if your actual budget is in the 25-300 range etc etc

Posted · Original PosterOP

i have the razer kraken chroma right now and i wanna get rid of it. i want something with really nice quality microphone and sound any recommendation will be appreciated.

2 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

i have the razer kraken chroma right now and i wanna get rid of it. i want something with really nice quality microphone and sound any recommendation will be appreciated.

MDR 7506

My life

8 minutes ago, charbel1011 said:

I've had good experiences with the Logitech G430.

Sennheiser Game One is what I use, I wouldn't call it an audiophile grade headset and the mic isn't pro but it is still a rather good headset.  I have the Razer Kraken Pro as well and it's excellent for gaming, crap for everything else (not sure about the mic).

If you want true audiophile grade the sky is the limit IE: dac/amp nice cans and a mod mic or boom arm mic.  There are quality can's that won't require a dac/amp, throw in a mod mic and you've got something better than any gaming headset and tailored to your requirements.

edit: at the very least you should get the modmic usb dac, it's cheap and separates the output from the input so if your listening to loud music and gaming there isn't feedback from desktop to mic.